January is the perfect month to go on a girls’ getaway or family vacation. The festive season has just ended so traveling this time of year (after the holidays), is much more affordable. You’ll find great deals on flights, hotels, and vacation packages this month – especially for last-minute trips.
Imagine skiing or snowboarding on the slopes, sipping champagne aprés style, relaxing in spas, hiking, exploring cities, shopping, and attending (uncrowded) events and tours. This is another perk of traveling in January. Beyond better pricing, popular hotels, tours, and restaurants that would typically be sold out during high season, tend to be wide open.
With so many great January destinations, we have compiled a list of our top 10 best destinations to visit in January in the USA. Whether it’s a quick weekend escape or a week-long getaway, we hope this article inspires you to grab your girlfriends and go on an adventure this month!
1) Big Bear, California
Big Bear, California, is a picturesque destination that should be on your travel bucket list for January. It is nestled in the heart of the San Bernardino Mountains, which makes it conveniently located close enough to Los Angeles that you could enjoy the best of both worlds – surfing in the morning and skiing in the afternoon.
During the winter months, this area is transformed into a winter wonderland with a blanket of snow covering the landscape, making it the perfect place to enjoy a cozy winter getaway with your girlfriends.
If you are a snow lover, you can hit the slopes and enjoy skiing or snowboarding at one of two mountain resorts – Snow Summit or Bear Mountain. If relaxation is more your style, you can unwind and rejuvenate at one of the many spas in the area.
For the adventurous types, there are guided snowshoeing tours, hikes and helicopter tours that offer breathtaking views of the mountains and surrounding areas. For the thrill-seekers, there is the Alpine Slide at Magic Mountain that will bring out your inner child, or the exhilarating zip line rides that will get your heart racing.
Related Article: The 6 Best Airbnbs in Big Bear
Best Places To Stay In Big Bear, California
Luxury Big Bear Hotels
- Big Bear Frontier – Walking distance to the village and lake, this is a great place to explore Big Bear.
- Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa – Located in a gorgeous lake setting, pool and steps away from the beach make this place a real gem!
- Blue Bear Lodge Cabin – A beautiful and modern cabin close to all the best spots in Big Bear.
Mid-Range Big Bear Hotels
- Best Western Big Bear Chateau – Located close to Snow Summit and nearby top shopping Areas. This hotel also provides a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and a fireplace.
- Holiday Inn Resort The Lodge At Big Bear Lake – This hotel has 148 rooms, including rooms with balconies, jetted tubs and patios. The hotel also has a swimming pool and complimentary self-parking.
- Lagonita Lodge – This aparthotel has 98 rooms, including one, two and three-bedroom apartments. These apartments can sleep anywhere from four people to eight people.
Budget Big Bear Hotels
- Sessions Retreat and Hotel – Located close to Snow Summit, this hotel offers guests a choice between king, queen, triple and cabin rooms. The hotel has complimentary self-parking and a firepit.
- Black Forest Lodge and Cabins – These lodges and cabins are divided into individual buildings and rooms. Some rooms are studios, traditional hotel-style rooms, and cabins.
- The Sky View Inn – Complete with family cabins, deluxe rooms, suites and single rooms, this hotel can suit any group trip.
2) New York City
New York City is a great year-round getaway destination, but something about visiting the city in January makes it magical. It’s the cheaper price tag and the absence of the peak season crowds that have us loving NYC for a January trip.
New York City is one of the most famous cities in the world and offers anything and everything you can imagine. With ice skating rinks, snow-covered landscapes, and great restaurants and bars that are less crowded, you’ll love January in NYC.
Best Places To Stay In New York City
Luxury New York City Hotels
- Mandarin Oriental New York – A 5-star luxury hotel just a two-minute walk from Central Park. The hotel has 244 rooms with Hudson River views, Central Park views and two-bedroom rooms which can sleep up to seven people.
- 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge – This five-star hotel offers guests a luxury escape from the city. The hotel has a poolside bar, swimming pool, rooftop bar, coffee shop and an onsite cafe.
- The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York – A luxury hotel located on 61st Street, close to Central Park, Broadway and Times Square. This hotel features rooms with two bedrooms, suites and executive suites with a mixture of park and city views.
Mid-Range New York City Hotels
- Hotel Belleclaire Central Park – This 4-star hotel is located on Broadway close to a metro station and within walkable distance of top attractions. The hotel has 254 rooms with premium comforts and thoughtful touches throughout.
- Hôtel Plaza Athénée – This hotel offers a variety of rooms, including deluxe rooms, king rooms, twin rooms and one-bedroom suites, sleeping up to five people.
- The Muse New York – The eco-certified hotel located on 46th Street, just a 3-minute walk from Times Square and Broadway and a 15-minute walk from Central Park.
Budget New York City Hotels
- Arlo Williamsburg Hotel – Located in Brooklyn, this hotel is close to Grand Central Terminal and has easy access to the city. The hotel also has a poolside bar, nightclub, terrace and outdoor swimming pool.
- The Surrey – This art deco boutique hotel has a rooftop terrace and garden, an onsite spa and a restaurant. The Surrey hotel has 189 rooms with premium bedding and pillow menus.
- The Chatwal, in the Unbound Collection – This hotel offers guests superb facilities, including an indoor swimming pool, full breakfast, airport shuttle and bike rentals.
Best Tours To Take In New York City
- Do something unique and head to the Museum of Ice Cream. This is a Willy Wonka factory come to life, and you are guaranteed a day full of sweet treats and lots of ice cream.
- Experience breathtaking views of New York City on a guided helicopter tour. Fly over Manhattan’s famous skyscrapers, see the Statue of Liberty up close, and pass by Central Park on your way uptown.
- Experience a close-up view of one of the most renowned monuments in the world, the iconic trip around New York’s harbor. Embark on a sightseeing cruise that will take you around the Statue of Liberty, passing under the Brooklyn Bridge and over to Ellis Island.
3) Lake Tahoe
Lake Tahoe is a large lake in the Sierra Nevada mountain range, spanning California and Nevada. It is a popular summer destination for those who enjoy spending time on the lake, boating, paddleboarding, or relaxing on the shore. However, it is also a fantastic winter destination!
This area boasts twelve ski resorts with numerous mountain and sports activities to partake in. But even if skiing isn’t your thing, Lake Tahoe is still an excellent destination for a girls’ getaway. You can indulge in luxury spas, ride on the Heavenly gondola with panoramic views, embark on snowshoe hikes, explore the Olympic museum, try ice skating, or take on cross-country skiing.
Imagine spending your day in the snow with your girls, then heading back to your cozy wooden chalet to sip some champagne or hot chocolate on the terrace with breathtaking mountain views.
Best Places To Stay In Lake Tahoe, California
Luxury Lake Tahoe Hotels
- The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe – Located in Truckee, this luxury hotel is near the mountains near the Northstar California Resort. The resort has ski-in/ski-out access, three onsite restaurants and an onsite spa.
- Edgewood Tahoe Resort – Located in Stateline, this resort is near the Heavenly Ski Resort and has an 18-hole golf course, a private beach, and a swimming pool. The hotel features 154 rooms, including suites, rooms, one, two, three, four, and five-bedroom suites.
- Hyatt Vacation Club at Northstar Lodge – This slopeside hotel has 108 rooms, which feature apartment-style rooms, with a full kitchen and can sleep between two and 14 people.
Mid-Range Lake Tahoe Hotels
- Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort – This family-friendly hotel has three restaurants, onsite shopping, a spa and a casino. There is also an outdoor swimming pool and a free ski shuttle.
- Margaritaville Resort Lake Tahoe – Near the Heavenly Ski Resort, this hotel is a fantastic accommodation option for every group size. There are king, queen and mountain view rooms.
- Hotel Azure – Located in South Lake Tahoe, this hotel is close to the Heavenly Valley, El Dorado Beach and Ski Run Marina.
Budget Lake Tahoe Hotels
- Lake Tahoe Retreat – This incredible retreat sleeps up to eight people and has a private hot tub for winter nights, perfect for relaxing after a day of skiing!
- Tahoma Cabin – A gorgeous cabin with stunning warm tones; cozy next to the fireplace, or have a beverage in the steaming hot tub under the stars with your best girlfriends.
- Beach Retreat and Lodge at Tahoe – This hotel has 261 rooms with king beds, two queen beds, and beach views.
Best Tours To Take In Lake Tahoe, California
Explore the natural beauty of the Sierra Nevada Mountains on a guided snowshoeing tour. Discover the unique ecology of Lake Tahoe, wander through evergreens, and enjoy breathtaking vistas.
4) Park City, Utah
Park City is an excellent destination to visit in January. The town has a quaint charm and a historic main street district worth exploring. You can enjoy various activities during your stay, such as skiing or snowboarding at Park City Mountain or Deer Valley Resort, relaxing at a spa, riding the alpine coaster, hiking trails, and exploring the town. You can even visit the Utah Olympic Park, a great attraction to explore.
Suppose you’re a fan of independent films. In that case, you might want to attend the Sundance Film Festival, held annually for 11 days at the end of January and the start of February, showcasing independent films and artists worldwide.
If skiing isn’t your thing, you can visit Salt Lake City on a day trip or stay there and visit Park City for a day trip. Salt Lake City has many wonderful historic buildings and gardens worth checking out.
Related Article: The 7 Best Airbnbs In Park City
Best Places To Stay In Park City, Utah
Luxury Park City Hotels
- The Lodge at the Mountain Village – Direct access to the slopes makes this perfect for relaxing after a day of hitting the slopes.
- Hotel Park City – Located in North Park City, this hotel has apartment-style rooms with studio and one and two-bedroom options.
- Montage Deer Valley – This hotel has 220 rooms, many of which are apartment-style, sleeping between four and ten people. Located in Deer Valley, this hotel has a terrace and ski-in/ski-out access.
Mid-Range Park City Hotels
- Abode at the ridge in Deer Valley – Five minutes to Deer Valley Resort means you can walk to the slopes! This rental also has a private hot tub and fireplaces, making it a cozy spot to rest your feet with a glass of wine around the fire.
- Best Western Plus Landmark Inn – Located in Park City, this hotel is within walking distance of the Tanger Outlet Center, Redstone and the Snyderville Basin Recreation Center.
- Sheraton Park City – This hotel is located in North Park City and is close to Park City Mountain Resort and Deer Valley Resort. The hotel has an indoor swimming pool, a cooked-to-order breakfast and a fireplace in the lobby.
Budget Park City Hotels
- Abode at Pinnacle – The hot tub and sauna make this the perfect winter vacation spot.
- AC Hotel by Marriott Park City – Located in Kimball Junction, close to the Utah Olympic Park, Park City Mountain Resort, and Snowbird Ski Resorts.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Park City – Located close to Kimball Art Center and Deer Valley Resort, this hotel has a coffee shop, a gym, an outdoor swimming pool and bike rental.
Best Tours To Take In Park City, Utah
- On this food walking tour of Park City, you’ll explore the area’s architecture, folklore, culture, arts, and history while sampling dishes at some of its best restaurants.
- Head out on a three-hour sightseeing tour of Bryce Canyon.
5) Sedona, Arizona
Sedona, Arizona, maybe a small town, but it’s a haven for hikers. There are plenty of hotels and restaurants in Sedona, ranging from Old West-style eateries to wineries. The landscape surrounding Sedona is gorgeous, with a wide range of fantastic hiking spots, such as the Broken Arrow hike, Cathedral Rock trail, Buddha Beach, Devi’s Bridge, and Centennial Trail.
These are all stunning hikes through canyons that offer excellent opportunities for photography. Just imagine spending the day or morning hiking through picturesque landscapes and then spending the rest of the day at a winery or taking a wine tour of the various Sedona wineries.
Best Places To Stay In Sedona, Arizona
Luxury Sedona Hotels
- Arabella Hotel Sedona – This hotel is excellent for adventure lovers, with easy access to hiking and biking trails. The hotel has a heated swimming pool with sun loungers, two hot tubs, and an onsite Mexican restaurant.
- Amara Resort and Spa – A luxury Sedona hotel in Uptown Sedona with an outdoor swimming pool, an onsite spa, and a local restaurant.
- Orchards Inn – Located close to the Sedona Arts Center, this hotel is within a walkable area of Sedona with good shopping.
Mid-Range Sedona Hotels
- Hiking Trails Home – Set on incredible hiking trails and undisturbed views of Mystic Mountain from your rooftop terrace with a hot tub. This holiday home is iconic and a great way to relax with your girls after a day of hiking.
- Restful Refuge Vacation Rental – Complete with an upper deck offering expansive 360 views of Sedona’s famous red rocks.
- Sky Ranch Lodge – This hotel has 94 rooms, including king rooms, cottages, queen rooms, and mountain view rooms. This hotel also has an outdoor swimming pool and complimentary self-parking.
Budget Sedona Hotels
- Los Abrigados Resort and Spa – This hotel offers two onsite restaurants and a room accommodating up to six people. It is located in a walkable neighborhood of the city close to excellent shopping and hiking/biking trails.
- Sedona Real Inn and Suites – Located in West Sedona, this hotel has 89 rooms that feature unique touches such as fireplaces and laptop-friendly safes.
- Arroyo Pinion Hotel – This eco-certified Sedona hotel has a tremendous outdoor firepit area, an outdoor swimming pool, and cabanas and sun loungers.
Best Tours To Take In Sedona, Arizona
- Discover Sedona’s red rock geology, energetic vortexes, and history on a guided sightseeing tour with photo stops.
- Watch the sunset from Centennial Trail; top tip – pack a picnic and prosecco and create your own magical girls’ getaway Instagram moment as the sun goes down or head out on a star gazing tour.
- Experience the tranquility of Canyon X on a guided tour that includes Horseshoe Bend, Lake Powell, and Glen Canyon Dam. Enjoy a delicious lunch along the way!
6) Bend, Oregon
Bend, Oregon, is an ideal location for a January getaway in the US, offering a variety of winter activities to enjoy. This town is renowned as one of the country’s most excellent and is worth considering for your next vacation.
Bend and its surroundings provide numerous activities for a getaway, including dog sledding, Nordic skiing, skiing, snowboarding, snow blast tubing park, and snowshoeing on nearby Mt Bachelor. Other great winter activities include fat biking and hiking trails in The Oregon Badlands Wilderness.
If you’re in need of some relaxation, Bend, Oregon, also boasts full-day spas, as well as happy hours in breweries. For something a little different, you can even go on a volcano tour, exploring the shores of the sparkling Paulina Lake and passing a towering lava flow!
Related Article: The 11 Best Airbnbs In Bend
Best Places To Stay In Bend, Oregon
Luxury Bend Hotels
- Caldera Springs Home – A flawless home with a fire pit and plenty of outdoor space. This is a perfect choice for Bend near ski and snowboarding slopes.
- SCP Hotel Redman – This hotel is eco-friendly, and the modern design compliments the beautiful historical features of the incredible original building.
- 5 Bedroom Luxury Home – A beautifully decorated holiday home perfect for a girl’s weekend away.
Mid-Range Bend Hotels
- Element Bend – This eco-certified hotel has a complimentary breakfast and is within walking distance of local attractions and restaurants.
- Holiday Inn Express and Suites South Bend – Located in the mountains of Southeast Bend and near a state park, this hotel provides guests access to an indoor swimming pool and complimentary self-parking.
- Campfire Hotel – Located close to Tower Theater and Des Chutes Historical Museum, this hotel has a heated pool and free bicycle rentals. The rooms can sleep between two and six people, with mountain views and thoughtful touches.
Budget Bend Hotels
- Riverhouse on the Deschutes – This adventure resort is close to the Bend River Promenade and the Deschutes River. This resort is excellent for hiking, biking, fishing, and relaxing. The hotel restaurant also has a great al fresco brunch.
- Fairfield Inn and Suite Bend Downtown – Guests can enjoy using the swimming pool, relaxing on the sun loungers and renting a bike.
- LOGE Bend – Located in Century West in the mountains, this hotel is close to the Hayden Homes Amphitheater, Tower Theater and Mt Bachelor Ski Resort.
Best Tours To Take In Bend, Oregon
- Paddle through mountain lakes in the Cascade Range. Enjoy panoramic views of the Three Sisters and Broken Top, and sip on local craft beer or root beer lakeside.
- Take part in a half-day tour of Newberry Volcano.
- Snowshoe off-trail through a winter wonderland with an award-winning naturalist guide who will bring the area alive through their knowledge of natural and cultural history.
7) Chicago, Illinois
Chicago, located in Illinois on the shore of Lake Michigan, is a bustling mid-western city with a population of almost 9 million. Despite being the third-largest city in the United States, Chicago has a small city feel that makes it unique.
There is a vast array of activities to do and things to see in Chicago, which is sometimes referred to as “The Windy City.”
It has attractions such as the world-famous Millennium Park and The Bean, museums, shopping on the Magnificent Mile, great bars, restaurants, and beautiful views. If you’re looking to plan an incredible weekend getaway in the Midwest during January, Chicago should be at the top of your list of places to visit.
Best Places To Stay In Chicago, Illinois
Luxury Chicago Hotels
- Langham Hotel – This 5-star hotel has 316 individually furnished rooms, including suites with four guests and club view rooms. Some rooms also have river and city views.
- The St Regis Chicago – Located in downtown Chicago and within walking distance of Millennium Park and Michigan Avenue, this hotel offers a luxury place to stay in the city’s heart.
- JW Marriott Chicago – This luxury Downtown hotel has rooms sleeping between two and five people in suites and city-view rooms. The hotel has an onsite spa to relax with your girls and an onsite Italian restaurant.
Mid-Range Chicago Hotels
- The Peninsula Chicago – Located in Downtown Chicago, this hotel is within walking distance of bars and restaurants and popular tourist attractions like the Millennium Park and Chicago Riverwalk.
- Westin Chicago River North – Located close to the Chicago Riverwalk and Michigan Avenue, this hotel is an excellent base for visiting the market. The hotel has an onsite restaurant and bar, with easy access to other great bars and restaurants in the city.
- The Peninsula Chicago – Located in Downtown Chicago, this hotel is within walking distance of bars and restaurants and popular tourist attractions like the Millennium Park and Chicago Riverwalk.
Budget Chicago Hotels
- Virgin Hotels Chicago – Complete with two restaurants and a nightclub, this hotel is just a short walk from the riverfront.
- Chicago Athletic Association Hotel – This hotel is just two minutes from Millennium Park, with many rooms overlooking the park. The 4.5-star hotel has a rooftop terrace, a coffee shop and two onsite restaurants.
- LondonHouse Chicago – This 4.5-star hotel has two bars, a terrace, two onsite restaurants and a spa. The 452 rooms have premium bedding and all the amenities needed for a great stay.
Best Tours To Take In Chicago, Illinois
- Enjoy a 1.5-hour architecture cruise with a comprehensive tour with a live, fun guide as you navigate through the city’s heart, covering all three branches of the Chicago River.
- Visit the Chicago Observation Deck with a skip-the-ticket purchase desk to enjoy the best panoramic views of Chicago, 94 stories above the Windy City.
- Spend the morning or afternoon exploring the city with your girls on a hop-on hop-off bus tour, allowing you to stop at different attractions in the city or enjoy drinks at different bars.
8) Los Angeles, California
Los Angeles is a vast city situated on the southern California coastline in the United States. This city is renowned for its Hollywood ambiance, celebrity sightings, picturesque beaches, and historic landmarks. Los Angeles offers many attractions, including a vibrant downtown area, exceptional dining options, excellent shopping and luxurious hotels.
LA is filled with festivals, cultural celebrations, art exhibitions, comedy shows, and Sunday food and design tours in January. The weather is cooler in January than in other months but ranges between 50 and 68 degrees.
Best Places To Stay In Los Angeles, California
Luxury Los Angeles Hotels
- The Beverly Hills Hotel – Located on Sunset Boulevard, this luxurious “The Pink Palace” hotel features a full-service spa and a beautiful outdoor pool. Downtown Beverly Hills is just one mile away.
- Four Seasons Beverly Hills – Located in the heart of Los Angeles, this luxurious 5-star hotel boasts rooms with French doors that open to private balconies and a stunning outdoor pool.
- Mondrian – Located on the Sunset Strip, this hotel’s floor-to-ceiling windows offer sweeping views of LA. Guests can enjoy poolside cocktails at the Skybar.
Mid-Range Los Angeles Hotels
- Proper Hotel – This hotel in Santa Monica is considered the most fashionable. It has been voted the best rooftop terrace in Southern California, boasting a stunning rooftop pool and a fun rooftop bar. If you stay here, don’t forget to dine at their rooftop restaurant, Calabra.
- London Hotel -Located just steps away from Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive shopping, this boutique hotel in West Hollywood offers a rooftop lounge with cabanas and a restaurant that serves a daily à la carte breakfast menu for guests.
- Proper Hotel Downtown – Proper has converted a historic Broadway Corridor landmark into a stunning 147-room hotel with a rooftop pool, all set against the backdrop of city lights and vintage brick.
Budget Los Angeles Hotels
- Andaz – Located just a five-minute walk from the Sunset Strip, this hotel boasts a retro aesthetic and a trendy rooftop pool.
- 1 Hotel – Eco hotel has a fabulous rooftop pool and beautiful, clean design, 1,000 feet from Sunset Strip.
- Viceroy – If you’re looking for a trendy hotel in Santa Monica, I recommend checking out this great option located on Ocean Avenue.
Best Tours To Take In Los Angeles, California
- See the best of Los Angeles from a bird’s eye perspective on this 1-hour private helicopter tour. Admire epic views of the world-famous Hollywood Sign, Universal Studios, Downtown LA, Beverly Hills, Malibu, Santa Monica Pier, and celebrity homes.
- Relax and unwind on a Marina Del Rey luxury boat cruise with wine and cheese. Enjoy cheese, wine, and beautiful views of the coastline.
- Discover the history and glamour of Los Angeles’ famous landmarks on a LA City highlights private guided tour. Stroll through the renowned Walk of Fame, the luxurious Beverly Hills, and the vibrant Venice Beach.
9) Asheville, North Carolina
Asheville is a charming town located in North Carolina, nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains. The city is famous for its lively arts scene, well-preserved architecture, and the vibrant Downtown Art District, home to many museums and galleries.
The city offers various outdoor activities, including hiking, climbing and mountain biking. The region also boasts stunning views and enchanting waterfalls, making it a perfect destination for nature enthusiasts.
Related Article: The Ultimate Asheville Bachelorette Party Guide
Best Places To Stay In Asheville, North Carolina
Luxury Asheville Hotels
- The Omni Grove Park Inn – This resort just outside the city has 513 rooms, an outdoor and indoor swimming pool, an 18-hole golf course and five onsite restaurants.
- Grand Bohemian Asheville – Located in Biltmore Village, this hotel has a full-service spa, a terrace, rooms with balconies and a fireplace in the lobby. The hotel has 104 rooms with premium bedding and large rooms with multiple living spaces; some have terraces.
- Village Hotel on Biltmore Estate – With a winery attached, this hotel is the perfect place to stay with your girls if you like wine and adventure activities. At this hotel, guests can enjoy mountain biking, fishing, horseback riding, or relaxing at the spa.
Mid-Range Asheville Hotels
- The Radical – Located in the River Arts District, this hotel is within walking distance of bars and restaurants. The hotel has 70 rooms, including suites, rooms, lofts and rooms sleeping up to four people.
- Beaufort House Inn – This four-star bed and breakfast offers guests a stay in one of the 11 individually furnished rooms. Each room sleeps between two and four people, ideal for a small bachelorette party or a larger one with multiple rooms.
- Aloft Asheville Downtown – Located in the heart of Downtown, this hotel is ideally within walking distance of breweries, restaurants and the shopping district.
Budget Asheville Hotels
- Princess Anne Hotel and Breakfast – Located on Charlotte Street, close to the mountains, this hotel offers easy access to the city, surrounding mountains and national parks. The hotel has large rooms ranging from 269 sq ft to 699 sq ft with mountain and city views.
- Kimpton Hotel Arras – Located in Downtown Asheville, close to the mountains, this hotel has excellent access to several of the city’s main attractions, including Pack Square and Biltmore Estate.
- The Restoration Asheville – This four-star hotel offers guests a mix of premium king suites, signature king suites, studios and rooms with terraces. The hotel offers guests the chance to have a drink on the rooftop terrace, complimentary continental breakfasts and three onsite restaurants. This hotel also provides free bicycle rentals.
Best Tours To Take In Asheville, North Carolina
- Discover Asheville’s top breweries on a guided walking tour featuring local history and craft beer experts. Your girls will also get the opportunity to taste beers along the way.
- Join the Asheville Terrors for a night of bone-chilling ghost stories and local drinks on a dramatic pub crawl of the downtown district.
- Escape to the serene Blue Ridge Mountains with your girls for a 2-mile hike followed by an hour of mountaintop yoga.
10) Miami, Florida
Miami’s year-round “tropical monsoon” climate makes it an ideal January getaway destination, free from snow, ice, and freezing temperatures.
With a population of almost 500,000, Miami is the 44th largest city in the United States, offering much to see and do. There are many great hotels, top-notch restaurants, world-class clubs, beautiful beaches, and a vibrant art scene.
Best Places To Stay In Miami, Florida
Luxury Miami Hotels
- W Hotel South Beach – This hotel is known for its sophisticated and fun atmosphere. It is located next to 1 Hotel and has a superb beachfront location. Just a 10-minute walk from the property, you can find shops, clubs, and restaurants on Lincoln Road.
- The Ritz-Carlton Bal Harbour Miami – This hotel is just a one-minute walk from the beach. It boasts a spa covering an area of 10,000 square feet. The spa features a sauna and steam room and hydrotherapy and meditative spaces.
- The Setai Hotel Miami Beach – Although it comes with a hefty price tag, this ultra-luxurious 5-star hotel is the quietest hotel on South Beach, making it the perfect place to stay if you want to relax and unwind. With Art Deco decor incorporating Asian influences, this hotel is like an oasis of serenity in the heart of bustling South Beach.
Mid-Range Miami Hotels
- The Standard – Located near the bay, this hotel is in the Venetian Islands, a neighborhood in Miami Beach with great shopping! Along with a full-service spa, this hotel has an outdoor pool, a fitness center, a bar/lounge and a poolside bar.
- The Miami Beach EDITION – This hotel is situated on a 3.5-acre private enclave that extends from Collins Avenue to the ocean shoreline. Its design aims to create an atmosphere that is both intimate and glamorous. The hotel boasts two swimming pools and several dining options that offer delicious food and cocktails. If you’re looking for a fun time with your friends, consider renting a poolside bungalow for the day.
- Faena Hotel Miami Beach – This hotel is located on Miami Beach and features an outdoor pool and South American-inspired spa offering massage, nail care and salon services.
Budget Miami Hotels
- The Goodtime Hotel – This 4-star hotel in South Beach is affordable and features a fun rooftop pool.
- Gale South Beach – This property is situated opposite the beach. It features an onsite restaurant, a seasonal rooftop pool, and a fitness center. The shops and restaurants at Lincoln Road Mall are less than a mile away.
- Mondrian Hotel South Beach – This hotel has a lively party atmosphere and is situated away from the main tourist area, yet is still just a short distance from the bustling center of South Beach. It offers breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean, Biscayne Bay and downtown Miami.
Best Tours To Take In Miami, Florida
- Experience the best of Miami on an afternoon city tour – boat ride and Skyview Wheel, including a relaxing cruise and a ride on the Skyview Observation Wheel. Explore Little Havana, the Art Deco District, Miami Beach, and more.
- Jet ski off Miami’s famous South Beach on a South Beach Jet Ski Rental & Pontoon Ride. Enjoy a pontoon boat ride, look out for ocean wildlife, and admire the city’s skyline as you go.
- Enjoy a fun 60-minute Jet Ski Rental at Biscayne Bay. Speed past iconic sights such as Star Island and Millionaire’s Row.
Best Destinations To Visit In January In The USA Wrap Up
There you have it, our top 10 destinations to visit in January in the USA.
Was your favorite included in the list? Let us know your picks for the best January getaway destinations!
We hope that this article has inspired you to go on a January winter getaway! If you have questions about the destination or tips to share with our readers please leave these in the comments below.
Want to share your travel tips by guest writing for We Are Travel Girls? Visit our Contribute page for guidelines and to submit your article.
Read More Winter Guides
- Top 12 Winter Girls Getaway Destinations in The USA
- 15 Best California Girls Getaway Destinations
- Top 10 Winter Girls Getaways Destinations In Europe
Pin For Later
This website is a free resource we may use affiliate links in our articles. As an Airbnb Associate, I may earn a fee when you book from this page. Please see our Disclosures for more information.