New York City is one of the most famed cities in the world, and offers anything and everything you can imagine. Ideally situated on the East Coast of the United States, there are many things to do and see in NYC, no matter the season.
New York City has top museums, world-class dining, excellent bars, great shopping, and an array of tours and activities, making it the perfect place to have a bachelorette party.
Here’s our ultimate New York bachelorette party guide with the best activities, brunch spots, picturesque locations, hidden gems and more!
Top Things To Do On A New York Bachelorette Party
It’s hard to come up with a complete list of things to do in New York for a bachelorette weekend, with so many things to see and do in the city.
However, here is a list of recommendations that visitors must consider while exploring New York on a bachelorette party weekend.
1) Visit One Of The City’s Famous Museums
New York City has some of the best museums and exhibitions in the world. Suppose your bachelorette group loves to explore and spend time visiting museums and learning about history and culture. In that case, these museums are a must-visit – The Met, MoMA, The American Museum of Natural History, and the Morgan Library & Museum.
2) Take In A View Of The City
The city is a marvel from every direction, but to get the full scale of the city, it’s best seen from above. There are two places where you can view stunning 360-degree panoramic views of New York City: the 86th floor of the Empire State Building or the Top of The Rock at the Rockefeller Center.
3) Spend Sometime In Central Park
Central Park is one of the world’s most famous parks. The 840-acre park is located in the middle of the city and is a great place to walk around in nature. The park is home to numerous bodies of water and often plays host to various outdoor activities, such as yoga or running.
4) Take A Ferry To The Statue Of Liberty
Surrounded by water, New York City has an extensive ferry network, with ferries to the Statue of Liberty and around the harbor. This is a must-visit with your bachelorette party girls, with numerous boats and ferries offering tours on the water.
5) Walk Around Times Square
No trip to New York City is complete without a walk around Times Square, stopping to take it all in.
6) Walk Across The Brooklyn Bridge
Spend some time walking across Brooklyn Bridge in the morning or evening to take in the city’s sights and maybe even catch a sunset.
7) Explore Washington Square Park
Visit Washington Square Park, a 10-acre space with musicians and performers, while exploring the vibrant neighborhood.
8) Explore the New York Botanical Gardens
Explore the New York Botanical Gardens with hikes, greenhouses, lush fields and flower gardens. These gardens are a great place to escape the city and discover what they are doing to help protect flora and fauna.
The New York Botanical Garden is a museum, educational institution, plant research and conservation organization.
9) Find An Event
Something is always happening in New York City, from Oktoberfest celebrations to Halloween, Thanksgiving Parades and festivals.
10) Pay Your Respects At The 9/11 Memorial And Museum
Spend time paying your respects at the 9/11 Memorial and Museum. The 9/11 Memorial Museum is in New York City’s World Trade Center. It presents a powerful narrative of 9/11 through a collection of authentic artifacts, media, and personal stories of loss, recovery, and hope. Visitors can witness firsthand the tragedy’s impact on the museum’s exhibits.
Best Tours In New York For A Bachelorette Party
New York offers a variety of enjoyable tours for exploring the area, taking to the water and visiting natural wonders. For a bachelorette party, here are ten great options:
- Experience breathtaking views of Manhattan Island on a helicopter sightseeing tour. There are specially designed helicopters offering 180-degree views of the city’s iconic landmarks.
- Visit the American Museum of Natural History, the world’s most interactive natural history museum.
- Savor a sunset cocktail on a New York City happy hour cruise. Take in the breathtaking views of the skyline, Statue of Liberty and One World Trade Center while enjoying live music.
- Go to Broadway’s Minskoff Theater to witness a breathtaking performance of The Lion King, the winner of six Tony awards.
- Prepare to leave your comfort zone with the highest open-air building ascent in the world on an outdoor platform in NYC with a ticket to the Skyscraper Experience.
- Discover the diverse and multicultural city that changes from one borough to the next by going beyond Manhattan. Join a 5-hour guided tour to explore four out of five boroughs and see the best of Manhattan, the Bronx, Queens and Brooklyn.
- Discover the best of Manhattan’s nightlife with a local insider. Visit historic bars, chic cocktail lounges and a rooftop for a fun and authentic night out in NYC.
- Enjoy a guided walking tour of Midtown Manhattan and a sightseeing cruise on the Hudson River.
- Experience a guided food tour of Chinatown and Little Italy in New York City, exploring these vibrant neighborhoods’ unique history, flavors and culture.
- Explore the heart of Manhattan’s Greenwich Village, home to pop culture landmarks such as the Friends Building, Stonewall Inn and Washington Square Park on a two-hour tour.
Best Hotels In New York For A Bachelorette Party
New York City is known for having new hotels open up frequently, making it challenging to keep up with all of them. With a wide range of options available in terms of style, budget, and location, finding the perfect hotel for your trip can be a daunting task.
However, we have researched for you and narrowed down the options so that you can easily choose the best hotel for your stay.
Here are the top ten New York hotels perfect for bachelorette celebrations!
- The Muse New York – The eco-certified hotel located on 46th Street, just a 3-minute walk from Times Square and Broadway and a 15-minute walk from Central Park.
- The Chatwal, in the Unbound Collection – This hotel offers guests superb facilities, including an indoor swimming pool, full breakfast, airport shuttle and bike rentals.
- Mandarin Oriental New York – A 5-star luxury hotel just a two-minute walk from Central Park. The hotel has 244 rooms with Hudson River views, Central Park views and two-bedroom rooms which can sleep up to seven people.
- Hotel Beacon – Located just a few minutes walk from popular restaurants and bars, this hotel is a great place to stay within walking distance of the city’s main attractions.
- Hotel Belleclaire Central Park – This 4-star hotel is located on Broadway close to a metro station and within walkable distance of top attractions. The hotel has 254 rooms with premium comforts and thoughtful touches throughout.
- The Surrey – This art deco boutique hotel has a rooftop terrace and garden, an onsite spa and a restaurant. The Surrey hotel has 189 rooms with premium bedding and pillow menus.
- Hôtel Plaza Athénée – This hotel offers a variety of rooms, including deluxe rooms, king rooms, twin rooms and one-bedroom suites, sleeping up to five people.
- The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York – A luxury hotel located on 61st Street, close to Central Park, Broadway and Times Square. This hotel features rooms with two bedrooms, suites and executive suites with a mixture of park and city views.
- 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge – This five-star hotel offers guests a luxury escape from the city. The hotel has a poolside bar, swimming pool, rooftop bar, coffee shop and an onsite cafe.
- Arlo Williamsburg Hotel – Located in Brooklyn, this hotel is close to Grand Central Terminal with easy access to the city. The hotel also has a poolside bar, nightclub, terrace and outdoor swimming pool.
You can also check out our guide to the best Airbnbs and vacation rentals in New York.
Best Restaurants In New York For A Bachelorette Party
With so many excellent restaurants in New York, it can be hard to choose where to dine, with an array of restaurants from authentic Mexican to American and European influences. Choosing from the city’s plethora of delicious food options can be overwhelming when you’re short on time. Enjoy exploring the culinary scene!
Here are our suggestions for ten of the best restaurants in New York for bachelorette parties.
- Le Coucou – The New York Times named this the number one new restaurant opening in New York for 2016 and one bite into the delicious French fare will confirm they are right.
- Gemma – The Bowery Hotel restaurant is an excellent East Village mainstay, where celebs and locals go for Italian eats. Reservations are only accepted for guests of the hotel.
- Clocktower – Three beautiful, distinct dining rooms, a pool room and a separate gold bar make this an easy place to spend an evening dining on a meal from an acclaimed British Michelin-starred chef.
- Crown Shy – An excellent option for a special occasion, such as a bachelorette party or unexpected elegance, Crown Shy is a fantastic introduction to NYC’s upscale dining scene.
- Le District – Head here for all things French at Brookfield Place, where you can sit down at culinary-specific stations for what you most crave between trips to Paris.
- Locanda Verde – The always hot Tribeca restaurant owned by Robert DeNiro and attached to the Greenwich Hotel is always a good idea!
- Gramercy Tavern – This classic restaurant in New York City is ideal for special occasions or a casual dining experience. It’s the perfect place to celebrate a bachelorette weekend or to take refuge from unexpected rain.
- Sugarfish – The omakase-style service and cuisine are based on Chef Nozawa’s 50 years of experience and training with master chefs in Tokyo.
- Motorino – Everyone has their favorite pizza place; this is a local’s favorite pizza stop, ideal for a pizza with your girls.
- Balthazar – Located in SoHo, this upscale restaurant is adored by trendy travelers, locals and celebrities alike.
Best Bars In New York For A Bachelorette Party
New York has gained a reputation for having a wide range of excellent bars to quench your thirst. Whether you’re looking for a sophisticated cocktail lounge or a lively local dive, there’s something to suit everyone in New York.
From our local experience, here are ten of the best bars in New York for bachelorette parties.
- Dante – This bar was named the Number 1, 50 Best Bar in 2019 and won the title of the World’s Best Bar in 2019. This historic bar was founded in 1915 and is now recognized as a registered New York City landmark. It has always been a popular spot for people from different backgrounds, including famous actors, writers, musicians, and beatniks seeking a chill and unpretentious atmosphere.
- Baby’s All Right – In this 5,000-square-foot bar and performance venue in South Williamsburg, you can enjoy a free-flowing selection of drinks while independent bands, drag shows, and other acts grace the stage. The bar offers a variety of beverages, such as Espresso Martinis, Rye Manhattans, Miller High Lifes, and a specialty boozy slushy.
- Double Chicken Please – Double Chicken Please, located in the Lower East Side of Manhattan, has been named North America’s best bar in 2023. It is a unique space that features two different concepts. The front bar, which is only accessible by walk-in, is designed to resemble the early 20th-century soda shops in the neighborhood. Here, you can enjoy draft cocktails, known as “taptails,” along with the bar’s famous fried chicken sandwiches.
- 67 Orange Street – For a few years now, 67 Orange has been Harlem’s go-to destination for cocktails. The cozy space boasts a small room downstairs, perfect for a group of friends. More importantly, their extensive drinks list features expertly crafted cocktails that delight you.
- Threes Brewing – Threes Brewing in Gowanus is a New York City taproom with something for everyone. It boasts booths, a great backyard, a large bar, and an impressive selection of beers that will satisfy beer enthusiasts and those who want a refreshing drink on a hot summer day.
- Sugar Monk – This bar in Harlem features over 20 original cocktails, each named after a work of art, event, or piece of music, as well as a unique line of botanical highballs, low-alcohol cocktails and seasonal drinks.
- Death and Co -This bar has been a significant contributor to the craft cocktail revival and is widely recognized as an icon in the industry. It was awarded the title of having the “world’s best cocktail menu” in 2010. The menu offers a wide range of drinks, including unique combinations such as macadamia nut, chocolate black tea, red miso and eucalyptus.
- Overstory – The Overstory is an upscale bar on the 64th floor of 70 Pine Street. It is a sibling to Saga and boasts one of the most stunning views of any bar in the city. The bar offers a wide range of cocktails, including a unique take on the classic Old-Fashioned vermouth cocktails and an excellent alcohol-free collection.
- Sunken Harbor Club – In 2021, the Sunken Harbor Club, a tiki-themed bar on the upper floor of Gage & Tollner, opened its doors to the public. St. John Frizell, the owner of Fort Defiance, manages the bar. The decor is inspired by nautical elements, complemented by the drinks menu featuring floral punch bowls and other tropical cocktails.
- Please Don’t Tell – Easily one of the most incredible themed bars in NYC right now, this secret, prohibition-era speakeasy has sleek leather seats and sophisticated animal heads adorning the walls.
How To Get To New York
One of the things that makes New York an ideal destination for bachelorette parties is that it is easily accessible by direct flight from around the United States and further afield.
New York City has three airports – John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) and LaGuardia Airport (LGA), which all have daily flights to both international and domestic destinations.
JFK or Newark are the most accessible airports to get to from the city with public transport options. Alternatively, you can pick up an Uber at the airport, take a taxi, or book a transfer.
Best Time Of Year To Have A New York Bachelorette Party?
New York is a great city to visit for a bachelorette party year-round. There isn’t a wrong time to visit New York, but if you don’t like cold weather, avoid visiting between November and April.
It can get quite cold in April and even through May. The months from June to September are generally safe regarding good warm weather and are often relatively more than around significant events of public holidays.
New York Bachelorette Party Ultimate Guide Wrap Up
I hope you’ve found this New York bachelorette party guide helpful. If you have questions about New York or tips for our readers, please comment below!
And suppose you’re interested in visiting other areas in this beautiful state. You can check out all our New York articles for inspiration or our US bachelorette party guide for other party destination ideas.
We hope that this article has inspired you to visit New York for a bachelorette party. If you have questions or advice to share with our readers, please leave these in the comments below.
Want to write for We Are Travel Girls? Visit our Contribute Page to submit your article.
Read More About US Bachelorette Guide
- The Ultimate Joshua Tree Bachelorette Party Guide
- The Ultimate Napa Valley Bachelorette Party Guide
- The Best Fall Girls Getaways In The USA
- The 12 Best Summer Girls Getaways In The USA
- Girl Getaway Guide to Moab, Utah
Pin For Later
This article may contain affiliate links, if you purchase something using one of our links we may receive a commission. Please see our Disclosures for more information.