We collect limited personal information about who you are and where you are, as well as technical data about how you are accessing this site. This personal information can be deleted or edited by you at anytime, except for anonymized information that is impossible for us to delete. We work hard to keep your information private, however, because the Internet can never be completely secure, you give us your info at your own risk. When you put your private information on the Internet, it can be collected and used for others, and we are not responsible for keeping that information private or secure. If we have a security breach, we will email you within 72 hours of identification of a breach.
We Are Travel Girls abides by GDPR regulations, so if you wish to have your information (e.g. comments or email address removed) and you’re an EU resident, please get in touch with us. We are happy to remove your information. We do not resell or share your contact information with third parties. Once you opt out of the mailing list, you are permanently removed.
Here’s how this site collects and uses data:
- Mailing list and sending newsletters. We use Flodesk to collect email addresses through the signup forms on this site, and if you submit your email address on this site, it will be added to our list to send you emails from time to time. We do not sell or share your email addresses or any personal information about you. You may unsubscribe or edit your profile (link in any email, or contact us) anytime.
- Form submissions. We use Gravity Forms to collect information from interested users for Article Contributions, Photo Submissions, Internship Applications, Travel Girls Getaways, and Collaboration Inquiries. We do not sell or share your email addresses or any personal information about you. You may request to have your information removed from Gravity Forms database at any time by contacting us.
- Downloads. On a few pages, I may offer free downloads of PDFs or products. We only collect email addresses, and they are sent to Mailchimp for the purposes of adding you to my email newsletter.
- Affiliate Links. We may use affiliate links to earn a commission if you follow a link and pay for a service as outlined on our Disclosures page. A disclosure appears at the top of pages that contain affiliate links.
- Advertising. We Are Travel Girls is an exclusive member of the Mediavine Advertising Network. Cookie data may be share with Mediavine to provide relevant advertisements displayed to you while using our website.
- Analytics. We use Google Analytics through Google Tag Manager to understand the usage of this website. This data is anonymized and I cannot access or use this information in any personally-identifiable way.
We use a few services to manage this site and its services:
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.
If you get to this site through another site or click to another site from this site, they might collect your personal info. We are not responsible for those privacy policies.
This policy was last updated on May 22, 2022
If you have questions, you can contact us:
We Are Travel Girls, LLC
Attn: Vanessa Rivers