We collect limited personal information about who you are and where you are, as well as technical data about how you are accessing this site. This personal information can be deleted or edited by you at anytime, except for anonymized information that is impossible for us to delete. We work hard to keep your information private, however, because the Internet can never be completely secure, you give us your info at your own risk. When you put your private information on the Internet, it can be collected and used for others, and we are not responsible for keeping that information private or secure. If we have a security breach, we will email you within 72 hours of identification of a breach.
We Are Travel Girls abides by GDPR regulations, so if you wish to have your information (e.g. comments or email address removed) and you’re an EU resident, please get in touch with us. We are happy to remove your information. We do not resell or share your contact information with third parties. Once you opt out of the mailing list, you are permanently removed.
Here’s how this site collects and uses data:
- Mailing list and sending newsletters. We use Mailchimp to collect email addresses through the signup forms on this site, and if you submit your email address on this site, it will be added to our list to send you emails from time to time. We do not sell or share your email addresses or any personal information about you. You may unsubscribe or edit your profile (link in any email, or contact us) anytime.
- Form submissions. We use Gravity Forms to collect information from interested users for Article Contributions, Photo Submissions, Internship Applications, Travel Girls Getaways, and Collaboration Inquiries. We do not sell or share your email addresses or any personal information about you. You may request to have your information removed from Gravity Forms database at any time by contacting us.
- Downloads. On a few pages, I may offer free downloads of PDFs or products. We only collect email addresses, and they are sent to Mailchimp for the purposes of adding you to my email newsletter.
- Affiliate Links. We may use affiliate links to earn a commission if you follow a link and pay for a service as outlined on our Disclosures page. Affiliate link partners include Booking.com, Amazon.com, WorldNomads.com, AirBnB.com, and Agoda.com.
- Advertising. We Are Travel Girls is an exclusive member of the Mediavine Advertising Network. Cookie data may be share with Mediavine to provide relevant advertisements displayed to you while using our website.
- Analytics. We use Google Analytics through Google Tag Manager to understand the usage of this website. This data is anonymized and I cannot access or use this information in any personally-identifiable way.
We use a few services to manage this site and its services:
If you get to this site through another site or click to another site from this site, they might collect your personal info. We are not responsible for those privacy policies.
This policy was last updated May 1, 2018.
If you have questions, you can contact us:
contact [at] wearetravelgirls.com
We Are Travel Girls, Ltd.
Attn: Becky van Dijk
30 Market Place, London, UK W1W8AP