Chicago is a bustling mid-western city located on Lake Michigan in Illinois. With a population of almost 9 million, Chicago is the third-largest US city but maintains the small city feel.
There is so much to do and see in Chicago.”The Windy City,” as Chicago is sometimes called, is an excellent place for a bachelorette party, with the world-famous Millennium Park and the Bean, museums, shopping on the Magnificent Mile, great bars and restaurants, water sorts on Lake Michigan, and of course – beautiful views.
If you’re looking to plan an incredible bachelorette weekend in the Midwest, look no further. Chicago should be on the top of your list of places to have your bachelorette party weekend – or weeklong trip if you are looking for a fun-filled city getaway.
Here’s our ultimate Chicago bachelorette party guide with the best activities, brunch spots, picturesque locations, hidden gems and more!
Top Things To Do On A Chicago Bachelorette Party
Narrowing down the list of top ten things to do in Chicago is challenging. The Windy City offers an array of fantastic sightseeing options, neighborhoods to explore, museums to visit and other “must-do” activities that would take weeks to discover. However, here is a list of recommendations that visitors must consider while exploring the city on a bachelorette party weekend.
1) Try Chicago’s Famous Deep-Dish Pizza
No trip to the Windy City is complete without visiting Lou Malnati’s, Giordano’s, or Gino’s East. To determine who makes the best deep-dish pizza in Chicago, it’s best to try all three and decide for yourself.
However, there will likely be a wait at any of these famous Chicago institutions, so going at an “off” time, such as around 3-4pm is recommended. Alternatively, you can put your name down and grab a drink at a nearby bar. If you are not keen on trying the deep dish, you can also opt for thin-crust pizza. The best thin-crust pizza in the city can be found at Lou Malnati’s.
2) Explore The World Of Plants At The Chicago Botanic Garden
The Chicago Botanic Garden is a 385-acre living plant museum on nine islands within the Cook County Forest Preserves. The Garden’s living collections showcase over 2.8 million plants that thrive in Chicago, adapted to Midwest climate and soils.
3) Take An Architecture Boat Tour Along The Chicago River
Everyone loves the infamous Chicago architecture boat tour, and for good reason. The buildings you will see are beautiful, and you will learn all about the exciting history of Chicago!
4) Soak In The City Views, Either From The Hancock Tower Or The Willis Tower
You can get to the top of the Willis Tower, but if you want to step out onto the Sky Deck (a glass enclosure 1,350+ feet in the air), you will have to get a ticket.
If you want to enjoy stunning views without waiting in long lines, you can reserve a table at the Signature Room on the 95th floor of the Hancock Tower. The views are similar to those from the Observation Deck, but you won’t need a ticket. Remember that each person in your party will be required to order at least one menu item, which is usually less expensive than the cost of the Observation Deck ticket. This way, you can avoid the wait and still enjoy the breathtaking views of the city.
5) Enjoy An Entertaining Night Out At Second City In Old Town With An Improv Or Sketch Comedy Show
This is a must-visit spot in Chicago where Steve Carell, Tina Fey, and many other notable comedians began their careers. Be sure to book your tickets in advance.
6) Take A Walk Along Lake Michigan
Starting at Navy Pier, which you can visit and even ride the Ferris wheel if you like, head south along the lakefront. On your right, you’ll see Grant Park and the magnificent Lake Michigan on your left.
As you continue your journey, you’ll see several museums, including The Art Institute of Chicago, The Shedd Aquarium, The Field Museum, and The Adler Planetarium. Feel free to stop by any museum that interests you.
7) Visit Millennium Park And Take Photos In Front Of Cloud Gate (Also Known As The Bean)
You can walk from Maggie Daley Park to the North Rose Garden and then continue through Grant Park. While you are in the area, head over to Cindy’s Rooftop Bar in the Chicago Athletic Association around sunset and enjoy the views.
8) Go To The Beach In Downtown Chicago
Relax on Oak Street or North Avenue Beach with towels and sunblock. At Oak Street Beach, you can rent beach chairs and enjoy food and drinks at Oak Street Beach Cafe. There are also bike rentals and volleyball rentals available. North Avenue Beach offers similar amenities, including yoga, watersport rentals, kayak rentals, luxury beach chairs, and beach umbrellas.
9) Do Some Shopping Along The Magnificent Mile
North Michigan Avenue offers various shopping options, from luxury brands like Neiman Marcus and Cartier to popular retailers like Zara, Nike, and Sephora.
If you need a sweet treat while shopping, visit Do-Rite Donuts. Head north to the river for lunch to find Purple Pig, an excellent tapas restaurant. While you’re in the area, take a stroll through the charming side streets situated between North Michigan Avenue and Rush Street.
10) Kayak Along The Chicago River
When the weather is favorable, kayaking along the river provides an excellent opportunity to see the city. Alternatively, taking the water taxi to Chinatown offers the same stunning views.
Best Tours In Chicago For A Bachelorette Party
Chicago offers a variety of enjoyable tours for exploring the area, taking to the water and visiting natural wonders. For a bachelorette party, here are five great options:
- Enjoy a 1.5-hour architecture cruise with a comprehensive tour with a live, fun guide as you navigate through the city’s heart, covering all three branches of the Chicago River.
- Visit the Chicago Observation Deck with a skip-the-ticket purchase desk to enjoy the best panoramic views of Chicago, 94 stories above the Windy City.
- Spend the morning or afternoon exploring the city with your girls on a hop-on hop-off bus tour, allowing you to stop at different attractions in the city or enjoy drinks at different bars.
- If you and your girls enjoy visiting museums, the Field Museum of Natural History or the Art Institute of Chicago.
- Experience Chicago’s stunning skyline from Lake Michigan on a luxurious sightseeing cruise, complete with a delectable meal and live DJ entertainment on a dinner, brunch, or lunch boat tour.
Best Hotels In Chicago For A Bachelorette Party
Chicago has many exceptional hotels, ideal for bachelorette party groups. These hotels offer impressive amenities like rooftop pools, aesthetically pleasing bedrooms, and unlimited brunches.
Here are the top ten hotels in Chicago that are perfect for bachelorette celebrations!
- Langham Hotel – This 5-star hotel has 316 individually furnished rooms, including suites with four guests and club view rooms. Some rooms also have river and city views.
- Westin Chicago River North – Located close to the Chicago Riverwalk and Michigan Avenue, this hotel is an excellent base for a bachelorette getaway. The hotel has an onsite restaurant and bar, with easy access to other great bars and restaurants in the city.
- Gwen Hotel – This hotel has 311 rooms, including suites, deluxe rooms and grand rooms, sleeping between two and five people, making it great for a bachelorette party.
- The St Regis Chicago – Located in downtown Chicago and within walking distance of Millennium Park and Michigan Avenue, this hotel offers a luxury place to stay in the city’s heart.
- The Peninsula Chicago – Located in Downtown Chicago, this hotel is within walking distance of bars and restaurants and popular tourist attractions like the Millennium Park and Chicago Riverwalk.
- Chicago Athletic Association Hotel – This hotel is just two minutes from Millennium Park, with many rooms overlooking the park. The 4.5-star hotel has a rooftop terrace, a coffee shop and two onsite restaurants.
- LondonHouse Chicago – This 4.5-star hotel has two bars, a terrace, two onsite restaurants and a spa. The 452 rooms have premium bedding and all the amenities needed for a great stay.
- Eurostars Magnificent Mile – This hotel has a highly polished feel, with pure Egyptian cotton sheets; where would be ideal to rest your head?
- Virgin Hotels Chicago – Complete with two restaurants and a nightclub, could anything be more perfect for a bachelorette weekend away?
- JW Marriott Chicago – This luxury Downtown hotel has rooms sleeping between two and five people in suites and city-view rooms. The hotel has an onsite spa to relax with your girls and an onsite Italian restaurant.
You can also check out our guide to the best Airbnbs and vacation rentals in Chicago.
Best Restaurants In Chicago For A Bachelorette Party
With so many excellent restaurants in Chicago, it can be hard to choose where to dine, with an array of restaurants from authentic Mexican to American and European influences. It can be overwhelming to choose from the city’s plethora of delicious food options when you’re short on time. Enjoy exploring the culinary scene!
Here are our suggestions for ten of the best restaurants in Chicago for bachelorette parties.
- Monteverde – Dinner at Monteverde is perfect for any occasion with its beautiful setting and exceptional cuisine, perfect for a memorable bachelorette meal.
- Big Star Taco – Enjoy tacos, margaritas, and people-watching.
- Bavette’s – This steakhouse is one of the best in Chicago. If you want to avoid long waiting times, you can sit in the bar lounge. However, the wait is worth it for the delicious food. The steaks are all outstanding, as is the burger, and you can’t go wrong with any of the side dishes.
- Ema – With an incredible menu, this restaurant is a favorite of locals and tourists alike. Ēma is a Mediterranean restaurant in Chicago’s River North area featuring Chef CJ Jacobson’s lighter, California-style cuisine. The menu is centered around mezze, dips, and spreads – small plates meant for sharing.
- Au Cheval – The best burger in the world is the double cheeseburger with bacon and a fried egg at Au Cheval, a must-try in any Chicago city guide. Put your name down for a table and grab a cocktail at Girl and the Goat while waiting your turn.
- Aba – This restaurant is a favorite with meat lovers, vegans and vegetarians and offers hot and cold mezze dishes, flame-charred kebabs, and Tamarind-Braised Short Rib.
- Spacca Napoli – If deep-dish pizza isn’t your style, head to Spacca Napoli for your pizza fix with your girls. This restaurant offers Neapolitan-style pizza using high-quality ingredients.
- Honey Butter Fried Chicken – This restaurant is artsy and industrial; the menu is displayed on a blackboard and it is a great place to eat fried chicken and the OG sandwich is a must-try.
- Mi Tocaya – This vibrant and art-filled Mexican spot offers flavourful Mexican dishes, with a sharing menu and tacos.
- Eden – Inspired by European cafes and the California coast, this restaurant has a unique style. The ingredients are fresh, with many herbs and greens being picked daily from the onsite greenhouse. If you are looking for a great brunch spot, look no further.
Best Bars In Chicago For A Bachelorette Party
Chicago has gained a reputation for having a wide range of excellent bars to quench your thirst. Whether you’re looking for a sophisticated cocktail lounge or a lively local dive, there’s something to suit everyone in Chicago.
From our local experience, here are ten of the best bars in Chicago for bachelorette parties.
- The Violet Hour – With its chic atmosphere, delicious craft cocktails, and great music, this speakeasy is a favorite in the city for good vibes. The entrance to the establishment is a door that blends into a large mural.
- LondonHouse Chicago – This hotel bar offers stunning panoramic views. The lively nightlife below adds to the ambiance.
- City Winery Chicago – This outdoor bar is on the Chicago Riverwalk. Spending a whole afternoon watching the boats, people, and dogs go by while enjoying a cold beer or cocktail is easy.
- MoneyGun – This bar has an old-school Chicago vibe and feels like a speakeasy. The bartenders here are consistently excellent, and the cocktails are exceptional. You can simply tell the bartender what type of liquor you prefer and the general taste you want in your cocktail, and they will surprise you with a delicious drink and they will surprise you with a delicious drink.
- Kumiko – The bar serves drinks that reflect Momose’s Japanese heritage, such as rice vodka, green tea shochu, and plum sake.
- The Beer Temple – This bar is a must-visit if you and your girls enjoy drinking craft beer. The Beer Temple is a haven for craft beer enthusiasts. It features a spacious taproom where patrons can enjoy a drink and a bottle shop stocked with various unique brews.
- Delilah’s – A visit to Mike Miller’s establishment is necessary for anyone looking to experience the best bars in Chicago. The place is renowned for its vast collection of whiskey and beer, with over 800 options on the whiskey list alone. Besides the drinks, patrons can also enjoy nightly DJ sets, making it a perfect spot for a night out in the city.
- The Aviary – At the Aviary, cocktails are given the same innovative treatment as the food served next door. Each drink is like a mini science experiment that defies gravity and blows the mind.
- Soif – Transport yourself to Paris at Soif, a 24-seat speakeasy-inspired wine bar in Logan Square’s basement. The menu is filled with unique French-inspired cocktails and an extensive wine list.
- Mother’s Run Chicago – This bar offers signature spiked slushies and craft cocktails. With a rotating menu, the bar is open from 11am daily for daytime cocktails or brunch.
How To Get To Chicago
One of the things that makes Chicago an ideal destination for bachelorette parties is that it is easily accessible by direct flight from several cities around the United States.
The closest airport to Chicago is Chicago International Airport (ORD), which has daily international flights worldwide. Chicago Airport offers direct and inexpensive flights to locations around the United States and beyond.
The airport is located just an hour’s drive outside the city. You can pick up an Uber at the airport, take a taxi, or rent a car.
Best Time Of Year To Have A Chicago Bachelorette Party?
Chicago is a great city to visit for a bachelorette party year-round. There isn’t a wrong time to visit Chicago, but if you don’t like cold weather, avoid visiting between November and April.
It can get quite cold in April and even through May. The months from June to September are generally safe in terms of good warm weather. Pack for all seasons as you might experience winter, spring, summer and fall all in one trip.
Chicago Bachelorette Party Ultimate Guide Wrap Up
I hope you’ve found this Chicago bachelorette party guide helpful. If you have questions about Chicago or tips for our readers, please comment below!
And if you’re interested in visiting other areas in this beautiful state, you can check out all our Chicago articles for inspiration or our US bachelorette party guide for other party destination ideas.
We hope that this article has inspired you to visit Chicago for a bachelorette party. If you have questions or advice to share with our readers, please leave these in the comments below.
Want to write for We Are Travel Girls? Visit our Contribute Page to submit your article.
Read More About US Bachelorette Guide
- The Ultimate Joshua Tree Bachelorette Party Guide
- The Ultimate Napa Valley Bachelorette Party Guide
- The Best Fall Girls Getaways In The USA
- The 12 Best Summer Girls Getaways In The USA
- Girl Getaway Guide to Moab, Utah
Pin For Later
This article may contain affiliate links, if you purchase something using one of our links we may receive a commission. Please see our Disclosures for more information.