Palm Springs is an upscale city in the desert in Southern California that feels like you’re stepping back in time. Palm Springs is just a one-hour, forty-five-minute drive from Los Angeles, making it an ideal destination for a bachelorette party weekend!
It is known for its upscale hotels, modern architecture, unique dining, vintage boutiques, golf courses, spas, and hot springs. The surrounding Coachella Valley and Joshua Tree National Park also offer excellent hiking, biking and horseback riding trails for you and your girls.
If you’re looking to plan an incredible bachelorette party in the US, look no further, Palm Springs should be at the top of your shortlist of places to have your bachelorette party whether you’re looking to relax poolside, unwind at a spa, get outdoors, shop, or dine, Palm Springs has something for everyone.
In this article we share the best bachelorette activities, places to brunch, picturesque spots and hidden gems for your weekend getaway.
Things To Do On A Palm Springs Bachelorette Party
It is hard to narrow it down to a top 10 things to do for a bachelorette – but we tried! Here are some of the best things to do in Palm Springs with your girl gang!
1) Take Instagram Worthy Photos
Palm Springs is a colored oasis, where the architecture, desert landscape and bright colors take you back to the 1960s (when the area was at its peak of popularity), making it the perfect destination to snap drool-worthy Instagram photos.
Make stops at the Palm Springs sign, The Saguaro Palm Springs hotel, Moorten Botanical Garden, El Paseo Drive, Sunnylands Center & Gardens, Indian Canyons Neighborhood and Parker Palm Springs. Read our Instagram Guide to Palm Springs for all the best locations to visit.
2) Spend An Evening At Palm Springs Village Fest
Every Thursday, Palm Springs Village Fest holds a street fair from 6pm-10pm in downtown Palm Springs featuring arts, crafts, food and entertainment.
3) Hike And Stargaze In Joshua Tree National Park
Joshua Tree National Park is a protected desert wilderness just 40 miles from Palm Springs and is known for excellent hiking and stargazing.
If you are in a small group it is easy to take your car and drive to the National Park, but for a larger group booking a tour such as this driving tour of Joshua Tree National Park where an expert guide bring the area’s flora, fauna, geology and settlement history to life.
4) Experience Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival
If you’re going to be visiting with your girls in April, check out the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival. Coachella is an annual festival just south of Palm Springs at the Empire Polo Club in Indio, California.
5) Explore Palm Springs By Bike
A unique way to see Palm Springs is by bike. Make sure you go on your bike early in the morning or early in the evening and save this activity for late fall, winter or spring because, in June, July, August, and September, the temperatures in Palm Springs hit highs in the 100s Fahrenheit!
Most hotels have bikes available for free or to rent, one of our favorite hotels Les Cactus has cute pink bikes that your group can pedal around the city on.
6) Hit A Pool Party
There is probably no better way to spend a Bachelorette weekend in Palm Springs than at a pool party. The Saguaro Palm Springs hotel is a popular spot for groups to spend an afternoon pollside with cocktails in hand.
7) Ride The Palm Springs Aerial Tramway
The Palm Springs Aerial Tramway is a great half-day trip out, with incredible views over the Chino Canyon. Once you reach the top, there are two restaurants, observation decks and over 50 miles of hiking trails.
8) Head To Brunch
No bachelorette weekend is complete without a booze brunch. Whether your preference is bottomless mimosa’s or bloody mary’s, there’s a brunch spot in Palm Springs ideal for your group – keep reading for all our brunch recommendations later in this post.
9) Go On A Morning Or Afternoon Hike
Spend the morning or afternoon hiking with your girls. Take in some fresh air and enjoy the incredible views. The Tahquitz Canyon is a great place to hike, with a two-mile loop leading to a 50ft waterfall.
10) Visit Moorten Botanical Garden
Moorten Botanical Garden is a popular Palm Springs photo spot, but it’s also a great place to unwind and wander through the gardens with your girlfriends.
Entry is just $5 making it one of the more affordable bachelorette activities in Palm Springs!
Best Tours In Palm Springs For A Bachelorette Party
There are plenty of fun tours in Palm Springs. Here are four that are great for a bachelorette party!
- For something a little different, take a Jeep tour to the San Andreas Fault Line to learn more about the area, the Cahuilla Indians and the Californian desert.
- Explore the Indian Canyons of Palm Springs on a one-mile guided hiking and four-wheel driving tour to explore the Andreas Canyon, Rincon Village and purchase handmade crafts at an Indian Trading Post.
- Take a day trip outside of the city with a driving tour of Joshua Tree National Park, where you explore the national park, learn about the area and see the world-famous rock formations and vegetation.
- For the adventurous bachelorette parties or just for a different way to spend a morning or afternoon in the eastern Coachella Valley, take a 20-mile cycling tour through the Andreas Fault Line zone, Box Canyon and the Salton Sea.
- Tour Palm Springs with Sunny Cycle. Grab your girls and ride around Palm Springs on a luxury electric limousine cycle. This stretch bike is equipped with a flat screen tv, speaker system, USB port phone chargers, misters to cool you off and electric motor assistance for when you can’t cycle any longer
Best Hotels In Palm Springs For A Bachelorette Party
Palm Springs has an array of chic hotels and resorts spread across many neighborhoods. Here are 10 of the best hotels in Palm Springs for a bachelorette party!
- Les Cactus (pictured) – This super cute hotel is as Palm Springs as it gets, with pink washed walls, retro pool umbrellas and clean rooms this is our favorite place to stay in Palm Springs. It also suits a girls groups as all the rooms are facing into the pool and lounging areas.
- L’Horizon Resort & Spa – Adults Only, luxury resort, all guests must be 21 and over. The hotel has bungalows, suites and a Residence to choose from in addition to extra VIP packages.
- Ace Hotel & Swim Club – This hotel has retro vibes perfectly aligned with a younger crowd while being affordable and in the city center. The hotel has a mixture of deluxe rooms, suites and standard rooms.
- Avalon Hotel & Bungalows – With 67 eclectic Spanish-style lodgings, romantic studios and 13 private villas, this hotel is the perfect place to stay for a bachelorette party. The hotel also has three swimming pools, a spa and a fresh Californian restaurant Chi Chi Palm Springs.
- Ingleside Inn – This retreat began as an invitation-only estate for Hollywood’s Golden Age, but now the hotel consists of 30 garden rooms and suites. The retreat also has a boutique spa, a lounge and a swimming pool with a deck area, all close to downtown.
- The Saguaro Palm Springs – This budget-friendly, retro-style hotel is filled with bright colors in the city center. The rooms are complete with luxe furnishings, hardwood floors and a freestanding soaking tub.
- The Colony Palms – Sister property to L’Horizon, these 57 fully renovated guest rooms are spread over a three-acre area, complete with The Colony Club, a spa and a swimming pool.
- Kimpton Rowan – Ethereal desert beauty permeates from this luxury hotel with a rooftop pool and bar – a great place to stay on a bachelorette party. The hotel’s rooftop bar is also a great place to watch the sunset.
- ARRIVE – This Palm Springs hotel is chic and affordable in the Uptown design district. With studios sleeping two or three guests, these rooms are spacious and some have patios. ARRIVE has an outdoor swimming pool with cabanas to relax and enjoy a few drinks with your girl gang.
- Parker Palm Springs – This is by far my favorite hotel in Palm Springs. The property is lush and whimsical. There is an adults-only pool with a chic lemonade stand serving up fresh, blended vodka lemonades, a hidden speakeasy bar, a boutique spa, and every inch of the hotel exudes old-school charm.
- Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa – This hotel is within walking distance of the San Jacinto Mountains, which is a real highlight. It also offers five restaurants, a lazy river pool, a 20,000ft spa and 23 tennis courts.
Best Group Vacation Rentals In Palm Springs For A Bachelorette
The hotels in Palm Springs are all beautiful and unique, but nothing beats renting a property and having all your girls in one place for the bachelorette weekend. Here are a couple of large vacation rental properties that you can rent for the weekend.
For a full list of Airbnbs and vacation rentals for groups check out our top Airbnbs in Palm Springs article!
If you are looking for some of the Joshua Tree style inspired boho vibes in Palm Springs, then The Boho Bungalow is a perfect fit!
The large backyard has all the essentials for your girls group to hang out and relax, including a pool, pergola, koi pond and outdoor fire pit.
- Sleeps: 12 guests
- Size: 5 bedrooms / 11 beds / 5.5 baths
- Price: Check latest prices
This incredible vacation home seamlessly integrates the outside with the inside, with every room filled with warm sun rays. This holiday home is so sophisticated it looks like it has been plucked right out of a movie set and is the perfect vacation rental for an upscale bachelorette party in Palm Springs.
- Sleeps: 6 guests
- Size: 3 bedrooms / 3 beds / 2 baths
- Price: Check out latest prices here.
Want to stay in your own private garden oasis but also be close to downtown Palm Springs? Then this beautiful garden vacation rental is perfect for your girls group!
There is a large pool and several outdoor spaces for your group to hang out in including a gazebo with an outdoor fire pit!
- Sleeps: 8 guests
- Size: 4 bedrooms / 4 beds / 3 baths
- Price: Check Latest Prices
Best Brunch Spots In Palm Springs For A Bachelorette Party
Brunching in Palm Springs, like food in general, is serious business. New venues are popping up every week, so there are plenty to choose from.
- PinocchioPS – With bottomless champagne and an all-day happy hour, what more does a bachelorette party need than brunch at Pinocchio’s.
- Farm – This French-style restaurant serves up a delicious brunch that includes your classic French favorites of crepes, croissants and varieties of omelets.
- Wilma and Frieda – For comfort room with a twist head to Wilma and Frieda. Serving classic French toast, waffles, eggs and even enchiladas.
- Cheeky’s – With homemade pastries, fresh juices and of course cocktails. The menu is created with fresh local ingredients. Brunch is served six days a week from 8am to 2pm.
- Grand Central – A funky chic restaurant serving modern traditional brunch with a twist.
- Azucar at La Serena Villas – The Instagrammable rooftop is the perfect place for brunch with your girlfriends.
Best Restaurants In Palm Springs For A Bachelorette Party
Palm Springs has a top-notch food scene and an array of excellent upscale dining options making it a foodie paradise. Here are our suggestions for 10 of the best restaurants in Palm Springs for bachelorette parties.
- Farm – This traditional French restaurant is located in downtown Palm Springs in the historic Plaza and its menu is made up of classic European dishes.
- Workshop Kitchen + Bar – Farm-to-table New American fare in the Uptown Design District. The kitchen has a dinner menu, an after-dinner menu, an extensive wine list and a mix of classic and unique cocktails.
- Blue Coyote Grill – This Mexican restaurant has a pretty patio and delicious Margaritas.
- Mr. Lyons – Upscale, retro-style steakhouse serving hand-cut meats and classic cocktails, including Mr. Lyons Pimms Cup and Mr. Lyons Espresso Martini.
- Eight4Nine Restaurant & Lounge – Contemporary eatery offering refined New American cuisine with an indoor and outdoor dining area.
- Sandfish Sushi & Whiskey – Small, upscale, hip decor offering sushi and whiskey cocktails. This is the perfect place to visit with your girl gang.
- The Tropicale – This gorgeous patio restaurant feels like you are in a Moroccan Garden and is definitely a must on your girls getaway weekend.
- Boozehounds – Open daily until 10pm and 11pm on the weekends with American cuisine. It is also a great breakfast or brunch spot.
- Melvyn’s at the Ingleside Inn – Traditional American Fair with a modern twist, including a piano lounge, dancefloor and a full bar.
- French Rotisserie Cafe – Located in nearby Palm Desert, this restaurant serves upscale Parisian Bistro.
- Norma’s – Located at the Parker Hotel, this restaurant offers excellent breakfast, brunch and fresh smoothies.
- Rooster and the Pig – This Vietnamese American restaurant offers small snacky plates along with shareable dishes ideal for a bachelorette lunch.
Best Bars In Palm Springs For A Bachelorette Party
From chic, upscale cocktail bars to fun local dive bars, there is something for every taste in Palm Springs.
From our local experience, here are 10 of the best bars in Palm Springs for bachelorette parties.
- Counter Reformation – New speakeasy-style wine and beer bar located at the Parker Hotel. Open 5-10pm Thurs-Mon (closed on Tues and Wed). Reservations are required if you’re not a hotel guest so be sure to book ahead.
- High Bar – Located at The Rowan Hotel, this rooftop pool bar is a great place to enjoy classic and retro cocktails with sparkling views of the city – especially during sunset.
- Toucans Tiki Lounge & Cabaret – Established two decades ago, this is the city’s longest-running drag show and a great place to visit during your bachelorette party. Toucans is also a place for many parties surrounding the Coachella Music Festival.
- The Alibi – A cocktail bar serving tapas and small plates that often hosts live music and concerts.
- Dead or Alive – A favorite local bar with a great selection of small production wines. This bar also has a wine and alcohol shop.
- Boozehounds – Open daily, this dog-friendly bar has an open-air cabana bar and a patio serving unique cocktails and American cuisine.
- Bootlegger Tiki – Open 3pm – 11pm weekdays and 1am on the weekends, serving hand-crafted tiki cocktails in a dim but playful atmosphere. There is a daily happy hour serving discounted beers and cocktails.
- Truss & Wine – An industrial-chic spot for craft cocktails and a desert-inspired menu in the historic El Paseo building. Open Thurs-Sun 6pm-12:30am.
- V Wine Lounge – This mid-century style lounge serves boutique California wines, small production international wines, craft beers, throwback cocktails and a small, cheese-heavy (yum!) menu.
- The Reef – This tropical-themed bar has a large variety of great cocktails, including the classic mai tai and will transport you to a Hawaiian beach.
What To Pack For A Bachelorette Party In Palm Springs
With so many Instagrammable locations around Palm Springs you will want to pack accordingly!
Palm Springs Bachelorette Party Favors
Personalize your bachelorette party with fun and unique Palm Springs inspired party favors.
How To Get To Palm Springs
One thing that makes Palm Springs an ideal destination for bachelorette parties is that it is very easy to get to. You can fly into Palm Springs International Airport, just a five-minute drive from downtown Palm Springs. Or you can fly into LAX and then drive down to Palm Springs.
Palm Springs is just an easy one-hour, forty-five-minute drive from Los Angeles via 1-10 East but be warned traffic can be backed up.
Best Time To Have An Palm Springs Bachelorette Party?
Palm Springs is a popular bachelorette destination year-round, especially between December and April when it’s not quite so hot. The weather in the winter is perfect for all the fun activities in Palm Springs.
Unless you love the heat, I would not recommend visiting Palm Springs in the summer, when daily highs often reach the triple digits. Summer is the low season in the desert, though, so if you want to get the best hotel deals and fewer tourists, then summertime is worth considering.
Palm Springs Bachelorette Party Ultimate Guide Wrap Up
We hope you’ve found this Palm Spring bachelorette party guide helpful. If you have questions about Palm Springs or tips for our readers, please leave these in the comments below!
And if you’re interested in visiting other areas in this beautiful state, you can check out all our California articles for inspiration or our US bachelorette party guide for other party destination ideas.
We hope that this article has inspired you to want to visit Palm Springs for your bachelorette party. If you have any questions or advice to share with our readers, please leave these in the comments below.
Want to share your own travel tips by guest writing for We Are Travel Girls? Go to our Contribute page for guidelines and to submit your article.
Read More About Palm Springs and California
- 17 Best California Girls Getaways
- Instagram Guide To Colorful Palm Springs
- 5 Unique Experiences in Joshua Tree and Palm Springs
Pin For Later
This article may contain affiliate links, if you purchase something using one of our links we may receive a commission. Please see our Disclosures for more information.