Planning your trip can be daunting and there is a lot to arrange between flights, hotels, travel insurance, choosing tour companies… the list goes on. We have highlighted some of our go to resources for planning your adventures below!
If you are interested in being featured on our Travel Resources page click here for options and to apply.
- Our go to booking site for planning all of our own trips. Booking.com has a great search functionality allowing you to pick your accommodation based on price, location or guest ratings.
- Agoda is a great way to search for hotels, guest houses, hostels and accommodation all over the world at the best price and with free cancellations on most rooms!
- Use our link to sign up for AirBnB and receive US $35 towards your next trip. AirBnB is a great way to find locally owned and unique accommodations all around the world.
- HostelWorld.com is a great resource to find budget friendly places to stay and also the perfect way to meet some new friends on your travels!
Subscribe to get travel tips and resources straight to your inbox!
- A Trip Advisor company, Viator is a great way to find day trips and excursions for your trip. You can either plan ahead or book on the day and find local day trips.
- RentalCars.com is part of Booking.com and the perfect place to find a rental car for your next roadtrip! With so many roadtrip articles to inspire you on our site, hopefully this will help you plan your trip.
- The most important thing you need to pack on your next vacation is your travel insurance! Book travel insurance the minute you book your trip to cover you in the event you can’t travel or something happens during your trip. We have personally used World Nomads for our insurance for the last few years and could not be more happy with their service and offering. Book your cover with World Nomads
- Another great option is Safety Wing, the world’s first International Travel Medical Insurance developed to meet the needs of entrepreneurs and remote workers travelling or living abroad. Coverage starts at US $37 for four weeks and since it is subscription based you won’t forget it when you travel!
- If you are carrying lots of photography equipment we highly recommend getting a separate insurance for your electronic and photo gear. We have been using Photoguard for a few years and love that you can build your insurance based on the value of your exact set of equipment, but suggest checking specific insurance coverage for your region.
Travel Advice From The Community
- Join our private Women’s Only Facebook Group. This is a great place to connect with the community, ask questions and share your travel tips in a safe and fun environment.
- Follow We Are Travel Girls on Trip Advisor where we share our travel tips, favourite restaurants, hotels and reviews.
Travel Hacks & Tips
Responsible Travel Tips
Travelling responsibly is important at We Are Travel Girls and we strive to bring ethical, eco and responsible tips to our readers on this blog. Each day we are learning more about how we can take steps to become better travellers and always welcome ideas from the community!
Responsible Travel Articles
- 24 Ways To Live & Travel Sustainably
- 5 Ways To Be A Responsible Traveller
- How To Be A Mindful Traveller
- 5 Simple Ways To Join The Responsible Traveller Movement
- 11 Ways To Become A More Responsible Blogger
- Why You Should Never Ride An Elephant
Eco Products We Love
This website is a free resource and to keep it free we occasionally use affiliate links. Please note that some of the links on this page are affiliate links and at no additional cost to you we earn a commission if you make a purchase using links from our site. We personally use all the companies listed here and hope they are useful to help you plan your own trip. If you are ready to book your next adventure and would like to support the running of this website using these links helps us to keep creating and bringing you new and useful travel content! Please see our disclosures.