Asheville is a town in North Carolina, located in the Blue Ridge Mountains, famous for its lively arts scene, historic architecture, and fun Downtown Art District filled with galleries and museums.
Ashville also offers an array of outdoor activities such as watersports, hiking, climbing, and mountain biking. The area also features breathtaking views and magical waterfalls. Asheville is an ideal spot for a bachelorette party or a girls’ getaway, with wineries, a fun craft beer culture, and relaxing spas.
If you’re looking to plan an incredible girls’ getaway in North Carolina, look no further. Asheville should be on the top of your list of places to have your bachelorette party weekend if you are looking for a fun-filled beach getaway.
Here’s our ultimate Asheville bachelorette party guide with the best activities, brunch spots, picturesque locations, hidden gems and more.
Top Things To Do On A Asheville Bachelorette Party
Whether your girl gang likes to spend time outdoors hiking, relaxing in a spa, or shopping, there is something for everyone in your bachelorette group in Asheville!
There are many great things to do in Asheville for a bachelorette party guide. To help you plan the perfect vacation, here are our top 10 things to do:
1) Spend a day exploring Downtown Asheville
Asheville is a great place to explore, with many attractions around the city, including Pack Square Park and Drum Circle, where you can see the street performers visit the museums, or one of the many restaurants.
2) Visit a winery and sample local wines in a relaxing surrounding
North Carolina and Asheville have many wineries and vineyards, including the Flat Rock and Hendersonville wineries like Stone Ashe Vineyard, Biltmore Estate Winery and Souther Williams.
3) Enjoy a relaxing spa day with your girls
The city is known as a destination for health and wellness dating back to the 1800s, with the 43,000-square-foot underground The Omni Grove Park Inn Spa. The spa includes numerous mineral-based pools that complement the subterranean spa with cavernous rock walls, arches and tunnels.
4) Explore or swim in one of the 100’s of waterfalls located close to Asheville
Mountains and waterfalls surround Asheville, so grab your girls and hiking boots and head outside the city. Some incredible waterfalls with short hiking spots include Upper Whitewater Falls, DuPont State Forest and Graveyard Fields.
5) Spend some time outdoors on one of Asheville’s many hikes
In addition to waterfalls, the area around the city has some great longer hiking trails. There are some great hikes at Mt Mitchell State Park or Blue Ridge Parkway.
6) Explore the Biltmore Estate Mansion
Visit and discover the history of the 1800s Biltmore Estate mansion, where you and your girls can enjoy biking, hiking, visiting restaurants, a winery and paddleboarding located on the estate.
7) Go hiking, mountain biking, or horse riding
DuPont State Recreational Forest is a great place for horseback riding, hiking, or mountain biking, all just one hour outside the city. The 10,400-acre recreational forest is a great place to spend the day.
8) Spend time shopping at independent stores
Purchase souvenirs and unique purchases at independent shops, boutiques, open-air markets and galleries.
9) Discover some of the area’s nature trails
10) Spend the afternoon sampling craft beers
If you’re interested in craft beer, you can visit one of Asheville’s breweries and find out why the city is famous for them. You could even take a pub cycle tour around the city! To discover the top breweries in Asheville, join a guided walking tour that includes local history and craft beer experts. During the tour, your group will have the opportunity to taste different beers.
Best Tours In Asheville For A Bachelorette Party
Asheville offers a variety of enjoyable tours for exploring the area. For a bachelorette party, here are five great options:
- Discover Asheville’s top breweries on a guided walking tour featuring local history and craft beer experts. Your girls will also get the opportunity to taste beers along the way.
- Join the Asheville Terrors for a night of bone-chilling ghost stories and local drinks on a dramatic pub crawl of the downtown district.
- Escape to the serene Blue Ridge Mountains with your girls for a 2-mile hike followed by an hour of mountaintop yoga.
- Explore the Blue Ridge Parkway’s stunning vistas, rich forests, and fascinating Cherokee and Appalachian history on a self-driving tour.
- Experience breathtaking views of Asheville and Western North Carolina from above on an unforgettable helicopter tour, taking in the stunning Blue Ridge Mountains and French Broad River.
Best Hotels In Asheville For A Bachelorette Party
Asheville has a wide selection of exceptional hotels, ideal for bachelorette party groups. These hotels offer impressive amenities like rooftop pools, aesthetically pleasing bedrooms, and unlimited brunches. Here are the top ten hotels in Asheville that are perfect for bachelorette celebrations!
- The Omni Grove Park Inn – This resort just outside the city has 513 rooms, an outdoor and indoor swimming pool, an 18-hole golf course and five onsite restaurants.
- The Radical – Located in the River Arts District, this hotel is within walking distance of bars and restaurants. The hotel has 70 rooms, including suites, rooms, lofts and rooms sleeping up to four people.
- Aloft Asheville Downtown – Located in the heart of Downtown, this hotel is ideally within walking distance of breweries, restaurants and the shopping district.
- Beaufort House Inn – This four-star bed and breakfast offers guests a stay in one of the 11 individually furnished rooms. Each room sleeps between two and four people, ideal for a small bachelorette party or for a larger one with multiple rooms.
- Princess Anne Hotel and Breakfast – Located on Charlotte Street, close to the mountains, this hotel offers easy access to the city, surrounding mountains and national parks. The hotel has large rooms ranging from 269 sq ft to 699 sq ft with mountain and city views.
- Cambria Hotel Downtown Asheville – This hotel is perfect for larger groups, with many room types sleeping up to four people. Some rooms have large windows with great views; others have balconies and outdoor areas.
- Kimpton Hotel Arras – Located in Downtown Asheville, close to the mountains, this hotel has excellent access to several of the city’s main attractions, including Pack Square and Biltmore Estate.
- The Restoration Asheville – This four-star hotel offers guests a mix of premium king suites, signature king suites, studios and rooms with terraces. The hotel offers guests the chance to have a drink on the rooftop terrace, free continental breakfasts and three onsite restaurants. This hotel also provides free bicycle rentals.
- Village Hotel on Biltmore Estate – With a winery attached, this hotel is the perfect place to stay with your girls if you like wine and adventure activities. At this hotel, guests can enjoy mountain biking, fishing, horseback riding, or relaxing at the spa.
- Grand Bohemian Asheville – Located in Biltmore Village, this hotel has a full-service spa, a terrace, rooms with balconies and a fireplace in the lobby. The hotel has 104 rooms, which feature premium bedding and large rooms with multiple living spaces; some have terraces.
You can also check out our guide to the best Airbnbs and vacation rentals in Asheville.
Best Restaurants In Asheville For A Bachelorette Party
With so many excellent restaurants in Asheville, it can be hard to choose where to dine, with an array of restaurants from authentic Mexican to American and European influences.
Here are our suggestions for ten of the best restaurants in Asheville for bachelorette parties.
- Capella on 9 – Open for breakfast, dinner, tapas and cocktails, this restaurant pairs locally sourced ingredients with hand-crafted cocktails and live music. They have a rooftop bar and restaurant area ideal for watching the sunset and relaxing with your friends.
- Rhubarb – This restaurant provides a relaxed atmosphere with freestyle American cuisine. The menu features local cheeses, fresh farmhouse ingredients, and unique beers on tap.
- Cucina 24 – This restaurant offers an a la carte menu or four-course dinner for the table. The menu features Italian cooking with local fresh ingredients. This restaurant’s menu changes daily with fresh new dishes to try.
- The Corner Kitchen – This restaurant offers a daily brunch from 9:30am to 2:30pm. Their brunch menu features deviled eggs, biscuits with gravy and the famous Biltmore berry crumb cake.
- La Bodega by Curate – This Spanish-inspired restaurant, market and bakery resembles a European cafe. Chef de Cuisine Matt Brown created the menu and the restaurant is open for snacks, tapas and dinner.
- Tastee Diner – A local favorite for over 75 years, this restaurant offers a wholesome North Carolina meal. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner; this restaurant has a menu that features brekkie bowls, fried chicken and grits, steak and eggs, hangover hashbrowns, charcuterie boards and even caviar.
- 12 Bones Smokehouse – This famous barbecue spot features baby back ribs, smoked turkey and pulled pork sandwiches. The sides here are great with corn pudding and jalapeno grits.
- Vivian – Located in the trendy River Arts District, Vivian is a cozy eatery that has come a long way from its humble beginnings as a pop-up. It now serves a blend of European culinary traditions with Appalachian ingredients and flavors and has become a beloved spot for both locals and tourists.
- Taqueria Munoz – This Mexican restaurant is popular among locals who flock to taste its extensive menu, featuring specialties such as tacos, chicken with mole, beef birria, and lamb consomme.
- Nine Mile – Named after Bob Marley’s hometown in Jamaica, Nine Mile is a tourist and local favorite. This Caribbean-style restaurant is vegetarian-friendly and offers laid-back vibes.
Best Bars In Asheville For A Bachelorette Party
Asheville has a reputation for having many excellent bars to quench your thirst. Whether you’re looking for a sophisticated cocktail lounge or a lively local dive, there’s something to suit every palate in Asheville.
From our local experience, here are ten of the best bars in Asheville for bachelorette parties.
- The Times Bar and Coffee Shop – This bar is a trendy craft cocktail bar and a coffee shop. The bar specializes in seasonally inspired cocktails and craft coffees in Downtown Asheville.
- Battery Park Book Exchange and Champagne Bar – One of Asheville’s most unique bars, this champagne bar turned used bookstore offers something for everyone. The bar offers a large variety of wines, champagne and cocktails. They also host regular poetry readings and they have a great charcuterie board.
- The Montford Rooftop Bar – Located within the DoubleTree by Hilton Downtown, this rooftop bar is a local favorite that offers incredible views of the historic Montford neighborhood.
- The Great Hall Bar – Located within the Omni Grove Park Inn hotel, this iconic bar is a great place to soak up the history and tradition of the area, with old-world rustic charm and 36ft fireplaces.
- Bone and Broth – This restaurant-turned-bar offers excellent food but even better cocktails. The cocktails menu features unique cocktails such as the House Barrel Aged Vieux Carre and the house-infused spirits are a must-try.
- Crave Dessert Bar – With comfy seats, cozy corners and a chef’s selection of desserts, this is the perfect place to hang out with your girls at a bachelorette party. Some desserts include a drunken tiramisu and churro fondue. Cocktails include Daylight Savings lime and a spicy watermelon margarita.
- Ben’s Tune Up – This beer and sake garden is an American Sake Brewery with a beer garden and restaurant.
- Village Pub – Located within the Biltmore Village, this pub has a large indoor and outdoor seating area. The bar has an extensive local beer list, wine and cocktails.
- The Library Lounge – Located inside The Inn on Biltmore Estate, the Library Lounge is one of the city’s more exclusive establishments. The bar offers seasonal cocktails and an extensive wine list.
- Top of the Monk – The bar offers the best quality cocktails. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly. The atmosphere is sophisticated yet relaxed.
Best Breweries In Asheville For A Bachelorette Party
Asheville boasts that it has more breweries per capita than any other city in the United States, with over 100 locally produced beers. If you girls enjoy a cold beer in the sunshine after a day of hiking or shopping, there is a brewery and local beer for everyone to enjoy.
For a bachelorette party, here are five great options:
- Burial Beer – With two locations in Asheville (South Slope and Forestry Camp), this award-winning company began its life in the summer of 2013 and this one-barrel system grew quickly. The taphouses now have production facilities, barrelhouses and taprooms. The taphouses have over 24 taps and a full-service kitchen with tours and tasting experiences.
- Wicked Weed Brewing – This brewery offers live music, holds events and has three locations within the city.
- Twin Leaf Brewery – Located in Downtown Asheville’s South Slope (Brewery District), they brew classic Belgian, English and American-style ales with a rotating lineup of lagers, IPAs and sours. The brewery offers tasting flights, live entertainment and games.
- Zebulon Artisan Ales – This brewery offers group tours on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. The brewery focuses on Belgian and French farmhouse styles and provides a small production with full, half pours and flights of beers.
- The Wedge on Foundy Street – Located in the River Arts community, this brewery offers a unique place to hang out with your girls outside and enjoy one of their beers on tap.
How To Get To Asheville
One of the things that makes Asheville an ideal destination for bachelorette parties is that it is easily accessible by direct flight from several cities around the United States.
The closest airport to Asheville is Asheville Regional Airport (AVL), which is just around 11 miles outside the city and is served by regional flights from around the US. You can pick up an Uber at the airport, take a taxi, or rent a car.
Alternatively, Knoxville McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS) serves further regional destinations, or Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) has more flight options, including international destinations.
Best Time Of Year To Have An Asheville Bachelorette Party?
Asheville is a great city to visit for a bachelorette party year-round. There isn’t a wrong time to visit Asheville, but if you don’t like crowds, avoid the high season in October when people come to see the fall foliage.
The best time to visit Asheville is between March and May or September to November when the weather is warm and settled.
Asheville Bachelorette Party Ultimate Guide Wrap Up
I hope you’ve found this Asheville bachelorette party guide helpful. If you have questions about Asheville or tips for our readers, please leave these in the comments below!
And if you’re interested in visiting other areas in this beautiful state, you can check out all our bachelorette guides for inspiration or our US bachelorette party guide for other party destination ideas.
We hope that this article has inspired you to visit Asheville for a bachelorette party. If you have questions or advice to share with our readers, please leave these in the comments below.
Want to write for We Are Travel Girls? Visit our Contribute Page to submit your article.
Read More About US Bachelorette Guides
- The Ultimate Joshua Tree Bachelorette Party Guide
- The Ultimate Napa Valley Bachelorette Party Guide
- The Best Fall Girls Getaways In The USA
- The 12 Best Summer Girls Getaways In The USA
- Girl Getaway Guide to Moab, Utah
Pin For Later
This article may contain affiliate links, if you purchase something using one of our links we may receive a commission. Please see our Disclosures for more information.