Los Angeles is an expansive city in Southern California, famous for being the epicenter of the nation’s entertainment industry. From the Hollywood sign hike to the Walk of Fame, there is a great deal to do in and around this iconic city, making Los Angeles an ideal destination for a bachelorette party or a girls’ getaway.
As of 2022, the metro area population of Los Angeles was over 12.4 million making it the second most populated city in the United States after New York. And as of 2019, there were over 24,000 restaurants in LA County!
It can be hard to decide what to do in such a big city with so many options. I was born in LA and have lived here on and off for much of my life, so from a local’s perspective, here’s my Los Angles bachelorette party ultimate guide to help you make the most of your girls’ getaway in the City of Angels.
Things to Do In Los Angeles For A Bachelorette Party
There is so much to do and see in Los Angeles! Here are 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for a bachelorette party or girls’ getaway!
1) Hollywood Sign Hike
You can’t visit Los Angeles without doing the iconic Hollywood sign hike! This hike is the perfect way to spend a morning or afternoon with your girls outside in nature, taking in amazing views of the city. Recently I did a Private Hollywood Sign Hike and it really made me appreciate how beautiful LA actually is.
Here are highlights from my hike which was about 3 hours long and a great workout. During the hike, our guide told us stories about the entertainment industry, Griffith Park, and how the Hollywood sign came to be what it is today.
2) Shopping on Rodeo Drive
No Los Angeles bachelorette party would be complete without a shopping day on Rodeo Drive. Made famous by Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman, Rodeo Drive is an upscale shopping street in Beverly Hills that is home to luxury boutiques and designer stores such as Channel, Prada, Jimmy Choo, and Gucci.
There are several parking lots on and near Rodeo Drive so you can just drive there, park, and spend the afternoon window shopping. This area also has a lot of great restaurants.
One of my favorite lunch spots is Il Pastaio on Canon Drive. This hot spot is a celebrity favorite. They don’t take reservations but they have excellent pasta, a great wine selection, outdoor seating, and the best people-watching, so it is well worth the wait.
3) Hollywood Walk of Fame + TCL Chinese Theater
One of Hollywood’s most iconic and memorable sites, the TCL Chinese Theatre (originally Grauman’s Chinese Theatre) opened in 1927 and represents the excess of Hollywood’s Golden Age. Tours are offered from 10:15 a.m. to 7 p.m. every day except Monday ($18 adults, $8 kids, $14 senior tickets).
While there, take a stroll along the Hollywood Walk of Fame (open to the public 24 hours a day), where hundreds of movie stars left their handprints and signatures along the sidewalk. The most notable names are located between the 6800 and 6900 block of Hollywood Boulevard (directly in front of the theater). My grandma, actress Debbie Reynolds, and my aunt, actress Carrie Fisher, both have stars there!
4) Visit The Getty Center + Getty Villa
The Getty Center is considered one of the most impressive architectural achievements in the US. It also contains some of the most impressive works of art in the world. You’ll find Renaissance paintings, 20th-century American photography, Baroque sculptures, historic manuscripts, and much more.
Visiting the Getty is a great way to spend an afternoon with your girls. It is open 10am – 5:30pm daily and admission is free. If you enjoy The Getty Center, visiting the Getty Villa in Pacific Palisades is a must too. It is open 10am-5pm daily and admission is free.
5) Bike Ride Around Santa Monica & Venice Beach
You have to experience Santa Monica and Venice Beach while you’re in LA and a great way to do this is by bike. There are bike rental shops near the Santa Monica Pier. I suggest checking the pier out then renting bikes and riding down to Venice beach along the boardwalk.
If you’re new to LA the best way to explore by bike is to do a bike tour. I did the Electric Bike Tour of Santa Monica & Venice and I was surprised by how much we saw and learned and how fun it was! This three-hour tour is a great way to see the best of Santa Monica and Venice and learn some history about these bustling beach cities. Check out highlights from my electric bike tour!
6) Lunch at the Beverly Hills Hotel
The Beverly Hills Hotel is iconic, to say the least. This legendary spot oozes vintage glamour and modern luxury. Book a table at the Polo Lounge or the Cabana Cafe to enjoy a special girls’ lunch. Known as the epicenter of LA power dining, the Polo Lounge has been the favorite spot for generations of stars and Hollywood deal-makers.
The Beverly Hills Hotel is also a perfect place to stay for a Los Angeles bachelorette party or a glamorous girls’ getaway weekend!
7) Shopping at The Grove + Historic Farmer’s Market
The Grove is a luxury shopping center and entertainment complex designed by Caruso that is located on parts of the historic Farmers Market. At The Grove, you’ll find a mix of retail, restaurants, and entertainment in a luxurious, open-air environment.
This is a great place to grab lunch, go shopping, see a movie or shop at the historic Farmer’s Market.
8) Griffith Observatory & Griffith Park
If you do the Hollywood Sign Hike you will be exploring some of Griffith Park but Griffith Observatory is also worth a visit. Griffith Observatory sits on the south-facing slope of Mount Hollywood in Griffith Park and offers incredible views of the Los Angeles Basin including Downtown Los Angeles to the southeast, Hollywood to the south, and the Pacific Ocean to the southwest.
Griffith Observatory is said to be “southern California’s gateway to the cosmos.” Visitors can look through telescopes, explore exhibits, and see live shows.
9) Pacific Palisades + Malibu Day Trip
If you like beach towns I suggest spending a day exploring Pacific Palisades and Malibu. Just ten minutes from Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades is an affluent residential neighborhood tucked between the Santa Monica Mountains and the Pacific Ocean.
Then head on to Malibu where you can stop and explore the Malibu Pier and have a craft cocktail at Malibu Farm Restaurant while you watch the surfers at famed Surfrider Beach.
Next, you can head on to Malibu Country Mart. This upscale shopping center has an array of cute boutiques and designer shops as well as great restaurants (see my favorites below) and several playgrounds for kids.
10) Surf Lessons In Malibu
You can’t come to LA and not visit iconic Malibu. And if you’re taking the trip to Malibu why not make it an unforgettable experience and take a surf lesson at Surfrider Beach, one of the most iconic beaches in the world?
I’ve been teaching surfing for almost 20 years and I offer private surf lessons, year-round in Malibu and Santa Barbara. I’d love to take you and your girlfriends surfing when you’re in town.
We’ll meet near the Malibu pier where you’ll have a chance to experience a surf culture like no other, along with the scenic beauty of Malibu as we paddle out to the sparkling waves at First Point. Your lesson includes two hours of one-on-one tailored instruction, a surfboard rental, and of course lots of photos. Book Your Lesson Today!
Best Tours In Los Angeles For A Bachelorette Party
There are tons of fun tours available in Los Angeles. Here are 10 great tours for a Los Angeles bachelorette party weekend or girls getaway!
- 1 Hour Private Helicopter Tour – See the very best of Los Angeles from a bird’s eye perspective on this 65-minute helicopter tour. Admire epic views of the world-famous Hollywood Sign, Universal Studios, Downtown LA, Beverly Hills, Malibu, Santa Monica Pier, and celebrity homes.
- Marina Del Rey Luxury Boat Cruise with Wine & Cheese – Relax and unwind on a 2-hour cruise departing from the famed harbor at Marina Del Rey. Enjoy cheese, wine, and beautiful views of the coastline.
- LA City Highlights Private Guided Tour – Discover the history and glamour of Los Angeles’ famous landmarks on a private guided day trip. Stroll through the renowned Walk of Fame, the luxurious Beverly Hills, and the vibrant Venice Beach.
- City Sightseeing Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Ticket – Experience Los Angeles on a hop-on hop-off sightseeing tour on an open-top bus. Explore Hollywood, Downtown Los Angeles, and Santa Monica Pier and beaches with a 24- or 48-hour bus pass.
- VW Bus Malibu Tour + Wine Tasting – Discover Malibu’s landscapes and wine culture while cruising in a classic 1972 VW camper van during this sightseeing trip from Santa Monica. Enjoy a wine tasting, ocean views, and iconic coastal gems. Check out highlights from our Malibu tour!
- Warner Bros. Studio Tour Hollywood – Experience the excitement of an a Hollywood studio with is skip-the-line ticket to Warner Bros. Studio Tour Hollywood. Chill with friends on the Central Perk couch and take a tour behind the scenes.
- Private Hollywood Sign Hike – This three-hour private tour is a great way to learn some of Los Angeles’ history, get outside, get active, take in sweeping views of the city and of course capture amazing photos in front of the iconic Hollywood sign! Check out highlights from my Hollywood sign hike tour!
- Malibu: 4 Hour Rock Climbing By The Beach – Experience the great outdoors like never before. Join your instructor and a small group for a 4-hour outdoor rock-climbing adventure in Point Dume, Malibu. Take in the breathtaking views of the California coast.
- Universal Studios Hollywood VIP Tour – Experience a day of action-packed entertainment at Universal Studios Hollywood and go behind the scenes of the world’s largest movie studio and theme park. Skip the long lines at all the attractions and get exclusive access to VIP areas.
- Electric Bike Tour of Santa Monica & Venice – This three-hour tour is a great way to see the best of Santa Monica and Venice and learn some history about these bustling beach cities. Check out highlights from my electric bike tour!
Best Hotels For A Los Angeles Bachelorette Party
Los Angeles is home to an array of awesome hotels. Here are 10 of the best hotels for a Los Angeles bachelorette party or girls’ getaway!
- Proper Hotel (Santa Monica) – This is arguably the hippest hotel in Santa Monica. Voted best rooftop terrace in Southern California with a great rooftop pool and fun rooftop bar. If you stay here be sure to eat dinner at their rooftop restaurant Calabra.
- Fairmont Hotel & Bungalows (Santa Monica) – A staple in Santa Monica for years, this hotel is a little outdated but the prices are good and it has a great restaurant inside (Fig) and one of the best places to go out in SM is on property (Bungalow) plus they allow dogs.
- Viceroy (Santa Monica) – Another hip hotel option in Santa Monica, in a great location, on Ocean Ave.
- The Beverly Hills Hotel (Beverly Hills) – Known as “The Pink Palace,” this iconic luxury hotel on Sunset Boulevard features a full-service Spa and a beautiful outdoor pool. Downtown Beverly Hills is just 1 mi away.
- Four Seasons (Beverly Hills) – Located in the center of Los Angeles this luxurious, 5-star hotel has rooms with French doors opening to private balconies and a beautiful outdoor pool.
- 1 Hotel (West Hollywood) – Love this eco hotel! Fabulous rooftop pool and beautiful, clean design, 1,000 feet from Sunset Strip.
- Mondrian (West Hollywood) – Located in the heart of the Sunset Strip, this hotel offers rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows. Guests can enjoy sweeping views of Los Angeles while enjoying a poolside cocktail at the famed Skybar.
- Andaz (West Hollywood) – Just 5 minutes’ walk from the Sunset Strip, this hotel features retro decor and a hip rooftop pool.
- London Hotel (West Hollywood) – Steps from Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive shopping, this boutique West Hollywood hotel features a rooftop with cabanas and a restaurant that serves a daily complimentary à la carte breakfast menu.
- Proper Hotel (Downtown LA) – With city lights and vintage brick as a backdrop, Proper re-imagined and updated a historic Broadway Corridor landmark into a 147-room destination hotel with a killer rooftop pool.
- Find the best prices on hotels in Los Angeles
The Best Restaurants In Los Angeles
As I mentioned already, there are over 24,000 restaurants in LA County, making it a world-class dining destination. I live in Malibu, so the below list is more heavily focused on West LA, but this is still a well-rounded directory of 40 of the best restaurants in Los Angeles.
- Nobu Malibu (Malibu) – Quite possibly the hardest restaurant to get into in LA, Nobu Malibu is the place to see and be seen. The oceanfront setting is stunning and the sushi is top-notch. TIP: Call at least a month ahead of time to (try) to get a dinner reservation. If you can’t get in for dinner try lunch.
- Little Beach House (Malibu) – Located right next to Nobu, this Soho House is a hot spot for celebrities and high-profile locals. The outdoor bar and terrace create the perfect spot to relax, unwind and enjoy delicious California cuisine and cocktails with sweeping views of the Malibu coastline and pier.
- Taverna Tony (Malibu) – Hands down the best Greek food in LA, this celebrity hot spot is casual yet hip and always lively. I have personally seen the Kardashians, Bela Hadid, and a whole table of Victoria’s Secret models dining here (dressed down in hoody sweatshirts).
- Lucky’s Malibu (Malibu) – My dream came true when my favorite restaurant in Montecito opened this sister restaurant in Malibu. This upscale steak and seafood restaurant offers delicious food in a bustling setting, tucked away in the Malibu Country Mart parking lot.
- Mastro’s Ocean Club (Malibu)- The prices are sky high here but this upscale steak and seafood restaurant has one of the best locations, right on the water in Malibu, just 10 minutes from Santa Monica. They make the best martinis in LA with an extra shaker so you basically get 2-for-1 drinks making this an ideal spot to dine for a Los Angeles bachelorette party!
- Malibu Farm Restaurant (Malibu) – Great spot for lunch or cocktails on the Malibu Pier where you can sit and watch the surfers catching waves on iconic Surfrider Beach.
- Angelini (Pacific Palisades) – The Village in Pacific Palisades is a cute shopping area that is worth a visit. While there pop into Angelina’s for a good Italian lunch and wine with your girls.
- Calabra (Santa Monica) – Voted one of the best rooftop terraces in Southern California, this spot is one of my favorites for dinner on the west side. The rooftop bar is a fun place to grab drinks and their menu is excellent, offering Meditaranian fair, California cuisine, and they also have a sushi menu on the weekends.
- Ivy at the Shore (Santa Monica) – Perfect spot for a fancy bachelorette brunch with your girls.
- Fia (Santa Monica) – Cocktails, handmade pastas, and delicious seasonal fare in a stylish but relaxed space.
- Fig (Santa Monica) – Located inside the Fairmont Hotel, offering craft cocktails and seasonally inspired dishes harvested from local Farmers’ Markets. After dinner, pop over to Bungalow (next door) for drinks.
- Meat On Ocean (Santa Monica) – This place is touristy but it’s a massive space so it is easy to get a reservation here, the food and drinks are excellent and the location is great, right across from the pier.
- Hillstone (Santa Monica) – Chain restaurant with consistently great food and a great atmosphere.
- La La Land Kind Cafe (Santa Monica) – Great for breakfast + Instagrammable coffee.
- Bagel Nosh Deli (Santa Monica) – If you like bagels try this spot for breakfast or a casual lunch.
- Toscana (Brentwood) – Lively Italian eatery serving rustic Tuscan cuisine in a cozy, urbane space, excellent global wine list. Check out my list of the Best Authentic Italian Restaurants in LA for more recs.
- Belle’s Beach House (Venice) – Cocktails and Hawaiian grub, served in a relaxed tropical-style space with plants and wicker furnishings and a fun, lively bar.
- Winston House (Venice) – Restaurant, bar, and live music.
- Felix (Venice) – Evan Funke’s take on traditional Italian cuisine, pasta made on sight, before your eyes.
- Casablanca (Venice) – LA is known for having delicious, authentic Mexican food. This is a great spot in Venice for a casual lunch or dinner with your girls and they have great margaritas. You can also check out my guide to the Best Authentic Mexican Restaurants In LA for other suggestions across the city.
- Wabi on Rose (Venice) – One of the best sushi spots in LA with a very fun, lively, upscale vibe.
- Il Pastaio (Beverly Hills) – One of the best Italian restaurants in LA, excellent wine menu, and stargazing.
- Crustacean (Beverly Hills) – Legendary Modern Asian restaurant from Master Chef Helene An.
- Avra (Beverly Hills) – Upscale coastal Greek cuisine.
- Mr. Chow (Beverly Hills) – Good fancy Chinese food.
- Mastro’s Steakhouse (Beverly Hills) – Upscale steakhouse, serving decadent food and drinks in a plush supper-club setting.
- The Ivy (Beverly Hills) – Upscale Californian cuisine presented in a stylish, buzzy setting known for celeb sightings. Great spot to have lunch with your girls after a day of shopping in Beverly Hills.
- Eveleigh (West Hollywood) – Rustic, lively, farm-to-table small and large plates inspired by American and European country cooking.
- The Nice Guy (West Hollywood) – Classic Italian restaurant and lounge with comfy booths and dim lighting, old-school feel.
- The Garden (Soho House West Hollywood) – Set above the Sunset Blvd strip, this Soho House restaurant has unparalleled views of Hollywood in an intimate, upscale garden setting.
- Craig’s (West Hollywood) – On famed Melrose, American cuisine, upscale, old-school vibe, known for celeb sightings.
- Delilah (West Hollywood) – A swanky dinner and drinks spot with a 1920s vibe, classic cocktails, American menu.
- Ysabel (West Hollywood) – Contemporary American locally focused cuisine + mixology-focused cocktails in a midcentury-modern space with a patio
- Dan Tana’s (West Hollywood) – This spot has been around since the 1960’s and is one of the most iconic restaurants in Los Angeles, offering delicious, authentic Italian food in an old-school Hollywood setting.
- TAO (Los Angeles) – If you have a big group this is a great option. This venue offers two levels in a club-like setting, a large bar, and Asian-inspired specialties.
- Castaway (Burbank) – Hilltop restaurant in with a fire pit offering cocktails & Californian cuisine, plus beautiful scenic views of Burbank.
- 71Above (Downtown LA) – Luxe eatery, bar, and lounge on the 71st floor for high-end modern American cuisine and incredible panoramic views of the city.
- Otium (Downtown LA) – New American cuisine and cocktails offered in an upscale airy space.
- Caldo Verde (Downtown LA) – Located inside the Proper Hotel, this DTLA hot spot offers a menu based on Portuguese flavors and old California sensibilities.
- Mandolin Taverna (Downtown LA) -Inspired by the tavernas of the Greek Island’s coastal towns, a truly authentic al-fresco dining experience inside the Soho Warehouse garden.
Best Clubs and Bars For A Los Angeles Bachelorette Party
There are an array of great bars and nightclubs in Los Angeles. Here are 20 of the best watering holes for a Los Angeles bachelorette party or girls’ weekend!
- Bungalow (Santa Monica) – Popular watering hole for 20 somethings in Santa Monica. The sprawling space offers multiple bars and patios and is a great place to grab after dinner drinks.
- SHOREbar (Santa Monica) – Classy, airy hangout with a maritime vibe specializing in innovative mixed drinks.
- Calabra (Santa Monica) – The elevated outdoor rooftop restaurant and bar. The bar is a great place to grab a nightcap or after-dinner drinks before heading out for a night on the town.
- The Penthouse (Santa Monica) – Perched atop Huntley Hotel, this bar here is a great place to grab cocktails with panoramic views of the Santa Monica coastline.
- The Victorian (Santa Monica) – An iconic Santa Monica restaurant, bar, and nightlife spot located on Main street just one block from the beach. Thursday – Saturday this place is packed with 20 somethings and has an upscale house party vibe.
- The Chestnut Club (Santa Monica) – Rustic wood and dramatic beamed ceilings set the mood at this hip cocktail lounge for craft drinks.
- Buffalo Club (Santa Monica) – Locally owned hidden gem, celebrating its 25th year in Santa Monica. This dark, clubby restaurant has a large courtyard, serves upscale comfort food and small plates, and is a great casual place to grab drinks.
- The Lincoln (Venice) – Classic cocktails in an industrial-chic setting. This bar is small but goes off.
- Belle’s Beach House (Venice) – Open till 12am this retro tiki restaurant and bar is a fun spot to grab dinner or after-dinner drinks. The bar is lively and fun and they have cute bartenders making this a great place for a night out during your Los Angles bachelorette party!
- Winston House (Venice) – Fun spot to grab drinks and listen to live music in Venice.
- Above SIXTY (Beverly Hills) – An exclusive rooftop bar and lounge located at SIXTY Beverly Hills offering stunning views of Beverly Hills, Century City, and downtown Los Angeles.
- Bootsy Bellows (West Hollywood) – Vaudeville-inspired hot spot with a variety of acts and ample stargazing.
- Delilah (West Hollywood) – A swanky dinner and drinks spot with a 1920s vibe.
- The Peppermint Club (West Hollywood) – Buzzy nightlife hot spot with innovative craft cocktails, DJs & bottle service in a sleek, sexy space.
- Soho House (West Hollywood) – Set above the Sunset Blvd strip, this Soho House has unparalleled views of Hollywood in an intimate, upscale setting.
- The Nice Guy (West Hollywood) – Restaurant and lounge with comfy booths and dim lighting, old-school Italian feel.
- AVALON (West Hollywood) – Avalon is a quintessential Hollywood superclub throwing laser-lit EDM dance parties. Book tickets online for its famous Saturday night sets, with world-renowned DJs like Skrillex.
- Poppy (Los Angeles) – High-style nightclub and cocktail lounge with whimsical decor, DJ tunes, bottle service, and a lush patio.
- Sound (Los Angeles) – Sound is an iconic underground techno and deep house club set in an unpretentious warehouse-style haunt.
- Playhouse Nightclub (Los Angeles) – Hip Hop is on the soundtrack at this luxury club with eclectic DJs, a vast dance floor, and a fun party atmosphere.
How To Get To Los Angeles
One of the best things about Los Angeles is that it is very accessible from everywhere in the United States and also from Europe. There are direct flights from all major hubs to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX).
From the airport, it is easy to get a cab or an Uber to wherever you are staying. Los Angeles is a great walking city but it is very spread out, so unless you plan to Uber everywhere, (which can get expensive), I recommend renting a car.
Best Time Of Year To Visit Los Angeles?
Los Angeles’s weather is awesome year-round and it arguably has the most pleasant weather in the nation. So pretty much any time of year is a great time to have a Los Angeles bachelorette party!
But if you’d like to enjoy the most fun in the sun I would suggest avoiding December, January, and February which are usually our coldest months here. Although the weather is still in the high 60s during these months, there are far fewer tourists, and hotels are much cheaper, so it depends on what you’re after.
June is also hit or miss. We often experience “June gloom” for most of June. June Gloom is a California term for a weather pattern that results in cloudy, overcast skies with cool temperatures. By the end of June, the weather usually starts to get sunny and warm again.
Los Angeles Bachelorette Party Ultimate Guide Wrap Up
I hope you’ve found this Los Angeles bachelorette party guide helpful. If you have questions about LA or tips for our readers please leave these in the comments below!
And if you’re interested in visiting other areas in this beautiful state, you can check out all our California articles for inspiration or our US bachelorette party guide for other party destination ideas.
We hope that this article has inspired you to visit Los Angeles. If you have any questions or advice to share with our readers, please leave these in the comments below.
Want to share your own travel tips by guest writing for We Are Travel Girls? Go to our Contribute page for guidelines and to submit your article.
Read More About California
- West Hollywood & Beverly Hills Girls Getaway Guide
- Best Authentic Italian Restaurants In LA
- Santa Barbara Bucketlist
- Complete Guide To Newport Beach
- Ultimate Guide To Ojai