South Beach is a place I keep going back to year after year because it offers the perfect combination of beautiful beaches, warm weather, accessibility, great restaurants, and fun nightlife.
Earlier this month I spent a week at 1 Hotel South Beach with my family and was reminded yet again what a great destination Miami is for couples looking for a romantic getaway, friends looking to have a fun party weekend, or families looking to enjoy a beach vacation.
From my experience here are 28 of the best hotels and restaurants in South Beach, Miami.
MY FAVORITE LUXURY HOTELS IN SOUTH BEACH
1 HOTEL SOUTH BEACH
There are a lot of great hotels in South Beach but my favorite is 1 Hotel South Beach because I love their dedication to sustainably without sacrificing luxury and fun. Recently I put together a list of 20 Of The World’s Best Eco Hotels which I suggest checking out if you are looking for amazing luxury eco-hotels in other parts of the world, but if you are looking for the best luxury eco-hotel in Miami 1 Hotel South Beach is it.
Nature inspires everything here. All the rooms offer luxe eco amenities such as bamboo speakers, closet hangers made from recycled newspaper and in-room water filtration systems to remove the use of plastic bottles.
1 Hotel South Beach also has one of the best (adults only) rooftop pools in Miami where guests can enjoy lunch, drinks and dinner poolside, or in a private cabana with sweeping views of South Beach. For more information, you can read my full 1 Hotel South Beach review.
THE MIAMI BEACH EDITION
Another one of my favorite luxury hotels in South Beach is The Miami Beach EDITION. Located on a 3.5-acre private enclave stretching from Collins Avenue to the ocean shoreline, The Miami Beach EDITION is designed to feel intimate and glamorous.
Outside, guests can choose from two swimming pools and several dining options, all serving delicious food, and cocktails. And the poolside Bungalows offer the perfect balance of privacy and people-watching in a lush, tropical setting.
From the entrance to the beach, this luxury hotel offers quintessential South Beach charm. And the basement spaces are dedicated to fun: a dance club, a four-lane bowling alley, and a 2,000-square-foot ice-skating rink, all of which is open to the public for a small fee. For more information, you can read my full Miami Beach EDITION review.
W SOUTH BEACH
The W South Beach boasts sophistication and fun throughout, and is in a great beachfront location, right next to 1 Hotel, just a 10-minute walk to the shops, clubs and restaurants on Lincoln Road. Each of the 408 rooms here has a balcony overlooking the beach and a kitchenette. Bathrooms are large and modern with spacious marble countertops.
Wall nightclub here is a fun place to have a night out and Mr. Chow (though over-priced) is a popular spot to have upscale Chinese cuisine in an opulent setting.
While W South Beach is popular amongst families offering spacious rooms and a big pool, I personally think that 1 Hotel South Beach is better suited for family getaways and that this hotel is a better choice for a fun party weekend with friends. Rates start at $299 during the low season.
THE SETAI HOTEL MIAMI BEACH
If you are looking to have a quiet, romantic getaway I suggest booking The Setai Hotel Miami Beach. This ultra-luxurious 5-star hotel comes with a hefty price tag but it is the quietest hotel on South Beach and the perfect place to stay if you want to relax and unwind.
This hotel offers an Art Deco decor with Asian influences, creating an oasis of serenity in the heart of bustling South Beach.
MONDRIAN HOTEL SOUTH BEACH
Mondrian Hotel South Beach is removed from the main tourist zone, but is just a few minutes from the bustling center of South Beach, offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean, Biscayne Bay, and downtown Miami.
This photo below is the view of the bay from my friends’ condo who lives right next to the Mondrian Hotel. This gives you an idea of the beauty of the sunsets over the water that you’ll get to enjoy when staying here.
OTHER LUXURY HOTELS IN SOUTH BEACH
- GALE SOUTH BEACH
- SHORE CLUB
- BOULAN SOUTH BEACH
- THE BETSY HOTEL SOUTH BEACH
- COMO METROPOLITAN MIAMI BEACH
- THE RITZ-CARLTON SOUTH BEACH
MY FAVORITE UPSCALE RESTAURANTS IN MIAMI
DIEZ Y SEIS
CASA TUA RESTAURANT
Set in a post-industrial warehouse with a sophisticated nautical design combined with a killer surf and turf menu, delicious cocktails, and a lively atmosphere on the water, it’s no wonder Seaspice has become the lunch hot spot in Miami. I had lunch here with some friends and we lingered afterward, enjoying the day party vibe reminiscent of some of my favorite beach clubs in St Tropez.
If you are looking for excellent Greek food in South Beach Milos is the place to go!
HABITAT AT THE 1 HOTEL SOUTH BEACH
MATADOR ROOM AT THE MIAMI BEACH EDITION
OTHER GOOD UPSCALE RESTAURANTS IN MIAMI
- SCARPETTA: Scarpetta, located inside Fontainebleau Hotel, is a hip, upscale Italian restaurant offering delicious food and a lively scene. It has a similar vibe to STK but quieter.
- MR. CHOW: Mr. Chow inside W South Beach is overpriced but if you are looking for upscale Chinese food in an opulent setting this is the place to go in South Beach.
- BAOLI: Bâoli Restaurant & Lounge offers Asian American flavors in a lively setting, plus they have their own club offering a one-of-a-kind nightlife experience.
- FAENA: Inside Faena Hotel, Los Fuegos Restaurant offers award-winning Argentine cuisine and Pao Restaurant offers modern Asian cuisine with ocean views, ritzy decor.
South Beach, Miami Wrap Up
Have you been to South Beach, Miami? If you have any comments or questions, please leave these in the comments below.
Want to share your own travel tips by guest writing for We Are Travel Girls? Visit our Contribute Page for guidelines and to submit your article.
Book Your Stay In South Beach, Miami
- Find the best price at 1 Hotel South Beach here
- Find the best price at W South Beach here
- Find the best price at The Miami Beach EDITION here
- Find the best price at The Setai Hotel Miami Beach here
- Find the nest price at Mondrian Hotel South Beach here
- Search for the best prices on all hotels in Miami Beach here
Read More About Miami
- A Guide To Exploring Miami’s Design District
- The Best Things To Do In Florida
- 5 Fantastic Florida Kayak Escapes
- The Best Of Key West – Beyond Duval Street
- Dry Tortugas National Park: A Fortress In The Sea
- How To Have The Perfect Florida Keys Roadtrip
Pin For Later
This website may use affiliate links in our articles. Please see our Disclosures for more information.