Girls getaways happen all year round, but one of our favorite times of year to go on a girl’s trip is during fall. And there is nothing quite like a weekend or week-long getaway in the United States with your girlfriends during one of the prettiest times of the year!
Think of days hiking, drinking wine, relaxing on the beach, exploring a city, hitting the thriving nightlife, festivals, or visiting a spa.
With so many fabulous fall destinations to choose from, in this article, we have rounded up our top 20 girls’ getaways destinations in the US to get you excited for a weekend away with your girlfriends!
1) Vermont’s Green Mountain Byway to Stowe
The Green Mountain Byway is the road that connects Waterbury, Stowe, and the northern Green Mountains. Along the byway, you and your girl gang can enjoy hundreds of hiking trails amongst the beautiful fall foliage with vibrant shades of oranges and browns.
This 72-mile loop is excellent for fall girls getaways with over 100 miles of mountain bike trails, kayaking locations, hundreds of restaurants and breweries to stop at in small quaint and unique towns.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Vermont’s Green Mountain Byway to Stowe
- Spend an evening tasting locally produced beers.
- Take to the outdoors with mountain biking, hiking, and white water rafting.
- Explore a local town, get a sense of how the locals live, and learn about the area’s history.
Accommodation In Vermont’s Green Mountain Byway to Stowe For Groups
- Vermont Serenity a Mountain View – A beautiful cabin sleeping between 6 to 8 people, in three bedrooms overlooking the Mad River Valley.
- Luxury Home in The Stratton Mountain – This 5,000 square foot cabin can sleep up to 16 people in five bedrooms. This open floor plan cabin has four bathrooms and antique pine floors.
- The Mill Stream House – A 2,600 square foot house with big windows to admire the stunning views. The house can sleep 16 people in five bedrooms, with a stone fireplace and an outdoor jacuzzi.
2) Montauk, New York
Known for its incredible beaches, Montauk is located on the eastern tip of the Long Island Penninsula. Montauk is perfect for fall girls getaways with cooler weather but still warm enough to take to the water surfing or kayaking, laying on the beach, or taking a yoga class.
It’s a surfing town, family-friendly vacation spot, small fishing village, and a great girls’ weekend location all in one. In the fall Montauk is cheaper with fewer crowds than during the summer season, making it a great place to have a relaxing weekend break with your girlfriends.
Acai bowls, lunchtime margaritas, small coffee spots and a great sunset – Montauk has everything you need for an incredible girls getaway.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Montauk, New York
- Visit the 200-year old Montauk Lighthouse.
- Relax on an incredible beach, a great suggestion is Umbrella Beach.
- Watch the sunset over Fort Pond Bay.
Accommodation In Montauk, New York For Groups
- Hamptons Beach House – Located in the Amagansett Dunes, this four-bedroom house can sleep up to seven people comfortably. This vintage cottage has a large wrap-around terrace and a large outdoor swimming pool.
- Designer Home Close to Ocean Beaches – This five-bedroom house sleeps twelve people comfortably. Located on an acre of land this home has a large outdoor swimming pool, a spacious living room area with big windows out onto the pool area, and is just a short walk to the beach.
- Montauk Lakehouse – This 3,000 square foot lakehouse, sleep 10 people comfortably ideal for a fall girls getaway. The house has a large living, dining, and kitchen space great for hanging out with the girls.
The Pacific Northwest state of Oregon is well known for being diverse, with oceans, mountains, valleys, a high desert, cities, and small towns.
Whether your girl gang enjoys wine tasting in Willamette Valley, riding bikes through the colorful fall trails, exploring hiking trails, visiting national parks, or just exploring a city – Oregon has a destination and things to do to meet every girl’s group requirements.
For more great things to do in Oregon, read our articles on Why You Should Jump in at Crater Lake, Oregon and the 11 Best AirBnBs in Bend, Oregon!
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Oregon
- Spend a day exploring and visiting Mount Hood on a wine and waterfall tour.
- Eat your way around Portland on an underground donut tour. Stopping at four donut shops around the city and exploring the city as you go.
- Discover downtown Portland from the water on a dinner cruise.
Accommodation In Oregon For Groups
- The Sleepy Canoe – This cozy house is located on the Rogue River and has incredible views. This house can sleep up to 14 people with three bedrooms and has a large kitchen and dining room area, with an incredible view over the river.
- Rustic Ranch – The 200 square foot Rustic Ranch can sleep up to 10 people within three bedrooms. The ranch has a modern interior with lots of outdoor deck areas, along the Burnt River.
- Sunriver Resort – Located within the Caldera Springs Resort, this newly built home has four bedrooms and can sleep up to twelve people. The almost 3,000 square foot home has ample space for your girl’s getaway, with a Tuscan home feel.
- Luxury Cabin – With panoramic views of the water, this cabin is located in Coos Bay close to Charleston Harbor. With two bedrooms, sleeping six people very comfortably, making it an ideal place to stay for a small fall girls getaway.
4) Savannah, Georgia
Savannah is the perfect fall girls’ getaway destination with an abundance of activities and things to do around the city. The city has milder temperatures in the fall and fewer crowds than during other months, making it a more peaceful and relaxing time to visit.
During fall Savannah is filled with events everything from Oktoberfest, to the Savannah Jazz Festival, the Savannah Music Festival and more.
Savannah offers a whimsical southern escape for travelers no matter what the season and will give them the feeling of stepping back in time.
For more great things to do in Savannah, read our articles on A First Timer’s Guide To Savannah and Top 10 Things To Do In Savannah!
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Savannah, Georgia
- Take to the water on a scenic sunset cruise along the Savannah River.
- Explore the City Market and see open-air concerts, purchase art, or hand-made crafts.
- Play tourist by joining a hop-on/hop-off tour of the city.
Accommodation In Savannah, Georgia For Groups
- The Marshall House – Located in Historic Downtown Savannah, this hotel has both a restaurant and bar area ideal for relaxing after a day of exploring the city with your girls.
- The Drayton Hotel – With 50 rooms varying from suites to two queen rooms and king rooms, some with city views and some with river views. The hotel has two hotels and three bars and lounges and even a coffee shop. The hotel offers a luxurious place to stay on a fall girls getaway in Savannah.
- 1876 Charming Victorian Home – This two-story home can sleep up to 10 people in four bedrooms. Complete with traditional furniture, chandeliers, and a unique feel, this townhouse is great for a full Savannah experience.
5) Oxford, Mississippi
Oxford is located in the Northern Hills of Mississippi and is home to the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss). The city is considered the “Cultural Mecca of the South” by many travel publications, thanks to its rich history, small-town charm, and exceptional culinary experiences.
During the fall, the city hosts many events, including the Oxford Blue Festival, community markets, and Ole Miss football and basketball games.
Oxford has a diverse culinary scene with Chef John Currence’s four restaurants, BBQ grills, and lots of breakfast and brunch options, in addition to local traditional burger joints, great for dining out on a girl’s getaway.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Oxford, Mississippi
- Watch an Ole Miss football or basketball game.
- Visit the L.Q.C. Lamar House Museum, Civil Rights Memorial Mississippi and the Burns-Belfry Museum & Multicultural Center.
- Spend some time exploring downtown and visit the Town Square, boutique shops, art galleries, restaurants and museums.
Accommodation In Oxford, Mississippi For Groups
- Castle Hill at Oxford – This 3.5-star bed and breakfast has seven rooms in a variety of floor plans. This bed and breakfast has an outdoor swimming pool and beautiful gardens.
- Classic Townhouse – This three-bedroom townhouse can sleep up to seven people in a modern space. The townhouse has an open kitchen area, a small outside courtyard and a small upstairs balcony.
- Graduate Oxford – This four-star hotel has 136 rooms in a variety of layouts including suites, double rooms, and king rooms. The hotel also has a restaurant, a free shuttle and a gym.
6) Napa Valley, California
A list of top fall girls getaways destinations isn’t complete with a Californian wine destination, after all, wine and girls getaways go together like California and sunny weather – a non-negotiable. Two popular destinations for fall girls’ getaways are Napa and Sonoma Valley, and there’s a good reason why.
Tasting delicious local wines from the never-ending wineries while looking out over the naturally rolling hills is incredibly peaceful and beautiful to experience with your girl’s group. Once you have had your fill of wine, there are plenty of other things to do in Napa to occupy your time.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Napa Valley, California
- Take a hot air balloon trip over Napa Valley to see the incredible panoramic views of the vineyards, valleys, and landscape.
- Stomp grapes at the famous Sterling winery.
- Visit a winery and learn how they create wine – from grape to bottle.
Accommodation In Napa Valley, California For Groups
- Contemporary Mediterranean Villa in the Napa Valley – This six-bedroom villa is ideal for a large girls’ getaway in Napa Valley with the ability to sleep up to 10 people. The villa also has a swimming pool, a large open-light kitchen, and a dining room area, along with an outdoor kitchen and lounge area.
- Montecito Vista, – A 5 bedroom home just 1 mile from Oxbow Market and 1.2 miles from the tasting rooms, restaurants, and spas of Downtown Napa and Montecito.
- Downtown St. Helena historic designer home and guest house – Located two blocks from Main Street this house has three bedrooms making it ideal for a small girls group getaway. There is also a nice outdoor area with a small swimming pool, sun loungers, and an outdoor dining area.
Related Post: The Perfect Weekend Getaway To Napa Valley
7) Charleston, South Carolina
As one of the country’s oldest cities and the biggest city in South Carolina, Charleston has an incredible unique charm. Made up of 18th-century style houses, plantation houses, carriage rides, walks, and brunches.
It is also one of our favorite locations for a fall girls getaway, and it’s a great place to stock up on a month’s worth of Instagram content! With plenty of activities, including visiting the 18th Century Charleston mansions, shopping on King Street, walking through parks, and visiting one of Charleston’s many rooftop bars.
Charleston is a great and relaxing destination for a fall girls getaway with luxury day spas, colorful buildings, and charming streets that you can spend the day exploring.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Charleston, South Carolina
- Spend time exploring the city and go shopping for handcrafted products at the Charleston City Market or local produce at Charleston Farmers Market.
- Take a distillery tour and sample some locally produced hooch.
- Take to the water on a sunset or daytime cruise.
Accommodation In Charleston, South Carolina For Groups
- Charming Charleston Cottage Located Steps Away From King St/Historic District – This renovated three-bedroom house has beautiful exposed brickwork, a modern kitchen, and an open lounge area.
- Historic c.1856 Charleston home – Located in Charleston’s Cannonborough neighborhood which is home to some of the city’s most popular restaurants including Fuel, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Estadio, and Chubby Fish.
- Beautifully Renovated Chapel – A fully renovated chapel that has been converted to a 5-bedroom; 4 ½ bathroom home perfect for a fall girls getaway.
Related Post: 5 Tips To See Charleston In Detail
8) Asheville, North Carolina
Referred to as the Beer City of the USA, Asheville is filled with breweries and tasting rooms, with special and unique beers. But if beer isn’t your group’s thing there are plenty of other options. If your group is more into wine then you can visit the Biltmore Winery to taste some of the area’s finest wines.
Asheville, North Carolina is a perfect fall girls getaway location with plenty of things to do including shopping, learning about the city’s history, hiking, visiting wineries, spending time at a spa, or have a delicious long brunch.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Asheville, North Carolina
- Explore downtown Asheville where you can see the sights and purchase fine art, jewelry, and visit the boutique’s stores.
- Explore the city on an electrical bike tour of the city complete with some incredible views over the city.
- Spend the day on the water kayaking on the French Broad River.
Accommodation In Asheville, North Carolina For Groups
- 5 Star Luxury Near Downtown – This premium 1,900 square foot two-story is home has three bedrooms. Located close to downtown Asheville, wineries, and the Biltmore Estate, this is an excellent base for a small girls’ getaway.
- The Omni Grove Park Inn – This five-star resort located in Grove Park- Sunset has a choice of five restaurants, an indoor and outdoor swimming pool, a full-service spa, a golf course, and three bars. This resort has 513 rooms in a variety of layouts ideal for a relaxing girls’ getaway.
- Haywood Park Hotel – This hotel is located in Downtown Asheville and is a great location for relaxing fall girls getaways. The hotel has 33 rooms, a restaurant, a bar, a gym, and Egyptian cotton sheets.
9) Fairhope, Alabama
Located on the Mobile Bay shoreline, Fairhope is a boutique seaside resort with great dining options, nature preserves and lots of things to do on fall girls getaways.
Whether your girls enjoy strolling through nature preserves, spotting wildlife or relaxing on a nearby beach, Fairhope has activities for everyone.
The city is filled with rustic charm, cute cafes, galleries, brunch spots, boutiques and of course the Fairhope Municipal Pier. Some other great reasons to visit Fairhope are for the delicious family-run restaurants, the historical building of Oak Hollow Farm and the Rock Creek Golf Club.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Fairhope, Alabama
- Take a stroll down Fairhope Avenue, with independent stores, book stores, art galleries, and boutique fashion stores.
- Try one or more of the 15 local beers on tap at the Fairhope Brewing Company.
- Get out into nature and take your girl gang on a walk through the Village Point Park Preserve or the Gator Alley Boardwalk.
Accommodation In Fairhope, Alabama for Groups
- Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa – This upscale resort offers a full serviced spa, three restaurants, a 36-hole golf course, 10 tennis courts, one indoor swimming pool, and two outdoor swimming pools. Located close to Fairhope’s major attractions this hotel is great for a luxurious girls getaway.
10) Fredericksburg, Texas
Located in Texas Hill County, Fredericksburg offers a unique and excellent alternative to its neighbors Austin and San Antonio. With a small-town feel, Fredericksburg has some fantastic attractions to offer its visitors, from its German heritage wineries and National Museums.
Wineries might not be the first thing you think of when thinking about Fredericksburg or even Texas, but the area has over 40 wineries and tasting rooms within 30-miles of the city. Making it a great place to have a fall girls getaway if wine is your group’s drink of choice.
If wine isn’t your girl gangs drink of choice, there are plenty of other options including spirit distilleries, ciders, lots of cocktail options, and live music around every corner. For those who prefer a quieter girls trip, Fredericksburg is also close to the Enchanted Rock State Natural Area where you can hike, camp, or go rock climbing.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Fredericksburg, Texas
- Sample some local wine at one of the 40 wineries and tasting rooms within the area.
- Go shopping on the main street with lots of independent stores, antique stores, candy, and souvenirs.
- Imagine you are in Europe and sample some German-inspired food, think sausage, pretzels, and apple strudel.
Accommodation In Fredericksburg, Texas For Groups
- Fredericksburg Inn & Suites – Located within walking distance of restaurants and some of the cities major attractions, this hotel has a great central location. With two outdoor swimming pools, a lazy river, and 103 premium rooms, this is a great place to stay with your girl group.
- The Lodge Above Town Creek – With 16 different suites this hotel has a mixture of king suites and suites with a king bed and a queen sofa bed.
- Barons CreekSide – Located in a rural area outside of the city, this resort has a mix of rooms or cabins. There is also a restaurant and a bar for guests to enjoy.
11) Key West, Florida
Key West is a great fall girls’ getaway option with the warmer weather staying in the Florida Keys than other locations around the US. Key West is connected to the mainland via 48 bridges, and this island is a great place to undertake outdoor activities, watersports, visit beautiful beaches, and explore the historic Old Town streets.
A must-visit location is Mallory Square, one of the best places to be at sunset with great dining options and street performers. If you would prefer to take to the water, you can take a sunset cruise – the island has every option of boats from party boats to small catamarans. Key West sunsets are a big deal!
Key West has some of the best Key Lime pie in the world, but that’s not all they also have lots of other great food options to enjoy – especially if you love seafood or brunch!
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Key West, Florida
- Take to the water, whether on a boat trip, a paddleboard, sunset cruise, catamaran cruise, or an Eco Tour of the mangroves.
- Relax on a beach, Smathers Beach, Fort Zachary Taylor Beach, Higgs Beach, or Rest Beach are good options.
- Explore Duval Street with lots of dining options, shops, sample key lime pie, historic homes; the area also holds events and festivals throughout the year.
Accommodation In Key West, Florida For Groups
- Grand home in the Historic Seaport area – This Historic Seaport home has five bedrooms sleeping up to 10 people in ample space. The home is within walking distance of shops, restaurants, and the famous Duval Street is only three blocks away.
- Spectacular two-story beach house – With four bedrooms this beach house has enough space to sleep up to 8 people. This two-story home has an open plan layout with large bedrooms and a nice outdoor deck area.
- “Mango Margharita” home – Located just a block from Duval in the Old town this home is in an ideal location for your girl group to see all the local sights. Mango Margharita home also has a light and airy feel with a covered outdoor dining area, a swimming pool, and sun loungers.
- Parrot Key Hotel & Villas – This hotel has a mixture of villas, suites, and guestrooms some with waterfront views and others with garden views. The hotel has four outdoor swimming pools, beach access, and a fitness center.
Related Post: The Best Of Key West – Beyond Duval Street
12) Annapolis, Maryland
As one of the oldest cities in America, Annapolis is filled to the brim with history. Previously serving as the nation’s capital, the city has a significant number of historic buildings, landmarks, and museums.
Suppose your girl gang wants to find out more about the area. In that case, there are many great museums to visit, such as the Fort Meade NSA Cryptologic Museum, the Maryland State House, the Annapolis Maritime Museum, and the US Naval Academy Museum.
Annapolis also has some great outdoor activities and festivals during the fall, these include the Maryland Renaissance Festival, the Greenstreet Fall Festival, the Annapolis Boat Show, the United States Sailboat Show, and many more.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Annapolis, Maryland
- Take an incredible helicopter tour over Annapolis and Baltimore to see a bird’s eye view of the area.
- Visit the city’s famous museums, some great ones are the Fort Meade NSA Cryptologic Museum, the Annapolis Maritime Museum, and the US Naval Academy Museum.
- Take a stroll around the city’s historic district with buildings such as William Paca House and the Maryland State House.
Accommodation In Annapolis, Maryland For Groups
- Graduate Annapolis – This four-star hotel has 215 rooms in a mix of king rooms, queen rooms, twin rooms, and two twin rooms. The hotel is within walking distance of a large number of hotels and city attractions.
- Historic Inns of Annapolis – Located within the Historic District this hotel is close to many of the city’s main attractions.
- Downtown Annapolis House – Built in 1875 this historic home is located in the heart of downtown, close to Main Street, shops, and restaurants. The home has space to sleep 8 people on your girl’s getaway, in four bedrooms, with a modern feel.
13) Franklin, Tennessee
Fall is the perfect time to visit Franklin on a girl’s getaway, with the Gentry’s Farm pumpkins patches and farmers markets. You can even walk the 1.3 miles of Old Natchez Trace Garrison Creek Loop to enjoy the maple trees, white oaks, and beautiful fall colors.
Located just outside Nashville, Franklin offers a quieter and slower fall girls getaway option than Music City. Popular for hiking, bird watching, and wildlife spotting Timberland Park is a great option to get outside and explore the 72-acre park.
For the more adventurous of us, Franklin has lots of hot air balloon ride options, with rides over the city and surrounding area and even over Nashville.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Franklin, Tennessee
- For a drink with a view head to the Arrington Vineyards.
- Head to the Franklin Farmers Market to purchase locally grown fruit and vegetables, meats, and baked goods.
- Spend time exploring Downtown Franklin with boutique shops, art galleries, and beautiful historic buildings.
Accommodation In Franklin, Tennessee For Groups
- Alot Nashville Franklin – This 3-star hotel has a restaurant, indoor pool, and fitness center. This hotel has 143 rooms with a mix of king rooms and rooms with two queen beds.
- Craftsman’s Cottage – This modern and spacious home can sleep you and seven of your girlfriends in comfort and luxury with four bedrooms. The house also has a garden, an outdoor area, and a light and airy feel.
- The Franklin French Country Cottage – Located in downtown Franklin, close to Leipers Fork, and great restaurants. The cottage has three bedrooms one with a king, one with a queen and the third has a twin bed and two bunk beds.
14) Chicago, Illinois
Chicago is a great place for fall girls’ getaways, with the world-famous Millennium Park and the Bean, world-class museums, shopping on the Magnificent Mile, and many festivals and events.
As the third-largest US city, there is a lot to do and explore but the city also has a small-town feel and doesn’t feel overwhelming like other big cities. There is a series of public waterways, with riverfront cafes, restaurants, river taxis and river cruises throughout the city, which are a great alternative way to enjoy the city.
The cities skyline is best seen from above, either from a rooftop bar with cocktails or from the Willis Tower Chicago Skydeck (previously the world’s highest building).
We have many articles to help you make the most of your time in the city, so bookmark our The Perfect 3 Day Itinerary To Chicago, Illinois, and The Ultimate Chicago City Guide posts to plan your perfect trip!
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Chicago, Illinois
- Explore Millennium Park, a 24.5-acre park downtown, which hosts special events throughout the year. And see the world-famous Cloud Gate (the Bean).
- Have a girls cocktail night at a rooftop bar and admire the cities skyline.
- See the panoramic views from the 442-meter Willis Tower at the Chicago Skydeck, formally the world’s highest building.
Accommodation In Chicago, Illinois For Groups
- 5 Bedroom / 4.5 bathroom rental home – With five bedrooms this home can sleep up to 10 people comfortably. This 4,500 square foot home has a large deck area, wood floors, and an open-plan kitchen/dining area.
- Elegant Modernist Home – Located just steps from Wrigley and Lake Michigan. This ideally located mid-century townhouse is minutes from downtown shopping and museums.
- Stylish 6 Bedroom Home in Trendy Logan Square – This trendy home is ideal for a large girls’ getaway with 6 bedrooms, sleeping up to 16 people. Located in Logan Square this home is within a trendy neighborhood filled with bars and restaurants.
Related Post: The Ultimate Chicago City Guide
15) Denver, Colorado
You might think fall is a little early to visit Denver for a girls getaway, but this popular winter destination is also a beautiful and unique place to visit in the fall, with outdoor activities, world-class spas, and a thriving art district.
The Rocky Mountains aren’t just for skiing or snowboarding. In fall, they are also great for hiking, mountain biking and filled with natural wonders and colors.
Denver’s nightlife has a little of everything from live jazz, cocktail bars, wine bars, and the South of Colfax Nightlife District where your girl’s group can dance until the early hours. The city is also a foodies paradise with superb steakhouses, Asian cuisine, and lots of Vegan or Vegetarian options.
We love Denver any time of the year and we have a lot of great articles to make the most of your time in the city, so bookmark our Girls Getaway Guide to Denver and 10 Denver Attractions Not To Miss posts to plan your perfect trip!
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Denver, Colorado
- Visit a mountain resort or bar for après happy hour after your day on the mountain hiking or mountain biking.
- Check the event calendar as there is often a large number of events happening all around the city.
- Explore the city by taking a walk downtown, stopping at great shops, restaurants, and quaint coffee shops along the way.
Accommodation In Denver, Colorado For Groups
- Modern luxury 3 bedroom home – Located within Denver’s art district this home has a rooftop bar, fire pit, and an open plan living/ dining area.
- Clayton Members Club & Hotel – This beautiful hotel and resort is close to Cherry Creek Shopping Center. This hotel features six bars, a fitness center, pool bar, rooftop swimming pool, and 63 luxury rooms.
- Halcyon Hotel In Cherry Creek – Located within Cherry Creek this hotel is close to restaurants, bars, and a shopping center.
- The Ramble Hotel – Located in River North Art District, this hotel offers 50 rooms with various layouts, including king room, bunk rooms, and double queen rooms. There is also two restaurants, two bars, and a fitness center.
Related Post: The 11 Best AirBnBs in Denver, Colorado
16) Indianapolis, Indiana
As the largest city in Indiana, Indianapolis is well known for its fast cars, brewery scene, and the Colts NFL team.
But that’s not all, the city is filled with culture and history in the form of numerous museums such as the Indianapolis Museum of Art, the Lilly House and Gardens, the Eiteljorg Museum, the Indiana State Museum, and of course the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum.
Indianapolis also has a thriving and bustling nightlife scene for your girl’s getaway with unique bars including a vintage video arcade bar, Duckpin bowling, and ax throwing.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Indianapolis, Indiana
- Spend some time exploring Monument Circle.
- Take a walk along the three-mile Canal Walk in White River State Park.
- Tailgate and watch a Colts home football game
Accommodation In Indianapolis, Indiana For Groups
- Family Getaway – This 2,100 square foot house has three bedrooms and sleeps up to 8 people comfortably. Just five minutes from downtown this house is in the ideal location to explore the city.
- Manor on the Hill – If your looking for a nice place to stay outside the city with your girl’s group, this house is for you. With an ample open-plan indoor space and a large deck area surrounded by trees, this is a great place to relax and admire the colors of fall.
- Luxury Downtown Home – With 3,500 square feet of living space and four bedrooms, this house is excellent for a large girl gang getaway.
17) Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts
Martha’s Vineyard isn’t just a great summer destination. It’s the perfect girls’ getaway location in the fall too! With great weather, the start of scallop season, the Martha’s Vineyard Food and Wine Festival, and the Martha’s Vineyard Striped Bass & Bluefish Derby there is still lots to see and do even in fall.
The cooler fall temperatures make it nicer for exploring the area by bike with miles of trails for those who enjoy getting out and exploring. The weather is also still nice enough to spend time relaxing on the beautiful beaches with your girls and watching the sunset with a glass of wine or a cold beer.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts
- Spend some time exploring the incredible islands.
- Head to the beaches in Aquinnah, Chilmark, Edgartown, or West Tisbury.
- Visit the Edgartown Harbor Lighthouse.
Accommodation In Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts For Groups
- Mansion House Inn & Spa – If your looking for somewhere to relax, this is the place with a full-service spa, an indoor swimming pool, and 48 rooms.
- Habor View Hotel – Located just a 3-minute walk to the beach, and close to numerous restaurants, this hotel is in a great location to explore the area. With 114 rooms, a restaurant, a fitness center, and a large swimming pool, this hotel is an excellent base for a girl’s getaway.
- Sampson Hill Home – This home is more of a resort than a home, with a tennis court, basketball court, volleyball court, an indoor game room, and a large deck area. Sleeping up to 12 people in 6 bedrooms this house is ideal for a large girl’s getaway.
18) Catskill Mountains, New York
Just a two-hour drive from New York City, the Catskill Mountains are a great fall girls getaway to escape the city and enjoy a relaxing weekend in the mountains. These mountains are filled with amazing oranges and browns during fall, along with the same activities you would find during the summer months.
Ideal for a weekend break with your outdoor and adventurous girls, these mountains offer a great location for hiking, mountain biking, ziplining, the Skyride, and paddleboarding.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Catskill Mountains, New York
- Explore the outdoors on a hike in Catskill Park.
- Take the Skyride up into the mountains and admire the view from the top.
- Visit one of the many national parks, some great options are the Balsam Lake Mountain Wild Forest, the Esopus Bend Nature Preserve, the Catskill Scenic Trail, the Plattekill Mountain, and the Falling Waters Preserve.
Accommodation In Catskill Mountains, New York For Groups
- Shandaken Inn – Located just a three-minute walk to the Catskill Mountains, this hotel offers suites, king rooms, and queen rooms. This 15 room hotel has a swimming pool, a large deck area, and a garden.
- Modern Glass House – Ideal for large girls getaways this house is a slice of modern luxury in Hudson Valley. This house offers incredible views through the floor-to-ceiling windows, has a large deck area, and ample modern amenities.
- Large Mountain House – Located on an area covering four acres this 3,000 square foot house can sleep you and 11 of your closest friends. With both large indoor and outdoor spaces there’s enough room for everyone to relax.
19) Stowe, Vermont
No matter what the season Stowe is a unique and wonderful place to visit, but there is something special about visiting the area in the fall with the Mount Mansfield, Green Mountains peaks, and Worcester Range all in vibrant fall colors.
Stowe is home to the world-famous Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream Factory and who doesn’t want a girls getaway filled with Ben and Jerry’s ice cream, they go together like California and wine – a non-negotiable.
While fall might be a little early to take to the slopes there is plenty to do before the snow arrives, including hiking, seeing waterfalls in the Mount Mansfield State Park, and walking or biking along the Stowe Recreation Path.
For your fix of winter sports, you can head to the Vermont Ski and Snowboarding Museum to admire and learn all about snow skiing through the ages.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Stowe, Vermont
- Overload on ice cream at the Ben and Jerry’s factory or just take a guided factory tour and learn how the company operates behind the scenes.
- Eat fresh apple cider donuts and drink a delicious apple cider at the Cold Hollow Cider Mill.
- View the Stowe mountains from a zipline above the trees from Mount Mansfield.
Accommodation In Stowe, Vermont For Groups
- The Lodge at Spruce Peak – Located close to numerous hiking trails, restaurants, and the Smugglers Notch State Park, this is a great central location to explore the outdoors while also staying in luxury. With over 250 rooms this hotel also has a 36-hole golf course, two outdoor tennis courts, and an outdoor swimming pool.
- Green Mountain Inn – Located in Stowe this hotel has 104 rooms, a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and a bar.
- Field Guide Lodge – The Field Guide Lodge has just 30 rooms but they are all filled with up-to-date amenities. The hotel also has an outdoor swimming pool to relax in after a day of exploring, a spa tub, and a bar and lounge.
20) Jackson Hole, Wyoming
You might think fall is a little early to visit the winter destination of Jackson Hole for a girls getaway, but this destination is also a beautiful and unique place to stay in the fall, with outdoor activities, world-class spas, and incredible National Parks.
The fall colors in Jackson Hole give it a unique feel and welcoming feel. During fall there are also plenty of local events to enjoy, such as the Fall Arts Festival.
Imagine riding through the mountains on a fat tire bike with your girl gang, seeing wildlife on an eco-tour, or simply just relaxing at a family-run winery – whatever your ideal weekend getaway you can find something for everyone to enjoy in Jackson Hole.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- Take a tour of Yellowstone National Park and explore nature, wildlife, and exploding geysers.
- Feeling brave? Jump in a raft and head out on a white water rafting experience from Jackson.
- Take a tour of Grand Teton National Park and explore nature, wildlife, and rivers.
Accommodation In Jackson Hole, Wyoming For Groups
- Teton Mountain Lodge and Spa – With a mix of guest rooms, one and two-bedroom suites, this hotel offers 145 guestrooms within this luxury resort. The hotel is the place to go for a relaxing spa retreat with five spa tubs and a full-service spa. The resort also has a restaurant and an indoor swimming pool.
- Hotel Terra Jackson Hole – Located within Teton Village, this hotel is close to Granite Canyon, Death Canyon, and the Laurance Rockefeller Preserve.
- The Lexington at Jackson Hole – This hotel is located within walking distance of several hotels and the city’s main attractions.
- Elk Country Inn – With rooms sleeping up to six guests this hotel is an excellent choice for a fall girls getaway in Jackson Hole. The hotel also has a swimming pool and offers complimentary breakfast.
Related Post: The 13 Best AirBnBs in Jackson Hole
Fall Girls Getaways Wrap Up
There you have it, our top 20 destinations for a fun fall girls getaway!
Was your favorite included in the list? Let us know your picks for the best US girls getaway destinations for fall!
We hope that this article has inspired you to go on a fall girls getaways. If you have any questions about the destination or have your own travel tips to share, please leave these in the comments below.
Want to share your own travel tips by guest writing for We Are Travel Girls? Go to our Contribute page for guidelines and to submit your article.
Read More Girls Getaway Guides
- 15 Best California Girls Getaway Destinations
- Top 10 Winter Girls Getaways Destinations In Europe
- Ultimate Girls Getaways For 2021
We Are Travel Girls Founder Becky van Dijk of BeckyvanDijk.com
Connect with Becky Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | YouTube
Pin For Later
This article may contain affiliate links, if you purchase something using one of our links we may receive a commission. Please see our Disclosures for more information.
Melanie, LuckEleven Travel says
I go to Asheville with my girls every year- it’s the BEST getaway!!!! Fall is especially sweet, just bring an umbrella because you never know when the rain will hit!