The Hamptons is a collection of seaside communities located on the South Fork of eastern Long Island and is a popular summer destination. The area boasts long stretches of beautiful beaches and farmland, quaint towns and charming villages.
You can admire the 18th-century shingle buildings and estates hidden behind tall boxwood hedges. East Hampton, one of the towns in the area, is home to high-end restaurants, bars and designer boutiques, making it a popular spot for those seeking luxury and sophistication.
If you’re looking to plan an incredible girls’ getaway on the East Coast, look no further. If you are looking for a fun-filled beach getaway, the Hamptons should be at the top of your list of places to have your bachelorette party.
Here’s our ultimate Hamptons bachelorette party guide with the best activities, brunch spots, picturesque locations, hidden gems and more.
Top Things To Do On A Hamptons Bachelorette Party
Filled with activities from horseback riding, golf, surfing, hiking, walks and beautiful beaches to enjoy – all surrounded by 18th-century buildings and luxury houses, the Hamptons is a great fun-filled destination for a bachelorette party.
There are many great things to do in the Hamptons for a bachelorette party guide. To help you plan the perfect vacation, here are our top 10 things to do on a bachelorette party in the Hamptons:
1) Have A Go At Surfing With Your Girls
Have a go at surfing at Coopers Beach or Ditch Plains, which are considered by many as some of the best beaches in the region.
Long Island has an exclusive beach break coastline, with almost no exceptions, except for a few concealed shoreline reefs closer to the shore. This means there is a lot for beginners to learn and practice, especially during the summer when ankle-high waves are expected.
2) Spend An Afternoon Wine Tasting
If you’re looking for a fun activity with your friends, a great option is a wine-tasting experience. Wölffer Estate is a highly recommended winery that offers a diverse range of award-winning wines.
It’s located in Sagaponack and the estate also features a farm stand that sells locally grown produce and wine, an estate-to-table restaurant and a tasting room.
3) Visit One Of The Hamptons’ Unique Museum
Shinnecock Nation Cultural Center and Museum, or the Parrish Art Museum located within a watermill. The Parrish Art Museum aims to inspire people through art and their fantastic collection and beautiful space will leave you in awe.
The museum is situated on over 25 acres of land. It features a diverse collection of work by American artists such as Jackson Pollock and Willem de Kooning, as well as European artists like Picasso and Monet.
4) Relax On A Beach
There are plenty of great beaches in the area. Coopers Beach, Montauk’s Kirk Park Beach, Cupsogue Beach County Park and Westampton Island are all excellent choices. If you’re interested in surfing, boogie boarding, or fishing, head to Ditch Plains in Montauk.
Fort Pond Bay Beach in Montauk is the perfect spot for a leisurely stroll along the stunning shoreline. Coopers Beach in Southampton Village is the place to be if you’re looking for a livelier atmosphere.
With breathtaking water views and plenty of people-watching opportunities, Coopers has something for everyone. You can even rent chairs and umbrellas here and get some food from the snack bar.
5) Go Out For Fresh Seafood
The Hamptons are filled with restaurants, shacks and rooftop decks, all serving locally caught seafood, making it a great place to dine out with your girls, try new dishes and enjoy oceanfront views.
6) Spend Some Time Outdoors at LongHouse Reserve
LongHouse Reserve is a 16-acre property surrounded by stunning nature, with over 70 outdoor sculptures and beautiful plants. The reserve showcases an impressive collection of art installations and sculptures created by some of the world’s most renowned artists.
As you and your girls stroll through the gardens of LongHouse Reserve, you will encounter breathtaking sculptures by artists such as Yoko Ono, Buckminster Fuller, Sol LeWitt, and Willem de Kooning.
In addition to the sculptures, the reserve encompasses four acres of perennial gardens home to a variety of colorful flowers, plants, and other flora that bloom all year round.
7) Explore Montauk State Park
Explore Montauk Point State Park and see the first-ever lighthouse ever built in New York State. Constructed in 1796, this beacon has been fully automated since 1986, and it still shines brightly to guide all ships passing through the area.
Be prepared for a climb of 137 steps to reach the top, so wear your comfortable shoes. However, the steps are worth it, as the breathtaking views from the top will leave you amazed. On a clear day, you might even be able to see Connecticut!
8) Hire Bikes And Explore The Area
You can rent a bike to explore the beautiful shoreline and discover the charming communities and hamlets. A trip to Hither Hills is a must for nature enthusiasts looking for things to do in the Hamptons.
This 16.5-mile trail runs through Hither Hills State Park and connects Montauk with Napeague and other trails like the Montauk Point Lighthouse Bike Trail and Gin Beach Bike Trail within the park.
9) Spend Some Time At The Amagansett Farmers Market
The Amagansett Farmers Market is a must-visit attraction in the Hamptons.
Although it’s only open for a few months each year, the open-air market offers various farm-fresh produce, freshly caught seafood, artisanal baked goods, homemade jams, fresh flowers and plants, locally sourced honey, and many other delights.
It’s a perfect place to experience the local culture and enjoy high-quality food in a casual atmosphere.
10) Enjoy Fresh Oysters At Greenpoint Fishing Village
The Hamptons offer many options for fine dining and fancy wine, but nothing compares to the experience of indulging in fresh, salty oysters directly from the bay.
Greenport Fishing Village is one of the best places to enjoy freshly shucked oysters or even a full meal with them baked into a casserole.
Best Tours In The Hamptons For A Bachelorette Party
The Hamptons offer a variety of enjoyable tours for exploring the area. For a bachelorette party, here are two great options:
- Discover the beauty of Long Island’s North Fork on a guided bike tour from Mattituck, where you’ll stop at two vineyards and enjoy two flights of wine and herb-infused oil and fine vinegar tastings.
- Take a leisurely guided bike ride through the coastal sights of the North Fork peninsula. Depart from Mattituck to visit a local vineyard and the quaint shops of Love Lane, with artisanal food tastings.
Best Hotels In The Hamptons For A Bachelorette Party
The Hamptons have many exceptional hotels, ideal for bachelorette party groups. These hotels offer impressive amenities like rooftop pools, aesthetically pleasing bedrooms and unlimited brunches.
Here are the top ten hotels in the Hamptons that are perfect for bachelorette celebrations!
- The Shoals Suites and Slips is within walking distance of the Southold Fish Market and within driving distance of vineyards and beaches.
- Sag Harbor Inn is a 3.5-star hotel with complimentary breakfast, an outdoor swimming pool and free self-parking. The hotel has 42 rooms and is located in Sag Harbor.
- Southampton Inn is located in Southampton, close to the National Golf Course, the Southampton Cultural Center and the Southampton Historical Museum.
- Topping Rose House is a luxury hotel with a full-service spa, individual cottages, houses and studios. The hotel is located in Bridgehampton, close to the Wolffer Estates Vineyard.
- Greenporter Hotel is located in Greenport, close to 67 Steps Beach and Sunset Beach. This hotel has 34 individually furnished rooms, an outdoor swimming pool and a 24-hour gym.
- East Hampton House Resort is a 3-star hotel in East Hampton. The hotel has 52 rooms, including studios, deluxe studios and suites. Some rooms have kitchens and can sleep up to four guests.
- The Maidstone is a 4-star hotel located in East Hampton. The upscale hotel offers free bicycle rental and has 19 individually furnished rooms.
- The Bentley Hotel Southampton has 40 individually furnished rooms that can sleep up to six people in a luxury 609 sq ft suite. This hotel has a garden and outdoor swimming pool and is located close to multiple beaches.
- Journey East Hampton offers an outdoor swimming pool, free bicycle rental, parking and beach towels. The hotel has 25 rooms with premium bedding and free wifi.
- Montauk Yacht Club is located in Montauk and is within walking distance of Lake Montauk and the Hamptons Beaches. This resort has a private beach, two outdoor swimming pools, four tennis courts, a poolside bar and a marina.
You can also check out our guide to the best Airbnbs and vacation rentals in the Hamptons.
Best Restaurants In The Hamptons For A Bachelorette Party
With so many excellent restaurants in the Hamptons, it can be hard to choose where to dine, with an array of restaurants from taco stands to elegant dining experiences and everything in between.
Here are our suggestions for ten of the best restaurants in the Hamptons for bachelorette parties.
- Doubles – Located in Amagansett Square, Doubles serves quick, high-quality Caribbean food with both indoor and outdoor picnic benches.
- Lulu – This restaurant in Sag Harbor offers white tablecloths and friendly service. Try their wood-fired dishes like melted camembert and roasted cauliflower with grapes.
- The Clam Bar – The menu offers oysters, clams and even whole lobsters. The restaurant’s all-outdoor setting is perfect for dining before or after a beach visit, and they also have a great selection of wine and beer.
- Rosie’s – Rosie’s is a popular spot located in the heart of Amagansett. The restaurant serves breakfast and lunch daily and offers dinner on Thursdays through Sundays. It’s the perfect place to grab an iced coffee or a glass of rosé and people-watch.
- Elaia Estiatorio – With an extensive selection of wines and cocktails and a vast food menu, Elaia is arguably the best Greek restaurant in the Hamptons.
- Hampton Chutney Co – If you’re looking for a casual yet excellent lunch spot that’s a little different from other places in the Hamptons, this fast-casual Indian restaurant is your best bet. Since 1997, they’ve been serving an extensive menu of homemade dosas and uttapams with traditional and fillings, along with daily specials.
- Si Si – If you’re looking for a place to enjoy a sunset cocktail in East Hampton, Sí Sí is the perfect spot. Located at East Hampton Point in Three Mile Harbor, they use local, seasonal ingredients in dishes like paella and paccheri verde.
- The Seafood Shop – At first glance, this old-fashioned fish market might not appear to be one of the most popular restaurants in the Hamptons. However, once you enter the small 50-year-old store and make your way to the back, you’ll discover a truly unique dining experience.
- Rumba – This waterfront eatery in Hamptons Bay provides an exciting and underrated dining experience. Located right on Shinnecock Bay, guests can enjoy colorful and kitschy decor while sipping on delightful coconut mojitos as they watch the sunset.
- Calissa – This Hamptons favorite offers Mediterranean cuisine in a picturesque garden. Enjoy an extensive rosé selection and craft cocktails.
Best Bars In The Hamptons For A Bachelorette Party
The Hamptons has a reputation for having many excellent bars where coastal charm meets lively nightlife. Whether you’re looking for a sophisticated cocktail lounge or an enthusiastic local dive, there’s something to suit every palate in the Hamptons.
Here are eight of the best bars in the Hamptons for bachelorette parties:
- The Station Bar -For those looking for the perfect spot to enjoy a refreshing cocktail while feeling the sand between their toes and savoring the freshest seafood, The Station Bar is the place to be in the Hamptons. The bar offers a wide selection of beer taps that showcase local craft breweries and some signature favorites, and the choice is constantly changing.
- North Sea Tavern – North Sea Tavern is a trendy bar located in Southampton. The menu includes craft cocktails, small plates and entrees. On weekends, a DJ plays a set or two, making it the perfect spot for a night out.
- The Surf Lodge – Located in Montauk, The Surf Lodge is a popular spot for live music and cocktails. With its waterfront location, visitors can enjoy beautiful views of Fort Pond, while the outdoor seating area provides the ideal setting for a summer evening.
- Brix & Rye – At Brix & Rye, everyone can enjoy fancy drinks in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
- Montauk Brewing Company – For a laid-back bar experience, look no further than Montauk Brewing Company. This bar is situated steps from the surf, bringing a true Montauk spirit to life.
- The Sloppy Tuna – The Sloppy Tuna is one of the most beach-themed bars in Montauk, situated almost right on the sand. During the day, patrons wearing bathing suits can be seen on the second-floor balcony, enjoying the beautiful beach views. At night, the party starts with a dance floor where people dance to throwback and top 40s music.
- Duryea’s – Duryea’s is a popular all-day Montauk spot, perfect for brunch or post-dinner drinks.
- Lynn’s Hula Hut – Lynn’s is in a parking lot, but don’t let that discourage you from considering it a perfect starting point for a memorable night out. The primary attraction of this place is the fantastic and visually appealing tiki drinks, which are sure to give you a bang for your buck. Additionally, live music is performed every weekend to add to the vibrant atmosphere.
How To Get To The Hamptons
One of the things that makes the Hamptons an ideal destination for bachelorette parties is that it is easily accessible by direct flight from several cities around the United States.
The closest airports to the Hamptons are New York’s airports, John F Kennedy International Airport (JFK), which is approximately 80 miles from East Hampton, or LaGuardia Airport (LGA), which is about 85 miles from East Hampton.
Both airports serve international and domestic flight routes. JFK has a huge number of international daily flights from all around the world and LaGuardia serves a significant number of domestic ways.
You can get an Uber, taxi or rent a car to get to the Hamptons from either airport.
Best Time Of Year To Have A Hamptons Bachelorette Party
The Hamptons is a great city to visit for a bachelorette party year-round. There isn’t a wrong time to visit the Hamptons, but if you don’t like crowds, avoid the high season during the peak summer months.
The best time to visit the Hamptons is May and September for cheaper prices and fewer crowds.
Hamptons Bachelorette Party Ultimate Guide Wrap Up
I hope you’ve found this Hamptons bachelorette party guide helpful. If you have questions about The Hamptons or tips for our readers, please leave these in the comments below!
And if you’re interested in visiting other areas in this beautiful state, you can check out all our bachelorette guides for inspiration or our US bachelorette party guide for other party destination ideas.
We hope that this article has inspired you to visit the Hamptons for a bachelorette party. If you have questions or advice to share with our readers, please leave these in the comments below.
Want to write for We Are Travel Girls? Visit our Contribute Page to submit your article.
Read More About US Bachelorette Guides
- The Ultimate Joshua Tree Bachelorette Party Guide
- The Ultimate Napa Valley Bachelorette Party Guide
- The Best Fall Girls Getaways In The USA
- The 12 Best Summer Girls Getaways In The USA
- Girl Getaway Guide to Moab, Utah
Pin For Later
This article may contain affiliate links, if you purchase something using one of our links we may receive a commission. Please see our Disclosures for more information.