Austin is a popular destination in the US for a bachelorette party. Austin has the thriving nightlife of 6th Street combined with fun outdoor activities and year-round sunshine, the perfect combination for any bachelorette party.
A bachelorette party in Austin is filled with shopping in the West Sixth District, live music, museums, or drinking on a patio at one of the great coffee shops.
In Austin, you can find many hiking spots (Mount Bonnel is an excellent choice), farmers markets, food trucks, distilleries and rooftop cocktail bars.
If you’re looking to plan an incredible girls’ getaway in the US, look no further – Austin should be No.1 on your list of places to have your bachelorette party weekend if you are looking for a chilled city trip or want to take your girls on the town.
We share the best bachelorette activities, places to brunch, picturesque spots, hidden gems and more in this ultimate bachelorette guide to Austin.
Things To Do On An Austin Bachelorette Party
Austin is such a fun, up-and-coming city, gaining traction over the last few years as a party city. With so much to do in addition to the live music, it is hard to narrow it down to a top 10 things to do for a bachelorette – but I have tried! Here are some of the best things to do in Austin on your girls getaway!
1) Visit The 350-acre Zilker Park
The Zilker Park has ample hiking trails, biking trails, and even a natural swimming pool to enjoy. It is the perfect place to spend the day relaxing after a heavy night out or just chilling with a picnic. The park also has small boat rentals and a botanical garden to explore.
2) Listen To Live Music
Grab your girls and head to a bar to watch some live music and have some drinks. Live music can be found almost everywhere in Austin, with ample live musicians performing nightly throughout the city. So why not grab your girl gang and head out on the town and enjoy some up-and-coming artists performing your favorite songs.
3) Take A Photo In Front Of The “Greetings From Austin” Mural
The “Greetings From Austin” mural has become an iconic landmark and must-visit Instagrammable spot.
4) Take A Tour Of The Texas State Capitol Building
The Texas State Capitol Building is one of the most recognizable buildings in the state. A great way to spend 30-minutes of your group’s time while exploring downtown Austin is by taking a tour of the Capitol building. The tours are free and give you the chance to explore the inside of the building. You can also visit the gardens and capitol grounds.
5) Sample Some Of Austin’s Famous Barbecue
No trip to Texas or Austin would be complete without tasting some classic Texas barbecue. If barbecue isn’t your thing, check out the ample other dining options, including the city’s famous tacos, or visit a traditional food truck. Austin also has some world-class coffee shops.
6) Take A Trip Downtown To Explore The Sights
Downtown Austin is filled with things to see and do. You can visit the Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum or Lyndon Baines Johnson Library and Museum or take a guided tour of the famous landmarks within the city.
7) Walk Around The Zilker Botanical Garden
The Zilker Botanical Garden is considered a jewel in the middle of Austin. The botanical gardens have 28 acres of diverse fauna and flora surrounded by walking trails and themed gardens.
8) Watch The Sunset On The Congress Avenue Bridge
Who doesn’t love to watch a sunset? Some great places to watch the sunset are from a rooftop bar with a cocktail in hand or with a view of the Congress Avenue Bridge and the city’s skyline. If you decide to watch the sunset over or from the bridge, you can also see the bats fly out from underneath the bridge just after sunset.
9) Walk, Run, Or Bike On The 10-Mile Ann & Roy Butler Lady Bird Lake Trail
One of the most popular recreation areas for locals is the Ann & Roy Butler Lady Bird Lake Trail. This trail is a path that winds around the city, following the river and through the neighborhoods and cultural centers of the city.
10) Head Out To One Of Austin’s Plethora Of Brunch Spots
No bachelorette party weekend would be complete without at least one-morning brunch. Austin is filled with unique and wonderful brunch options from Mexican to Asia and, of course, the classic Southern-style brunch. What rounds off a bachelorette better than a boozy brunch with endless cocktails, delicious food, and bottomless mimosas?
Best Tours In Austin For A Bachelorette Party
There are plenty of fun tours in Austin. Here are five that are great for a bachelorette party!
- If your group is made up of active girls, you can spend 2-hours cycling around the city on a sightseeing bike tour. This will give your group the chance to explore the city’s famous landmarks and see the city from a unique perspective.
- If cycling isn’t your group’s thing, you can always take a 2-hour guided tour to see the city’s sights with transportation in a luxury vehicle.
- Nothing goes together better than wine and a girls getaway, so take a trip to a local winery and ranch to step back in time and try some local wines.
- For something a little different, your group can spend the evening on a true crime pub crawl, where you will get to hear true crime stories from around Austin and visit three rooftop cocktail bars.
- Head outside of the city for the day to visit two Texan wineries and try some incredible BBQ food on a Hill County BBQ and winery tour.
Best Hotels In Austin For A Bachelorette Party
There are so many great hotels in Austin to choose from and a handful that seriously cater to the bachelorette party groups with rooftop pools, Instagrammable bedrooms and bottomless brunches. Here are 10 of the best hotels in Austin for a bachelorette party!
- Hotel Ella – A luxury hotel in downtown Austin.
- The Line Austin – This hotel is ideally located within a three-minute walk to Lady Bird Lake and so many other fantastic attractions.
- Arrive Austin – Comfortable rooms in the business district, ideal if you want to soak up the culture! Within great proximity to Paramount Theater and George Washington Carver Museum.
- Fairmont Austin – Located in downtown Austin close to the boardwalk, connected to the convention center. There is a mixture of suites and guestrooms – sleeping up to four people with a king, queen, and sofa beds.
- The Driskill – Close to the Austin Station, this hotel makes it easy to travel around the city. The hotel has a fitness center, bar and lounge, and over 189 rooms with modern amenities.
- Tommie Austin – Just a one-minute walk from 6th Street with bars, restaurants, coffee shops and the city’s attractions. This downtown hotel has an outdoor pool, a restaurant and bar, Egyptian cotton sheets and modern amenities.
- The LINE Austin – With the P6 rooftop bar located within the hotel, this is a great place to stay with your girl group. The hotel has an incredible 428 rooms, three restaurants, an outdoor pool, bars and lounges, a fitness center and free bike rental.
- South Congress Hotel – Located within the South Congress neighborhood of Austin, this hotel is close to several restaurants and attractions. While the hotel has plenty of amenities of its own, with an outdoor swimming pool, three bars and three restaurants.
- JW Marriott Austin – This JW Marriott comes with everything you would expect to find in a Marriott and more. This hotel has king and queen rooms, three restaurants, a full-service spa, an outdoor pool and bars and lounges.
- Hotel ZaZa Austin – With a mix of premium and standard rooms, this hotel has something for every budget, in addition to other great amenities, including an outdoor swimming pool, spa, two restaurants and three bars.
You can also check out our guide to the best Airbnbs and vacation rentals in Austin.
Best Brunch Spots In Austin For A Bachelorette Party
Brunching in Austin, like food in general, is serious business. New venues are popping up every week, so there are plenty to choose from.
- Jade Restaurant – For a unique brunch a little different from the norm, visit the Jade Restaurant – an Asia restaurant with influences from China, Vietnam and Japan. This restaurant offers Dim Sum on Saturday and Sunday with a large selection of buns, dumplings, pancakes and cake.
- The Peached Tortilla – This Asia restaurant with a Southern twist offers a unique brunch menu that includes charred Brussels, Korean Steak and eggs, brisket hash and whipped Nutella toast.
- Better Half Coffee and Cocktails – A brunch menu consisting of a breakfast sandwich, chicken biscuit, pumpkin French toast and all your home-cooked favorites. Along with mimosas, bloody mary’s and your favorite cocktails.
- Perla’s – For a little more of an upscale brunch, head to Perla’s with their oysters and seafood dishes, along with traditional brunch favorites. Think buttermilk pancakes and Espelette Shrimp and Blue Crab Gumbo.
- Mattie’s – Head to Mattie’s for your Southern-style brunch favorites, including buttermilk biscuits, avocado toast and of course biscuits and gravy.
- El Naranjo – This Mexican restaurant has a brunch menu with a Mexican twist. You will find your Mexican favorites on the menu, including tacos, Rancheros, quesadillas and enchiladas.
- District Austin – For lunch with an Eastern theme, head to District Austin for brunch consisting of bacon beignets, hummus, shakshuka and salmon and avocado toast.
Best Restaurants In Austin For A Bachelorette Party
With so many excellent restaurants in Austin, it can be hard to choose where to dine. Here are our suggestions for 10 of the best restaurants in Austin for bachelorette parties.
- Garrison Grill – For a more upscale meal during your bachelorette weekend head to Garrison Grill with a unique and wonderful tasting menu, with Texas Post Oak flame-grilled main courses, along with an extensive wine menu, all within a relaxed luxury dining experience.
- 40 North – This restaurant will be your new favorite pizza joint. This is a great casual dining location with a relaxed neighborhood feel and incredible wood-fire pizzas.
- Veracruz All Natural – Look no further than Veracruz All Natural for authentic Mexican dishes. The menu consists of all your familiar favorites, including quesadillas and tacos, all made with high-quality ingredients.
- Barley Swine – This restaurant has a changing menu with a tasting menu inspired by Texas flavors. Be sure to try the caramelized fennel ice cream – you won’t be disappointed.
- Clarks Austin – For the best oysters in the city, head to Clarks Austin, with a large variety of oysters dishes, along with ceviche, octopus, shrimp and crab.
- Kemuri Tatsu-ya – Unlike anything else in Austin, this izakaya-meets-smokehouse restaurant is the perfect blend of Austin and Japan with shareable dishes, smoked ribs, brisket, along with poke and ceviche.
- Perry’s Steakhouse – This upscale steakhouse combines urban hip, live music and incredible food. The restaurant also has a patio and cocktail bar.
- Franklin Barbecue – No list of restaurants would be complete without a Texas barbecue restaurant. And Franklin Barbecue is one of the best award-winning, in fact.
- El Naranjo – You will find your Mexican favorites on the menu, including tacos, Rancheros, quesadillas and enchiladas.
- Better Half Coffee and Cocktails – Head to this all-day cafe for incredible coffee, great cocktails, and various menu items from burgers to ribs and even ramen.
Best Rooftops In Austin For A Bachelorette Party
There are plenty of rooftop bars in Austin with incredible views. Almost every bar has an amazing city skyline view and offers unique and wonderful cocktails.
But not all rooftops are created equal, and there are some fancier, chic rooftops to visit during your bachelorette party.
- Azul Rooftop Bar and Lounge – Located 20 floors up with the Westin Austin Downtown, this rooftop bar is the highest in Austin. This bar has an outdoor terrace, a swimming pool and, of course, cozy firepits.
- Zanzibar – This rooftop bar is an escape seven floors up, with incredible skyline views and fresh and fruity rum cocktails along with your traditional favorites. The Zanzibar is a tropical paradise with outdoor fireplaces, fire pits, lounge chairs, and even a swimming pool.
- P6 at the Line – This former parking garage has been transformed into an intimate lounge serving seasonal cocktails, along with Mediterranean food and brunches. This bar is also a great place to watch the sunset with cocktails in hand.
- Rules and Regs – This Latin American-style rooftop bar transports you from Austin to your favorite Latin American destination with small plates, cocktails and Latin flavors. It is located seven floors up in Fairmont, Austin.
- Upstairs at Caroline – Imagine your favorite backyard party. What would you include? Maybe corn hole, giant Jenga, and a koozied beer, well that’s exactly what you get at this rooftop bar. Each day has a special theme at this bar, from the traditional Taco Tuesday to Hump Day Happy Hour Wednesday and Thirsty Thursday with specials and your favorite draft beers and cocktails.
- 77 Degrees – Covering not one but three floors, this rooftop bar is one of a kind, with specialty cocktails and tapas dishes. This rooftop bar is straight out of Vegas with a modern vibe and even a dancefloor.
- Maggie Mae’s – Located on the infamous 6th Street, Maggie Mae’s is one of the oldest bars in the city, open since 1978. With two floors, a rooftop bar, an indoor bar and a courtyard, this bar is known for its live music.
Best Bars In Austin For A Bachelorette Party
Austin has been putting its name on the map for having a plethora of great watering holes, especially on 6th Street. From chic, upscale cocktail bars to fun local dive bars, there is something for every taste in Austin.
From our local experience, here are 10 of the best bars in Austin for bachelorette parties.
- Higher Ground – This bar has quickly become one of Austin’s hottest hangouts since its opening in 2021 – with a combination of restaurant, bar and nightclub; it’s easy to see why.
- Garage – This small cocktail bar is located between 5th and 6th and Colorado Street within a parking garage. This is a great place to visit with your girls, with a raw concrete interior and a selection of classic and custom cocktails.
- Drink. Well – This award-winning cocktail bar is a typical neighborhood bar with fresh cocktails and Asia-inspired drinks. With only 40 seats, capacity is limited, so get there early to avoid disappointment, especially if you have a big girl gang.
- The White Horse – Austin is not short of live music and the White Horse is a great place to get your fix. Think classic bar turned nightclub with no windows. It’s easy to lose your sense of time on the dancefloor when listening to all varieties of live music.
- Kitty Cohen’s – Step back in time to the 1970s with a visit to this cocktail bar. Channel your inner Palm Springs pool party and you won’t be disappointed. Frozen drinks, cocktails, Aperol spritzes, and even a swimming pool.
- Geraldine’s – This fourth-floor restaurant, bar, rooftop lounge and live music venue all rolled into one is a great place to stop for a Texas Sunburn cocktail and an incredible view of the city.
- The Well – With a combination of wellness and alcohol, this is the place to go for healthy and organic drinks. With organic wine, pressed juice cocktails, and matcha tea, there is a happy hour Wednesday thru Sunday with half-price alcoholic beverages, including wine by the bottle.
- Codependent Cocktails and Coffee – Inspired by Italian luxury and the Aperitif culture, this cocktail and coffee bar is all about design. There is something for everyone with a sophisticated setting ideal for having a glass of wine or relaxing on the comfortable sofas outside.
- Here Nor There – Entry is only available by invitation (by making a reservation on their app), making this place a unique and special craft cocktail lounge. Each drink reflects a place and every intricate detail has been well thought through.
- Tiki Tatsu-Ya – Imagine tiki bar come world-class dining, and you’ll be impressed by this bar. With drinks served in unique cups shaped like ice cream cones, decorated mugs, bamboo-style cups, a cobra and even a boat!
How To Get To Austin
One of the things that makes Austin an ideal destination for bachelorette parties is that it is easily accessible by direct flight from several cities around the United States.
The airport is Austin–Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) which is around a 15-minute drive to downtown without traffic. You can pick up an Uber at the airport, take the metro or rent a car.
Best Time Of Year To Have An Austin Bachelorette Party?
Austin is a great city to visit for a bachelorette party year-round. There isn’t a wrong time to come to the city. But if you don’t like humidity and hot weather, avoid the peak summer.
Austin experiences a very hot summer with high humidity, which can make it a little uncomfortable.
Austin Bachelorette Party Ultimate Guide Wrap Up
I hope you’ve found this Austin bachelorette party guide helpful. If you have questions about Austin or tips for our readers, please leave these in the comments below!
And if you’re interested in visiting other areas in this beautiful state, you can check out all our Texas articles for inspiration or our US bachelorette party guide for other party destination ideas.
We hope that this article has inspired you to want to visit Austin for your bachelorette. If you have any questions or advice to share with our readers, please leave these in the comments below.
Want to share your own travel tips by guest writing for We Are Travel Girls? Go to our Contribute page for guidelines and to submit your article.
Read More About Austin
Pin For Later
This article may contain affiliate links, if you purchase something using one of our links we may receive a commission. Please see our Disclosures for more information.