Charleston attracts visitors worldwide, thanks to its lively restaurant scene, bars, art, and a perfect blend of historic and modern architecture and charm.
The city has something for everyone with a rich coastline, traditional architecture, and historical monuments.
If you’re looking to plan an incredible girls’ getaway in the US, look no further – Charleston should be No.1 on your list of places to have your bachelorette party weekend if you are looking for great brunches and luxury day spas – Charleston has it all and more!
We share the best bachelorette activities, places to brunch, picturesque spots, hidden gems and more in this ultimate bachelorette guide to Charleston.
Things To Do On A Charleston Bachelorette Party
As the oldest and biggest city in South Carolina, Charleston has a distinctive and unique charm. With so much to do in addition to the colorful houses in 18th-century style, it is hard to narrow it down to a top 10 things to do for a bachelorette – but I have tried! Here are some of the best things to do in Charleston on your girls getaway!
1) Go On A Distillery Tour And Sample Some Locally Produced Spirits
Name a better activity than sampling locally produced alcohol on a bachelorette weekend! Charleston has its fair share of distilleries to tour and learn about the alcohol and products they make while also sampling some products.
Charleston has distilleries for Bourbon, Vodka, Gin, Tolerance Liqueur, Whiskey and more.
2) Surf Or Relax On A Beach
Charleston is located on the coast of South Carolina, making it a great place to explore the rivers and beaches on the islands along the coastline.
Some great beaches to enjoy with your girls, whether you enjoy surfing or just want to take in some rays and have a swim in the ocean, are Folly Beach, Sullivan’s Island, and Isle of Palms.
3) Take A Walk Around King Street
King Street is well known for its shopping and is sometimes referred to as one of the best shopping streets in the country. There are boutique stores, top fashion designers, and top fashion brands along the street.
The street also has its fair share of coffee shops, jewelers, rooftop bars, and wine bars. This is a great place to spend a morning or afternoon exploring with your girl gang.
4) Visit The Fort Sumter National Monument
The Fort Sumter National Monument are two forts at the end of Charleston Harbor on an artificial island, where you can learn all about the American Civil War, take a ferry to the island, and visit the Visitor Education Center’s museum.
5) Purchase Locally Handcrafted Products At A Local Market
6) Spend The Morning Or Afternoon Relaxing At A Spa
No bachelorette weekend is complete without a relaxing spa morning or afternoon. Charleston has some excellent world-class spas, including The Spa at Charleston Place, Urban Nirvana, and the Luxury Spa at the Wentworth Mansion.
7) Head to Rainbow Row
This stretch of colorful houses known as Rainbow Row (running from 83 to 107 East Bay Street) is a great historical and Instagrammable place in the city. Along the street, there are 14 houses, all painted in different colors and dating back to 1740.
8) Visit Boone Hall Plantation & Gardens
Boone Hall Plantation & Gardens is a plantation that was founded in 1681. Today it is a wedding venue and has been featured in several movies, including Forest Gump and the Notebook. You can take a tour of the house and gardens to learn about its history and the Southern state’s history.
9) Sip n’ Shop Charleston
Sip n’ shop Charleston is a great bachelorette weekend activity, with a guided walking tour, a shopping experience with champagne and wine as you walk and get discounted products at the boutique stores.
10) Enjoy A Cocktail On A Rooftop Bar Or Try Something New At A Brewery
A bachelorette weekend wouldn’t be complete without a night on the town, cocktails at a rooftop bar, or a few casual drinks at your vacation rental. Charleston has many bars, rooftop bars, cocktail bars and breweries no matter what your girls enjoy drinking.
Best Tours In Charleston For A Bachelorette Party
There are plenty of fun tours in Charleston. Here are six that are great for a bachelorette party!
- One of the best ways to explore Charleston is by taking a historic city tour to see over 100 of the city’s famous and iconic landmarks.
- Take your girls on a luxury dinner cruise to explore Charleston Harbor, enjoy a three-course southern meal and enjoy watching the sunset.
- Explore Charleston through its incredible cuisine on a food tour of local restaurants and culinary establishments. Your girl gang will get to try grits, sweet tea, Lowcountry BBQ, Southern pralines, gourmet chocolates, and Charleston benne wafers.
- Learn about the history of the city at Fort Sumter with a ferry ride to the Fort Sumter National Monument and a walk around the museum.
- Magnolia Plantation is a 12th generation plantation dating back to 1676. You and your girl gang can take a walk around the house and garden while learning about the plantation’s history and the history of the area.
- Take to the streets and explore the city with your girls on a walking tour where you will get to walk around the walled city, churches and landmarks.
Best Hotels In Charleston For A Bachelorette Party
There are many great hotels in Charleston to choose from and a handful that seriously cater to the bachelorette party groups with rooftop pools, world-class spas, bars, and bottomless brunches. Here are 10 of the best hotels in Charleston for a bachelorette party!
- Hotel Bella Grace – located in the entertainment district, allows you to explore the best of Charleston on foot!
- The Vendue – This quaint and cozy hotel has an incredible rooftop terrace which is the perfect spot to soak up the fantastic Charleston atmosphere.
- Hotel Bennett Charleston – Located within the Charleston Historic District, this hotel is within walking distance of restaurants, museums, and the city’s top attractions.
- John Rutledge House Inn – With only 19 rooms, this hotel offers a more intimate stay with modern but traditional decor.
- The Restoration – This hotel offers studio suites, one and two-bedroom suites, sleeping up to five people in a 1,500 or 1,300 square foot room, ideal for a bachelorette weekend.
- Market Pavilion Hotel – This hotel features a rooftop pool and bar three restaurants and is within walking distance of the Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and the Charleston City Market.
- Cambria Hotel Charleston – Located within the West Ashley neighborhood of the city, this hotel offers easy access to the waterfront, Charleston Music Hall, and Patriots Point.
- The Palms Oceanfront Hotel – This hotel has rooms with king and queen beds, purple and blue decor, balconies, and city or ocean views.
- The Loutrel – With four stars, this hotel offers luxury in the heart of the Charleston Historic District, within walking distance of restaurants and the Charleston City Market.
- The Ryder Hotel – This boutique hotel is South Beach-meets-St. Tropez, with a bar, restaurant, tropical wallpaper, beachy, and warm decor. The hotel is also just a short walk from local attractions such as King Street and Rainbow Row.
You can also check out our guide to the best Airbnbs and vacation rentals in Charleston.
Best Group Vacation Rentals In Charleston For A Bachelorette
The hotels in Charleston are extravagant and lively, but nothing beats renting a property and having all your girls in one place for the bachelorette weekend. Here are a few large vacation rental properties that you can rent for the weekend.
For a complete list of Airbnbs and vacation rentals for groups, check out our top vacation rentals in Charleston article!
Boho Rosa is a typical Charleston house, located within five minutes of the city and coffee shops, bakeries, grocery stores, restaurants, and bars.
This unique home is perfect for a bachelorette party, sleeping up to 14 guests in five bedrooms. These bedrooms consist of three with king beds and en-suite bathrooms. The fourth bedroom has two queen beds, and the fifth bedroom has two double beds.
This house has an open plan living, kitchen, and dining area, with colorful features and lots of seating space.
- Location: Elliotborough/Cannonborough
- Sleeps: 14 guests
- Size: 5 bedrooms / 7 beds / 4 baths
- Price: Check Latest Prices
Located just outside the city, 100 steps from the beach, is the Carolina Sea Haven home, a great place to stay on a bachelorette party to get the best of the city and the beach.
The home is a short drive to downtown and just one mile to downtown Isle of Palms with restaurants, and just two miles from Sullivan’s Island restaurants and local amenities.
The beach house is suitable for up to 10 guests, within four bedrooms. Three bedrooms have king beds, and the fourth bedroom has two bunk beds.
This home has three floors, on the second floor, there is a large open plan room with the kitchen, dining room area, and two living areas. This is the perfect space for entertaining your group, eating, watching a movie, having a few drinks, playing games, or just hanging out.
- Location: Isle of Palms
- Sleeps: 10 guests
- Size: 4 bedrooms / 7 beds / 7 baths
- Price: Check Latest Prices
This is the perfect vacation rental for your group for a house with a pool and an outside area to relax and entertain.
Sleeping up to 10 people in four bedrooms, two with single beds, one with a queen bed, and one with a king bed, there is also a sofa bed in the living room area.
Located in an area that attracts professionals and students, with wood-fronted restored houses, and in an up-and-coming area, with indie boutiques, vintage stores, and bakeries. There are also lots of restaurant options nearby and bars with craft beer and cocktails.
- Location: Elliotborough/Cannonborough
- Sleeps: 10 guests
- Size: 4 bedrooms / 7 beds / 4.5 baths
- Price: Check Latest Prices
Best Restaurants In Charleston For A Bachelorette Party
Charleston is filled with world-class restaurants, varying from seafood to creole and all other types of cuisine, making it hard to choose where to dine. Here are our suggestions for 10 of the best restaurants in Charleston for bachelorette parties.
- The Grocery – This neighborhood favorite has incredible food and you and your girl gang can reserve a table for dinner. Where you will find fresh local produce, locally caught seafood, and southern-style meats.
- FIG – This Lowcountry-style eatery offers a menu full of soul and flavor, all within a friendly atmosphere.
- The Ordinary – This upscale seafood establishment is a must-visit for seafood lovers within a Southern seafood hall and oyster bar.
- Magnolias – Since 1990, this upscale southern restaurant is led by chef Don Drake, combines southern cuisine with innovation.
- 167 Raw – This New England-style Oyster Bar offers a seafood mecca with oysters, clams, shrimp, tacos, seafood po’boys, and a fresh fish of the day.
- Husk Restaurant – Within historic downtown Charleston, this restaurant offers incredible ingredient-driven cuisine within a casual bar environment both inside and outside. Inside there is a cocktail lounge and outside, you will find a garden patio.
- Lenoir – Owned and created by Vivian Howard, this restaurant offers snacks and sharing plates, seafood, and steaks, all within a light and airy environment.
- Mex1 Coastal Cantina – Who doesn’t love a good Mexican meal on a bachelorette weekend, and for local fresh Mexican head this is the place to be. With 100% Agave Tequila, you have to try their margaritas.
- Poogan’s Porch – For traditional Southern cuisines with a menu consisting of fried chicken, biscuits, fried pimento cheese, and sweet tea, this is the place to head for a homecooked style Southern meal.
- Indaco – With some of the best pizza, pasta, and other Italian dishes, this is the place to go in the city if your crew loves Italian food.
Best Brunch Spots In Charleston For A Bachelorette Party
Brunch is everyone’s favorite bachelorette activity and Charleston takes brunch to a whole new level.
- Millers All Day – Open every day from 8am to 3 or 4pm, this restaurant only offers brunch, breakfast, and lunch.
- Butcher & Bee – With an incredible wine selection, patio, and brunch offering, this restaurant has something for everyone with a weekly updated menu.
- The Darling – This oyster bar offers your favorite seafood brunch options, from shrimp and grits to an oyster shooter and French toast.
- Basic Kitchen – This brunch spot offers a healthy option with vegan dishes, sandwiches, salads, bowls, and homemade kombucha.
- The Junction Kitchen – With brunch available on Saturday and Sunday, this brunch spot offers a great selection of vegetarian and vegan options along with a local bloody mary mix and kombucha.
- Church and Union – Serving espresso martinis, mimosa, and bloody marys, this is a great brunch spot to sort out the previous night’s hangover. Also serving burgers, sandwiches, coffee cake, and avocado toast.
Best Bars In Charleston For A Bachelorette Party
Charleston has a lively party scene with plenty of different types of bars to choose from, with live music, sports bars, rooftop bars, and upscale cocktail bars.
From our local experience, here are 10 of the best bars in Charleston for bachelorette parties.
- Prohibition – This upscale bar and restaurant offers specialty cocktails, red and white wine, rose, sparkling wine, and an extensive beer menu, all in a relaxed environment.
- Pour House – If you are looking for live music, this is the place to head, with live music most evenings, along with an extensive beer menu with local, regional, and familiar favorites. You will also find frozen drinks, cider, and hard kombucha.
- Blind Tiger – This award-winning historical pub was first opened in 1992 and offers unique cocktails, an extensive wine list, and local beers.
- Revelry Brewing – Located within the NoMo neighborhood, this bar offers award-winning beers, a lively rooftop, and a tasting room.
- The Cocktail Club – This spot is the place to go for cocktails, with a cute outdoor patio and housemade infusion with rare liquors and fresh cocktail ingredients.
- Republic – Located on King Street, this is more of a bar than a club. Offering bottle service and a strict dress code. But it is an ideal place to dance the night away with your girls.
- STARS – This spot is known for its frozen Bellinis and mimosas. There are many tables and plenty of tables and couches on the rooftop.
- Uptown Social – This is a popular spot, so arrive early to avoid disappointment. This hip rooftop is well-known around town for its frozen cocktails and live music.
- The Rooftop at Vendue – This rooftop is the perfect place to watch the sunset with a cocktail and your favorite girls.
- The Royal American – Located on Charleston’s Upper Peninsula, this bar offers signature punches with your choice of rum, bourbon, or vodka. You can also try housemade cinnamon whiskey and live music.
Charleston Bachelorette Party Favors
What To Wear For A Charleston Bachelorette Party
How To Get To Charleston
One thing that makes Charleston an excellent destination for bachelorette parties is that it is easily accessible by direct flight from several cities around the United States and the world.
Charleston International Airport (CHS) is just a twenty-minute drive to downtown without traffic. You can pick up an Uber at the airport, take the bus, airport shuttle or rent a car.
Best Time Of Year To Have A Charleston Bachelorette Party?
Charleston is a year-round party. There isn’t a wrong time to come to the city. But if you don’t like humidity and hot weather, avoid the peak summer.
Charleston experiences a very hot summer with high humidity, making it a little uncomfortable. But its winters are cooler but still remain warm and nice to walk around.
Charleston Bachelorette Party Ultimate Guide Wrap Up
I hope you’ve found this Charleston bachelorette party guide helpful. If you have questions about Charleston or tips for our readers, please leave these in the comments below!
And suppose you’re interested in visiting other areas in this beautiful state. In that case, you can check out all our New Orleans articles for inspiration or our US bachelorette party guide for other party destination ideas.
We hope that this article has inspired you to visit Charleston for your bachelorette. If you have any questions or advice to share with our readers, please leave these in the comments below.
Want to share your own travel tips by guest writing for We Are Travel Girls? Go to our Contribute page for guidelines and to submit your article.
Read More About Charleston
Pin For Later
This article may contain affiliate links, if you purchase something using one of our links we may receive a commission. Please see our Disclosures for more information.