Napa Valley is in the heart of California’s Wine Country, famous for wine tasting. But there is also much more to explore and enjoy in the area.
Take in the breathtaking views of the rolling hills with your besties by your side. Napa Valley is such a peaceful, beautiful destination that you’ll always cherish visiting.
If you’re looking to plan an incredible girls’ getaway in the US, look no further. Napa Valley should be No.1 on your list of places to have your bachelorette party weekend if you are looking for a chilled getaway filled with wine.
We share the best bachelorette activities, places to brunch, picturesque spots, hidden gems, and more in this ultimate bachelorette guide to Napa Valley.
Things To Do On A Napa Valley Bachelorette Party
Here are some of the best things to do in Napa Valley on your girl’s getaway!
1) Go Paddleboarding on the Napa River
You and your girl gang can take to the water on a paddleboarding trip along the Napa River. The Napa River has salt water and fresh water, past bridges and other attractions.
2) Take a Hot Air Balloon Ride
Take a hot air balloon ride over Napa Valley to experience the panoramic views of the vineyard and landscape. This once-in-a-lifetime trip with your girls will give you the opportunity to see the valley from above.
3) Take on the Famous Napa Valley Vine Trail
Take on the famous Napa Valley Vine Trail, which is still being completed, but you can walk or cycle the 12 miles from South Napa to Yountville. Ideal for an afternoon or morning in the outdoors exploring the area.
4) Head to Skyline Wilderness Park
Go hiking, biking, camping, horse riding, or exploring at the 850-acre Skyline Wilderness Park.
5) Explore A Winery
Visit a winery and take a tour of the vines and the tasting rooms! Stomp grapes at the famous Sterling winery or visit one of the area’s many wineries.
6) Visit Downtown Napa
Exploring Downtown Napa on foot is a breeze, with numerous charming boutiques and art galleries to peruse. And if you need a break, there are plenty of cosy cafes to relax in. Don’t miss the Napa Art Walk, which guides you through a selection of fascinating public art displays that change regularly.
7) Discover Bothe-Napa Valley State Park
Explore the Bothe-Napa Valley State Park, with hikes, redwood forests, and the Redwood trail.
8) Explore Downtown Yountville
Visit downtown Yountville, with beautiful streets, vineyards, and the Yountville Art Walk.
9) Relax in a Mud Bath in Calistoga
In the northern part of Napa Valley lies Calistoga, where you can indulge in peaceful, relaxing mud baths. This charming town is worth a visit for its rustic atmosphere and fascinating past. The Calistoga mud, known to revitalize and energize the skin, is made from a mixture of mineral-rich water from hot springs and volcanic ash from the eruption of Mount Helena long ago.
10) Hike to the Top of Mount Saint Helena
If you’re girls are looking for a challenging hiking trail in Napa Valley, consider trekking up Mount Saint Helena. This peak is the highest in the area and offers breathtaking views from the summit. There are plenty of other trails to explore, but this one is worth the effort.
Best Tours In Napa Valley For A Bachelorette Party
Napa Valley offers a variety of enjoyable tours. For a bachelorette party, here are four great options:
- Take a hot air balloon trip over Napa Valley to see the incredible panoramic views of the vineyards, valleys, and landscape.
- Embark on a guided wine tour with a picnic lunch, visit three wineries and enjoy samples of wine.
- Enjoy a wine-tasting tour by an open-air trolley with a three-winery visit and a delicious lunch.
- Discover the Napa Valley from the water on a kayaking tour seeing lush natural scenery and learning about the area’s history.
Best Hotels In Napa Valley For A Bachelorette Party
There are so many great hotels in Napa Valley to choose from and a handful that seriously cater to the bachelorette party groups with rooftop pools, Instagrammable bedrooms and bottomless brunches. Here are 10 of the best hotels in Napa Valley for a bachelorette party!
- Archer Hotel
- The Estates Yountville
- Wine Country Inn and Cottages
- Silverado Resort and Spa
- Harvest Inn
- Napa River Inn
- River Terrace Inn
- SENZA Hotel
- Napa Valley Lodge
- Stanly Ranch
You can also check out our guide to the best Airbnbs and vacation rentals in Napa Valley.
Best Wineries In Napa Valley For A Bachelorette Party
During your Napa Valley visit, you must of course go wine tasting. From its rich cabernets to its flavorful pinots, Napa Valley is renowned for incredible wine. Here are 10 of the best wineries in Napa Valley!
- Domaine Carneros, which specializes in sparkling wines! Upon arriving, you’ll catch sight of the gorgeous French chateau and sprawling vineyards and feel like you’ve stepped inside a fairytale.
- Sterling Vineyards
- V. Sattui is one of our favorite wineries in Napa Valley! It has great wine (at reasonable prices), beautiful picnic grounds, and most importantly – delicious food!
- Castello di Amorosa is the most unique winery I’ve been to because, as the name suggests, it’s a castle! The architecture is beautiful and makes you feel like you’ve been transported into 13th-century Italy.
- Rutherford Hill Winery – The beautiful estate is perched on a hilltop, known for its full-flavored merlots.
- Chateau Montelena Winery – Set against Mount Saint Helena, the chateau was built in 1888 to resemble the gatehouse of an English Gothic castle. Wine tastings are offered daily and must be reserved in advance. Tasting fees start at $60 per person.
- Clos Pegase – Try the merlot and cabernet sauvignon and chardonnay here. Experiences such as tastings and cave tours are offered daily by appointment. Flights start at $40 per person.
- Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars – Stag’s Leap is best known for its chardonnay and cabernet sauvignon. On-site experiences range from tasting flights to wine and food pairing with dishes. On-site experiences range from tasting flights to wine and food pairing with dishes. The price range for tastings and tours is $75 to $295 per person.
- Inglenook – Inglenook offers a European-style bistro; the Infinity Caves, which are subterranean wine cellars carved into the hillside; and an open-air courtyard with a reflecting pool. Wine tastings start at $75 per person.
- Robert Mondavi Winery – Robert Mondavi Winery was founded in 1966 and is best known for its cabernet sauvignon wine and signature Fumé Blanc. Here you can enjoy wine tastings starting at $65 per person on the winery’s patio overlooking To Kalon Vineyard.
Best Restaurants In Napa Valley For A Bachelorette Party
With so many excellent restaurants in Napa Valley, it can be hard to choose where to dine. Here are our suggestions for ten of the best restaurants in Napa Valley for bachelorette parties.
- Oxbow Public Market – This marketplace spans over 40,000 square feet and boasts a beautiful outdoor deck with seating overlooking the Napa River. It offers a variety of local food vendors, artisan cafes, and an organic produce outlet sourced from nearby farms.
- Thomas Keller’s Addendum – An outdoor picnic-style eatery featuring the juiciest, most perfect fried chicken you will ever have.
- Fremont Diner – One of the cutest brunch spots! It is actually located in Sonoma, but Sonoma and Napa are basically next-door neighbours so it’s not so far away. The food and outdoor seating are delicious on a warm, summery day.
- ZuZu – A cosy Spanish tapas restaurant featuring fresh, seasonal ingredients and organic & sustainable produce.
- Gran Eléctrica – A hip Mexican street food concept arrived in Brooklyn in March 2018.
- La Toque – A renowned restaurant owned by Chef Ken Frank, has received Wine Spectator’s most prestigious recognition, The Grand Award, for our exceptional wine list and top-notch service. The team is passionate about pairing wine and food to enhance your dining experience.
- Scala Osteria – With a seafood-centred Southern Italian menu filled with whole fish and Neapolitan classics like pizza and pasta. In a Mediterranean-inspired dining space with some of the best wines from Napa to Napoli.
- Bounty Hunter – Situated on Main St. in downtown Napa, housed in a building that dates back to the 1800s. The restaurant’s atmosphere is reminiscent of an old Western saloon, which is both trendy and welcoming.
- Cole’s Chop House – A staple in Napa’s downtown restaurant scene for over 20 years, situated in the Williams-Kyser Building. Cole’s will likely be their top choice if you ask any local for a dining recommendation.
- PRESS – This restaurant has been serving its unique take on Napa Valley cuisine to locals and visitors for 15 years. It is a popular destination among wine industry professionals in the evening, and you can be sure your meal will be delicious.
Best Bars In Napa Valley For A Bachelorette Party
Napa has been putting its name on the map for having a plethora of great watering holes. From chic, upscale cocktail bars to fun local dive bars, there is something for every taste in Napa.
From our local experience, here are seven of the best bars in Napa Valley for bachelorette parties.
- Napa Valley Distillery – Approach this bar and allow the friendly and knowledgeable bartenders to lead you through a selection of seasonal and unique craft spirits, including limited-release options.
- Bay Grape Wine – This wine bar is the perfect place to start your girl’s getaway or bachelorette trip to Napa Valley, with experts around the bar to help your group learn more about the different wines available in the valley.
- Be Bubbly – Voted the best Downtown Tasting Room and Napa Valley Wine Bar for 2023, Be Bubbly is known for its high-quality wine and champagne. The wine bar has a club-like vibe with regular live performances and DJ sets throughout the week.
- The Wine Thief – Boasting a selection of small-batch wines that have earned impressive ratings from critics and prestigious contests.
- Sam’s Social Club – A great brunch option and bar rolled into one – Sam’s Social Club is the perfect place for your girls to enjoy a cocktail or two, whether that be inside the restaurant, by the fire pit or outside in the sunshine.
- Solbar – A local’s favourite Solbar is located within the Solage Resort and Spa. The hotel bar offers craft cocktails, a 20ft fire pit, a sunlit patio and a cosy indoor space.
- Goose and Gander – With a traditional British pub-style feel the Goose and Gander have three areas, a patio, the pub-style dining room and a basement bar.
- Blue Note Napa – The first floor of the Napa Valley Opera House is home to a jazz club and gourmet restaurant venue known as the Blue Note Napa. It offers a perfect blend of the quintessential jazz club in Napa.
- Bar Lucia – Why not hang out with your girl gang and enjoy some delicious rosé or bubbly? Treat your taste buds to some freshly picked snacks that pair perfectly with the best wines in town.
- Napa Palisades – Located at the corner of First and Main Street in downtown Napa, California. Napa Palisades serve great local craft beers featuring their own Napa Palisades Beer Company, as well as unique cocktails and wine.
How To Get To Napa Valley
One of the things that makes Napa Valley an ideal destination for bachelorette parties is that it is easily accessible by direct flight from several cities around the United States.
The airport is Charles M. Schulz–Sonoma County Airport (STS), which is around a 7-mile drive to downtown without traffic. You can pick up an Uber at the airport, take the metro or rent a car.
If you’re looking for a major airport with a wide range of direct flights from various parts of the world and the US, consider Sacramento International Airport (SMF). This airport offers flights to numerous US destinations, Mexico, and Canada. It’s just a little over an hour’s drive away from Napa.
Best Time Of Year To Have A Napa Valley Bachelorette Party?
Napa Valley is a great city to visit for a bachelorette party year-round. There isn’t a bad time to visit Napa Valley. But if you don’t like humidity and hot weather, avoid the peak summer months.
Peak season in Napa Valley is August to October when it is the region’s harvest season. In addition to being hot and more expensive during this time, recently there have been a lot of fires in the area in the hot, dry summer months. So we suggest opting for a spring visit in April or May.
Napa Valley Bachelorette Party Ultimate Guide Wrap Up
I hope you’ve found this Napa Valley bachelorette party guide helpful. If you have questions about Napa Valley or tips for our readers, please leave these in the comments below!
And if you’re interested in visiting other areas in this beautiful state, you can check out all our California articles for inspiration or our US bachelorette party guide for other party destination ideas.
We hope that this article has inspired you to want to visit Napa Valley for your bachelorette. If you have any questions or advice to share with our readers, please leave these in the comments below.
Want to write for We Are Travel Girls? Visit our Contribute Page for guidelines and to submit your article.
Read More About California
- Ultimate Guide To Lake Tahoe
- West Hollywood & Beverly Hills Girls Getaway Guide
- Santa Barbara Bucketlist
- Complete Guide To Newport Beach
- Ultimate Guide To Ojai
Pin For Later
This article may contain affiliate links, if you purchase something using one of our links we may receive a commission. Please see our Disclosures for more information.