Girls Getaways happen all year round, but one of our favourite times of year to go on a girls getaway is in the springtime. And there is nothing quite like a weekend or week-long getaway in the United States with your girlfriends during one of the prettiest seasons of the year!
Think of days skiing or snowboarding on the slopes, hiking, exploring the city, or one of dozens of other fun springtime outdoor activities!
With so many fabulous spring girls getaway destinations to choose from, in this article, we round up our top 12 girls getaway destinations in the US to get you excited for a weekend away with girlfriends!
1) Miami, Florida
Miami is a perfect spring girls getaway destination, with lots of events and warm temperatures. Spring is the perfect time to explore the city before the humidity and warm summer temperatures take over.
Miami has a thriving spring break scene, filled with events, and world-class parties. But if that’s not your group’s scene there is lots more to do and see.
The city also boasts great outdoor activities such as canoeing, kayaking, boating, water skiing, paddle boarding, and snorkelling.
Great day trips from Miami include a trip to the Everglades or a day trip to Key West or the Florida Keys.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Miami, Florida
- Relax on a beach – Miami Beach, South Beach, Surfside, Haulover Park Beach, or Sunny Isles Beach.
- Head to South Beach for many nightlife options and world-class restaurants.
- Get a taste of Cuba in Little Havana, with lots of entertainment options, restaurants, and live music.
Recommended Accommodation In Miami, Florida
2) Santa Fe, New Mexico
Santa Fe is a great quiet and relaxing spring girls getaway location, especially because it is a quieter time to explore the area in springtime, meaning less crowded attractions and cheaper prices.
It is also the best of both worlds, in Santa Fe during springtime you will find great spring skiing or snowboarding in the mountains and spring flowers appearing in the botanical gardens.
Each year in May the city holds the Taos Lilac Festival which is filled with live entertainment, music, food stalls, and an abundance of other activities.
The weather can also reach the 70s in spring, making it milder and cooler than the summer months.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Santa Fe, New Mexico
- If opera is your thing there is no better place to visit than the Santa Fe Opera House, with world-renowned operas in a variety of genres. The open-air theatre is surrounded by views of the Sangre de Cristo and Jemez mountain ranges.
- Ski or snowboard at one of the nearby ski resorts – Ski Santa Fe, Pajarito Mountain Ski Area, or Sipapu Ski and Summer Resort.
- Visit Canyon Road, known for its art, with an abundance of art galleries, located in historic buildings. Everything from jewelry, pottery, sculptures, and traditional pieces.
Recommended Accommodation In Santa Fe, New Mexico
3) New Orleans
Spring is the perfect time to visit New Orleans aka the Big Easy, with the world-famous Mardi Gras, mild temperatures, and plenty to do and see.
Bourbon Street and the French Quarter are filled with bars that have live music and during the evening the streets turn into one big party. But the city also has superb brunch spots, world-class cajun food, and seafood.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In New Orleans
- Eat beignets and have a cafe au lait at Cafe Du Monde.
- Have a Hurricane (drink) while walking down Bourbon Street.
- Walk around Jackson Square and see the street performers and artists.
Recommended Accommodation In New Orleans
4) Denver, Colorado
No US spring girls getaway list would be complete without a ski or snowboard trip, and Colorado is one of the best ski spots in the world for some spring skiing.
These two resort towns have plenty of ski areas, with luxury resorts as well as affordable lodging available, but if you want a bigger city feel then we recommend Denver!
You can choose between visiting one of the many ski resorts or exploring the best the city has to offer.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Denver, Colorado
- Visit a mountain resort or bar for aprés happy hour after your day on the mountain.
- Check the event calendar as they often hold ski and snowboard events and competitions including the X Games.
- Explore the city by taking a walk downtown, stopping at great shops, restaurants, and quaint coffee shops along the way.
Recommended Accommodation In Denver, Colorado
5) Savannah, Georgia
Savannah offers an abundance of activities and events great for visiting on a spring girls getaway.
With flowers blooming throughout the city and events such as the SCAD Sidewalk Arts Festival in Forsyth Park in April and the weather is also mild.
Ideal for dining outside, walking around the city, visiting one of the many beautiful squares, and visiting the beach, the spring in Savannah makes for a great time to do all of these things without the weather being too hot or cold.
The city also hosts other events throughout spring such as St Patrick’s Day parade and festival, the Savannah Music Festival, and art walks.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Savannah, Georgia
- Explore the City Market and see open-air concerts, purchase art, or hand-made crafts.
- Visit Tricentennial Park with three museums – Savannah History Museum, Battlefield Memorial Park, and Georgia State Railroad Museum.
- Explore the city’s waterfront, with shopping, dining, and bars located along cobblestone streets.
Recommended Accommodation In Savannah, Georgia
6) Washington DC
Washington DC is one of the most famous and popular US cities, but it might not be the first city you think of when you think girls getaway. Washington DC is in fact a great girls getaway city filled with events throughout the year and in springtime, you will find cherry blossoms and the National Cherry Blossom Festival!
A spring girls getaway in Washington DC is great for relaxing or for those who want to explore they can visit the cities top landmarks or explore some of the best museums in the country.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Washington DC
- See the National Cherry Blossom Festival, first celebrated in 1935, with beautiful cherry blossoms.
- Visit the Eastern Market with hundreds of market stalls, ideal for purchasing a souvenir, or picking up something to eat.
- Visit one or more of Washington DC’s famous museums – our favorites are the National Air & Space Museum or the National Museum of Natural History.
Recommended Accommodation In Washington DC
Nashville is a great girls getaway destination no matter what month of the year you decide to visit, but springtime adds something extra. In spring the city has warmer temperatures, lots of sunshine, and lots of special events.
Events throughout spring in the city include Nashville Cherry Blossom Festival, Earth Day festivities, craft fairs, sporting events, crawfish boils, the CMA Music Festival, and of course the standard Nashville music events.
Nashville is famous for its live music and during springtime is no different. You will find plenty of live music throughout the city and in the bars, making for a great girls night out. You will also find distillery tours and outdoor events.
We love Nashville and have a lot of great articles to make the most of your time in the city, so bookmark our Best Things To Do In Nashville and 8 Stops For Your First Nashville Trip posts to plan your perfect trip!
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Nashville
- Take pictures next to all the amazing street art murals, including the famous Draper James wall outside Reese Witherspoon’s shop
- Spend a night discovering new music talent at the famous Honky Tonk bars on Broadway Street
- Learn your country history at the Country Music Hall of Fame
Recommended Accommodation In Nashville
8) Palm Springs
The best time to visit Palm Springs is during the springtime, with cooler and manageable temperatures while still remaining warm enough to enjoy everything you want too with fewer visitors.
Whether you are looking to undertake beautiful hikes, relax by the pool, or visit nearby Joshua Tree National Park, you can find it all in Palm Springs!
You will also find world-class spas, art festivals, and of course the world-famous music festival Coachella in April.
On a spring girls getaway in Palm Springs, you will find plenty of brunch spots, lots of shopping, happy hours, and great restaurants!
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Palm Springs
- Get brunch at one of the many amazing restaurants in downtown
- Plan a night to go to the Palm Springs Village Fest, an event every Thursday with local food trucks and artisans selling their crafts
- Visit nearby Joshua Tree National Park for some amazing photos and the rare Joshua Tree cactus
Recommended Accommodation In Palm Springs
9) Gatlinburg, Tennessee
Gatlinburg is an ideal spring girls getaway destination in Tennessee with warm weather, beautiful scenery, festivals, and ample outdoor activities.
During the spring months, the snow melts and visitors can once again visit the Great Smoky Mountains to participate in outdoor adventures and activities.
In Gatlinburg, during spring you can take advantage of lower prices than in the summer months, while still having an adventure spring girls getaway or relaxing weekend trip on a budget.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- Purchase Tennessee-grown fresh produce, foods, and locally made products at the Gatlinburg Farmer’s Market.
- Explore downtown Gatlinburg, with great shopping, restaurants, and other attractions to explore.
- Explore the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, with mountains, diverse varieties of wildlife, and over 1,500 plant species. Here you can go hiking – one option is the 11 mile Cades Cove hiking.
Recommended Accommodation In Gatlinburg, Tennessee
10) Hilton Head, South Carolina
Hilton Head has been growing in popularity over the last few years and it’s easy to see why, with 50 miles of paths, nature trails, and bike paths make it a great outdoor getaways.
There are also over 12 miles of beaches, and the weather in spring is perfect for relaxing on the beach on a spring girls getaway.
If relaxing on the beach isn’t what you had in mind, take to the water with kayaking, paddle boarding, water skiing, tubing, and other water activities to participate in.
Hilton Head is a great spring girls getaway destination with large houses for rent, some with private beaches and a swimming pool to enjoy. Along with quaint villages and lots of dining options.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Hilton Head, South Carolina
- Explore Harbour Town and the candy-cane-striped lighthouse and lavish yachts
- Take the ferry trip to Daufuskie Island with its high-end shops, great golf courses, art galleries, and restaurants
- Go hiking, biking, exploring, or fishing at the Pinckney Island National Wildlife Refuge a 4,053-acre refugee
Recommended Accommodation In Hilton Head, South Carolina
Related Post: The 15 Best AirBnBs in Hilton Head, South Carolina
11) New York City
New York City is a great year-round girls getaway destination, but there is something about visiting the city in the spring.
On a spring girls getaway in the Big Apple, there are flower shows to enjoy, cherry blossom festivals, night markets, and lots of outdoor events.
You will also find the St Patricks Day parade, Macy’s flower show, the Easter Parade and Bonnet Festival, and even New York’s take on Indian culture at the annual Holi Hai festival.
New York has world-class restaurants, shopping, parks, and attractions in every season but there is something special about seeing them in warmer weather and with an abundance of flowers in bloom.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In New York City
- New York City has a large number of events year-round such as New York Fashion Week, the Orchid Show, Mardi Gras, St. Patrick’s Day, and many more
- Enjoy a cocktail or champagne at a rooftop bar or restaurant. Some of our favourites include Boom Boom Room, Gallow Green at the McKittrick Hotel, La Piscine at Hotel Americano and Jimmy at the James. Read our New Yorker’s Guide to New York to get the lowdown on the best places to eat and drink in NYC from a local’s perspective!
- Get your Carrie Bradshaw on and go shopping on 5th Avenue for a luxury shopping experience
Recommended Accommodation In New York City
- LUX West Village Penthouse
- Manhattan High Life Condo
- Chelsea 3 Bedroom Apartment
- Read: Where To Stay In New York: The Best Neighbourhoods and Hotels
12) Austin, Texas
Austin is a city unlike any other with the thriving nightlife of 6th Street combined with fun outdoor activities and year round sunshine.
A spring girls getaway in Austin can be filled with shopping in West Sixth DIstrict, attending a spring festival, listening to live music, exploring museums, or eating or drinking on a patio at one of the great coffee shops.
You can even take a picnic and have a group lunch in the park while listening to live music or watching a live play in Zilker Park.
In Austin, you can find lots of hiking spots (Mount Bonnel is a great choice), farmers markets, food trucks, distilleries, and open-air cocktail bars.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Austin, Texas
- Visit the 350-acre Zilker Park, with hiking trails, biking, trails, and even a natural swimming pool
- Eat some of the city’s famous tacos or drink some world-class Austin coffee
- Grab your girls and head to a bar to watch some live music and have some drinks
Recommended Accommodation In Austin, Texas
Related Post: The 12 Best AirBnBs In Austin, Texas
Spring Girls Getaways Wrap Up
There you have it, our top 12 destinations for a fun spring girls getaway!
Was your favorite included in the list? Let us know your picks for the best US girls getaway destinations for spring!
We hope that this article has inspired you to go on a spring girls getaway. If you have any questions about the destination or have your own travel tips to share please leave these in the comments below.
Want to share your own travel tips by guest writing for We Are Travel Girls? Go to our Contribute page for guidelines and to submit your article.
Read More Girls Getaway Guides
- Top 12 Winter Girls Getaway Destinations In The US
- Top 10 Winter Girls Getaways Destinations In Europe
- AirBnB Directory
- 15 Best California Girls Getaway Destinations
- Ultimate Girls Getaways For 2021
Pin For Later
This website is a free resource we may use affiliate links in our articles. As an Airbnb Associate, I may earn a fee when you book from this page. Please see our Disclosures for more information.