Joshua Tree is located in Southern California, close to Palm Springs and overlooks both the Coachella and Hidden Valley. The town has a population of just 7, 400 people (2023), but has lots of things to see and do at a bachelorette party.
Joshua Tree is a magical place filled with incredible hiking and Joshua Trees while still being close enough to Palm Springs for a day trip. Joshua Tree is the perfect escape from LA for a nearby bachelorette weekend or further afield.
There’s no denying that Joshua Tree National Park is an incredible and astonishing area of California. A little off the beaten track, this park is about two hours east of Los Angeles and about one hour from Palm Springs.
You’ll find the famed Joshua Trees close to cactus-dotted Colorado and the Mojave Desert overlooking the Coachella Valley.
Here’s our ultimate Joshua Tree bachelorette party guide with the best bachelorette activities, beautiful hikes, brunch spots, picturesque locations, hidden gems and much more.
Top Things To Do On A Joshua Tree Bachelorette Party
Whether your girl gang likes hiking, exploring national parks, shopping or star gazing, there is something for everyone in your bachelorette group in Joshua Tree! Although Joshua Tree is a small town it has ample things to see and do. Joshua Tree National Park covers a 1,242 mi² area, providing plenty of things to see and do.
Here are some of the best things to do in Joshua Tree for a bachelorette party!
1) Go stargazing in the national park
Enjoy the breathtaking nature by going for an evening hike or stargaze to spot the Milky Way. Some great options for stargazing in Joshua Tree National Park are Quail Springs, Cap Rock, Skull Rock, Twin Tanks Trailhead, or Hidden Valley. Be warned that the temperatures can drop significantly at night even during the hotter summer months, so warm clothes are a must for stargazing.
2) Take a day trip to Pioneertown
Explore Pioneertown to experience a live-in motion picture set developed for actors and crew. Perfect to enjoy beer, music, and line dancing! The unincorporated community of the Morongo Basin region of the High Desert in San Bernardino County is just a 20-minute drive from Joshua Tree.
3) Go thrifting or purchase souvenirs
Mexican blankets, folk art, and mid-century collectibles; there are multiple shops like Starlite Courtyard, Hoof and the Horn, and Pioneer Crossing, which are all great places to shop and purchase some souvenirs.
4) Visit and explore Joshua Tree National Park
Joshua Tree National Park has a unique ecosystem, with the Mojave and the Colorado joining together, creating a large variety of plants and a unique landscape. The park boasts a diverse landscape, including Joshua Tree forests, grasslands and rocky outcroppings. A wide variety of plants and animals call the park home, with over 250 bird species and bighorn sheep roaming the area.
Each year, almost 3 million people visit the national park many of which visit between March and May, when the weather is cooler, meaning during this time car parks and hiking trails can be busier.
5) Go for a hike, two or three
Joshua Tree is an incredible place to take a hike with your girls, with hikes and trails varying in length and difficulty, with a hike to suit everyone and their plans. Some great hiking options are:
- Discovery Trail – 0.7 mile loop
- Boy Scout Trail – 8 miles
- Black Rock Canyon Panorama Loop – 6.5 miles
- Barker Dam – 1.1 mile
- Split Rock Trail with Face Rock Spur – 2.5 miles
- Cholla Cactus Garden Loop – 0.25 miles
Many of these hikes have car parks and can easily be found from signposts within the Joshua Tree National Park or surrounding areas. Hikes are generally on marked trails or in the open air so they are easy to follow.
6) Visit the Cholla Cactus Garden
Located within the Joshua Tree National Park is the Cholla Cactus Garden. This garden is great for walking around and exploring with your girls.
7) Head to a local bar and enjoy a cold beer
Joshua Tree and the surrounding towns have many bars to head to with your girl group. Whether you enjoy live music, DJs, a throwback atmosphere, or a laid-back game of pool, there are some unique and wonderful bars to have a drink or two with your girls.
8) Visit the Joshua Tree Music Festival in May or October
The Joshua Tree Music Festival is held every May and October over four nights. The festival celebrates creativity, community and arts education. If you happen to be in town during either event, it’s a must-visit.
9) Go horseback riding in Joshua Tree National Park
Horseback riding has been a popular way to experience Joshua Tree National Park. The park boasts 253 miles of equestrian trails, which traverse open lands, canyon bottoms and dry washes.
10) Head to Desert Hot Springs for a spa day and relaxtion
Located just 35 minutes drive from Joshua Tree, Desert Hot Springs is a total relaxation and wellness escape. The area has lots of spas, including Two Bunch Palms, The Spring or the El Morocco Inn and Spa. This is the perfect way to relax and enjoy a spa day with your bachelorette girls.
Best Tours In Joshua Tree For A Bachelorette Party
Joshua Tree offers a variety of enjoyable tours for exploring the area, taking to the water and visiting natural wonders. There are plenty of things to do and see in the area, but taking a guided tour with your girls is a great way to spend a day or half a day, along with having a unique experience and learning new things about the area.
For a bachelorette party, here are five great tour options:
- Spend the day exploring and learning about the Joshua Tree National Park on a self-guided audio-driving tour.
- Embark on a town scavenger hunt in Joshua Tree from the comfort of your car with an interactive guide.
- Experience an exhilarating downhill bicycle ride on a paved road through the San Andreas Fault on an Earthquake Canyon express downhill bicycle adventure.
- Take an Indian Canyons hiking tour by jeep with the opportunity to discover the ancestral home of the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians.
- Ride from the desert floor to the pristine wilderness of Mt. San Jacinto State Park on the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway on a Palm Spring aerial tramway.
Best Hotels In Joshua Tree For A Bachelorette Party
Joshua Tree has a wide selection of exceptional hotels, ideal for bachelorette party groups. These hotels offer impressive amenities like rooftop pools, aesthetically pleasing bedrooms and brunches. Joshua Tree is a small town with few hotel options, but there are also a large number of holiday rentals with their own swimming pools and fire pits; these are ideal for larger bachelorette party groups with more space and cooking facilities.
Here are the top ten hotels in Joshua Tree that are perfect for bachelorette celebrations!
- AutoCamp Joshua Tree – A three-star lodge in the city center with 55 rooms in airstreams and cabins. These rooms or cabins sleep up to four people and have significant outdoor areas.
- The Bungalows by Homestead Modern – Located within the historic district, the bungalows have views of the area’s natural beauty. This hotel is an excellent option for hiking, biking, or rock climbing, along with being a great place to relax with a spa area too.
- Casa Altura – Sleeping five in two bedrooms, this home has a swimming pool, a spa and is just a two-minute walk from restaurants and bars. The open-plan living area provides ample space for up to five people.
- Sacred Sands – This three-star guesthouse offers individually furnished rooms with a terrace, fireplace and a garden.
- Pioneertown Motel – With just 19 rooms, this hotel offers premium rooms with mountain views and beautiful surroundings.
- Soul Shine – Sleeping eight, this home is ideal for a large bachelorette party with three bedrooms and two bathrooms. There are also luxuries such as a spa tub, a full kitchen, a balcony and a large outdoor area.
- Joshua Tree Desert Homestead Living – Located just a seven-minute drive from Joshua Tree National Park, this six-bedroom home sleeps up to eight people with plenty of space.
- Sunkissed House – Sleeping six people this home is perfect for a small bachelorette getaway. This home is located within a private gated community with a large outdoor patio area with an outdoor dining table, hot tub and fire pit.
- All We Have Is Now! – This remodeled home has three bedrooms with memory foam mattresses, a fully equipped kitchen, a game room with a pool table and ample outdoor space.
- Mountain View Home – This 1,550 sq ft home has three bedrooms and sleeps eight people comfortably. The home offers 360 mountain views and is located just 2 miles from Joshua Tree National Park.
You can also check out our guide to the best Airbnbs and vacation rentals in Joshua Tree.
Best Restaurants In Joshua Tree For A Bachelorette Party
With so many excellent restaurants in Joshua Tree, it can be hard to choose where to dine, with an array of restaurants from authentic Mexican to American and European influences. Joshua Tree has a limited number of restaurants but there are several other options in the surrounding towns.
Here are our suggestions for ten of the best restaurants in Joshua Tree for bachelorette parties!
- Joshua Tree Saloon – Established in 1984. They are open 365 days a year and are the place to be for great food in a great atmosphere.
- Frontier Cafe – The perfect place to have breakfast and lunch, serving delicious sandwiches and salads.
- Crossroads Cafe Joshua Tree – This is the perfect place to have a delicious breakfast or lunch, with various vegan options.
- The Rib Co. – Don’t let the simple look fool you; don’t miss out on the BBQ ribs and the sandwiches.
- La Copine – Seasonal dishes and warm service within an American Diner-style restaurant.
- Pappy & Harriet’s – This place is a must-visit for any trip to Joshua Tree and a great place to visit with your gang.
- The Red Dog Saloon – This is an iconic Old Western bar and restaurant located in Pioneertown.
- The Tiny Pony Tavern – With the best food in town, a fun vibe, a pool table, a vintage-inspired bar, eclectic art and a patio.
- Giant Rock Meeting Room – Located just around the corner from The Seventh Ray House, this is a great spot to have lunch or dinner.
- Kitchen In The Desert – This outdoor Caribbean-style bar and restaurant has great vibes and often features local artists and DJs.
Best Bars In Joshua Tree For A Bachelorette Party
Joshua Tree has gained a reputation for having a wide range of excellent bars to quench your thirst. Whether you’re looking for a sophisticated cocktail lounge or a lively local dive, there’s something to suit everyone in Joshua Tree. Joshua Tree has a limited number of bars but there are several other options in the surrounding towns.
From our local experience, here are ten of the best bars in Joshua Tree for bachelorette parties.
- Joshua Tree Saloon – This amazing spot has been around since 1984 and they’re always open every day of the year! You’re sure to love the delicious food and cozy atmosphere.
- The Tiny Pony Tavern – With a vibrant atmosphere, delicious cuisine, vintage bar, pool table, eclectic art, and an outdoor patio, this place offers the ultimate dining experience in town.
- Out There Bar – This destination has become a popular spot for locals and visitors, thanks to its lively live music scene.
- Kitchen In The Desert – It has such a relaxed Caribbean vibe outside, and they always have local DJs and artists come to perform.
- The Red Dog Saloon -You’ll love this famous Old Western bar and restaurant in Pioneertown.
- Más o Menos Bar – This bar serves coffee in the day and cocktails all day long.
- Joshua Tree Brewery – If you’re a craft beer fan, you might want to check out this excellent brewery in downtown Joshua Tree. They’re known for their delicious original recipe beers made using locally sourced ingredients. It’s worth stopping by for a tasting experience that’s unlike any other.
- Swordfish Pub – This pub is uniquely decorated and one of the local’s favorite places to enjoy a cold beer.
- Sky High Pie – Located in downtown Joshua Tree, our restaurant serves fine, fresh cuisine made from scratch. The beer and wine selection can be enjoyed in the shaded courtyard.
- AWE Bar – Located in the heart of Old Town Yucca Valley, AWE Bar is a newly renovated historic building featuring a live music venue, two bars, and a restaurant all under one roof.
How To Get To Joshua Tree
One of the things that makes Joshua Tree an ideal destination for bachelorette parties is that it is easily accessible by direct flight from several cities around the United States.
The closest airport to Joshua Tree is Palm Springs International Airport (PSP), which is located one hour from Joshua Tree. You can pick up an Uber at the airport, taxi, or rent a car to drive to Joshua Tree with your friends.
Palm Springs International Airport has daily flights to a large number of cities in America as well as Canada. In-direct flights can access other international locations. Alternatively, Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is about 150 miles east but has more international and domestic flight options.
Best Time Of Year To Have A Joshua Tree Bachelorette Party?
Joshua Tree is a great place to visit for a bachelorette party year-round. There isn’t a wrong time to visit Joshua Tree, but if you don’t like crowds, avoid the high season between March and May, when the small town becomes busier and the national park can become crowded.
The best time to visit Joshua Tree is between March to May and October to November when the weather averages 85 degrees. During the summer months, the temperatures are very warm but often drop significantly overnight. Keep in mind the cooler nights when heading out to stargaze or while enjoying a meal outside. Many accommodation options include firepits to provide heat when the temperatures cool at night.
Joshua Tree Bachelorette Party Ultimate Guide Wrap Up
I hope you’ve found this Joshua Tree bachelorette party guide helpful. If you have questions about Joshua Tree or tips for our readers, please leave these in the comments below!
And suppose you’re interested in visiting other areas in this beautiful state. In that case, you can check out all our California articles for inspiration or our US bachelorette party guide for other party destination ideas.
We hope that this article has inspired you to visit Joshua Tree for a bachelorette party. If you have questions or advice to share with our readers, please leave these in the comments below.
Want to write for We Are Travel Girls? Visit our Contribute Page to submit your article.
Read More About California
- Ultimate Guide To Lake Tahoe
- West Hollywood & Beverly Hills Girls Getaway Guide
- Santa Barbara Bucketlist
- Complete Guide To Newport Beach
- Ultimate Guide To Ojai
Pin For Later
This article may contain affiliate links, if you purchase something using one of our links we may receive a commission. Please see our Disclosures for more information.