Girls Getaways happen all year round, but one of our favorite times of year to go on a girls getaway is in the springtime. And there is nothing quite like a weekend or week-long getaway in Europe with your girlfriends during one of the prettiest seasons of the year!
Think of days skiing or snowboarding on the slopes, hiking, exploring the city, tasting wine, or attending events.
With so many fabulous spring girls getaway destinations to choose from, in this article, we round up our top 13 spring girls getaway destinations in Europe to get you excited for a weekend away with girlfriends!
1) Paris, France
Paris is France’s one-of-a-kind capital city. Ideal for visiting any time of the year on a girls getaway! But spring offers something special, with fewer people than the summer season and warmer weather than during winter.
During springtime in Paris, there are many live music festivals, events, and outdoor concerts happening all around the city.
On a spring girls getaway imagine sitting in a beautiful French café outside, drinking coffee or glasses of rose, with your girl gang, watching the city go past.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Paris
- No trip to Paris would be complete without a visit to the Eiffel Tower. Take in the views from the top or marvel at its structure from the ground!
- Eat croissants, freshly made bread, drink coffee, and lots of wine!
- Walk around the city instead of taking public transport, to admire the wonderful buildings and architecture.
Accommodation In Paris For Groups
- Edgar Suites Louvre
- Elegant and spacious 4-bedroom Apartment in Quartier de Rochechouart
- Exceptional Architect Loft in North Marais
2) Lisbon, Portugal
Lisbon in the springtime offers something unique and wonderful with flowers in bloom and the colorful buildings coming alive in the sunshine.
The springtime is considered Lisbon’s off-season, meaning fewer tourists and crowds. While the temperature is cooler than the summer months it’s still warm enough to wear a t-shirt, dresses, or lighter fabrics.
On a spring girls getaway in the city, there is lots to do such as cycling through the city, having lunch in the park, exploring unique bookstores, taking a day trip to Pena Palace without the crowds, take a trip to the beach, even enjoy an event in one of the cities parks.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Lisbon
- Sample a pastel de nata, Portugal’s famous cinnamon-dusted egg custard tarts.
- Take a day trip out of the city to visit Belém Tower, Palácio dos Marqueses de Fronteira or Pena Palace in Sintra.
- Explore and dine at a restaurant in Bairro Alto.
Accommodation In Lisbon For Groups
- Stunning apartment located 15 min away from the St. Jorge Castle
- Portas do Sol Terrace, pure charm in Alfama with amazing terrace
- Luxurious apartments by Homing
Spring is often considered by many the best time to visit Amsterdam, with blue skies, mild temperatures, and there are even tulips in bloom!
Amsterdam holds the most events during springtime, with everything from flower festivals, King’s Day birthday celebrations (April), and many more.
During spring the city is alive with tulips, fresh flowers, market stalls, and the floating Bloemenmarkt.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Amsterdam
- Take a canal tour of the city with your girls. Having a cocktail or dinner as you go.
- Tour the city on bicycles.
- Watch the sunset at Pllek, a locals favorite, where you can grab a glass of wine or hot drink and watch the sunset.
Accommodation In Amsterdam For Groups
- Beautiful exclusive large Apartment in Grachtengordel-West
- Hideaway apartment in Oude Pijp
- City center canal view landmark private canal house
4) Amalfi Coast, Italy
The Amalfi Coast might not be the first spring girls getaway location you think of, but it shouldn’t be overlooked. The popular summer getaway destination is less crowded and a much nicer place to visit in the springtime.
With warm weather, and fewer crowds it’s easier to get around the small streets and much more pleasant to get from one town to another.
On a spring girls getaway on the Amalfi Coast, you can walk around the colorful towns, eat dinner outside in a restaurant, and drink an aperitivo or glass of wine in the sunshine.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Amalfi Coast
- Explore the villages of Positano, Atrani, Ravello and Sorrento.
- Take a day trip to the island of Capri with whitewashed houses and beautiful views.
- Walk the beautiful cobbled streets, eat, pizza, and lots of pasta.
Accommodation In Amalfi Coast For Groups
- Charming home in Positano overlooking the ocean
- Elegant and central villa in Positano
- Luxurious residence in the historic 16th century tower on the Positano cliff
5) London, England
London, the capital of England, is a hub of activity and it’s not hard to understand why it’s included in our top 13 spring girls getaways. London comes alive in the spring season, and whilst it may be known for bad weather, it doesn’t rain all the time and you can enjoy lovely blue sky days with daffodils appearing and the days getting longer.
There are far too many girls’ trip ideas for things you can do in London, and having lived there for 15 years rounding the best ones up is hard, but be sure to read some of our favorite (non-touristy) things to do in London for ideas!
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In London
- Have afternoon tea at one of London’s many hotels such as The Savoy, Mad Hatters Tea at Sanderson, The Mayfair Hotel. Or for a girly afternoon tea try Sketch and accompany your tea with a delicious cocktail or Mr. Foggs for a travel inspired tea!
- Go on a Bustronome tour around London and enjoy a 7-course meal whilst taking in the sights of London from the comfort of a luxury bus!
- Whiz around London in classic mini cars with Small Car, Big City
Accommodation In London For Groups
- Fabulous 3 Bed 2 Bath Westminster near Victoria Station, central London
- Leicester square penthouse with terrace
- Luxurious and colourful loft apartment, Soho
6) Berlin, Germany
Berlin is the perfect city for a spring girls getaway with parks, gardens, palaces, culture, and filled with history.
Berlin has the best of everything if your group enjoys history and culture, there are palaces, museums, and historic buildings. If your group is looking to party Berlin is filled with clubs some are even open 24 hours and the city is a gastronomic odyssey. Or a mixture of both!
In spring the city is filled with people having picnics in parks, barbecuing, beer gardens, and weekly fresh produce markets.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Berlin
- Visit the Berlin wall and the East Side Gallery.
- Explore some of Berlin’s landmarks such as Brandenburg Gate, The Reichstag, and Berlin Cathedral.
- Discover Germany’s largest square Alexanderplatz with great shopping, museums, and hotels.
Accommodation In Berlin For Groups
- Unique bohemian loft in Kreuzberg
- Hevals Schloss apartment located in the Steglitz-Zehlendorf
- Huge backyard loft located on the first floor of Berlin’s famous Torstr
7) Belgrade, Serbia
Belgrade is filled with party boats, fortresses, orthodox churches, the cobblestone streets of Skadarlija, and the shopping street of Knez Mihailova Street.
On a spring girls getaway in Belgrade, visitors will find lots of festivals and cultural events all around the city, such as film festivals, and Belgrade’s Irish Festival.
Springtime in the city means quieter streets and fewer crowds, and mild weather. Year-round there are great cuisine choices with great Serbian food choices!
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Belgrade
- Visit Republic Square, with museums and monuments.
- Explore and purchase fresh produce at Zeleni Venac market, with vegetable and fruit stalls.
- Have a night out on a splav – floating restaurants, bars, and nightclubs on barges and boats.
Accommodation In Belgrade For Groups
8) Budapest, Hungary
Budapest is known for being a laidback city, filled with street food, ruin bars, market halls, history, and culture.
Ideal for spring girls getaway Budapest is a great place to spend a relaxing weekend with the girls, visiting a one-of-a-kind outdoor spa, dancing the night away, and eating delicious food.
Spring is a great time to visit the city with the famous Füvészkert gardens filled with cherry blossom trees, the Sakura Festival, the Budapest Spring Festival, Budapest Art Week, jazz concerts, and even a BPBW Beer Week.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Budapest
- Relax in the Szechenyi Spa Baths, backed by the 20th-century Turkish building.
- Sample Lángos a traditional snack of deep-fried bread with cream cheese and garlic. A perfect hangover snack.
- Go shopping at the Great Market Hall with local produce and handicrafts.
Recommended Accommodation In Budapest
- Historic downtown apartment
- Extravagant 3 bedroom apartment in the heart of Budapest
- Modern style apartment two bedroom with free airport shuttle in downtown Budapest
9) Barcelona, Spain
Throughout springtime, the city celebrates many events including Sant Jordi’s Day, World Book Day, Sant Medir Festival, and Semana Santa. There are also events that include the Barcelona Beer Festival, Barcelona Design Week, Sonar Music Festival, and The Dancing Egg.
There is always something great happening in Barcelona, which makes it a great place to visit on a spring girls getaway.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Barcelona
- Visit the Sagrada Familia, the famous 140 years old still uncompleted marvel of construction.
- Relax on one of the city’s many beaches which cover an area stretching 4.5km along the coastline. These beaches are also great for surfing, playing volleyball, or simply just taking a dip in the ocean.
- Visit a La Boqueria, a huge market filled with fruits, vegetables, cold meats, and cheese.
Recommended Accommodation In Barcelona
- Serviced boutique Apartment next to Ramblas
- Beautiful apartment on Rambla Catalunya with views of Gaudi’s Casa Batllo
- Julieta luxury apartment
10) Prague, Czech Republic
Filled with Gothic grace and Renaissance architecture, museums, churches, and bridges, Prague is a great weekend destination any time of the year.
Prague is well-known for its nightlife, jazz and classical music, the riverside JazzDock, and the Cross Club nightlife area.
Great for a spring girls getaway Prague has something for everyone with historic buildings, a riverfront, castles, the Vltava river, farmer’s markets, and cathedrals.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Prague
- Explore and walk around the Old Town Square with alfresco restaurants and street performers.
- Walk across the Charles Bridge and take in the views of the city.
- Watch a puppet show, drink the world-famous beer, and immerse yourself in the Prague nightlife.
Accommodation In Prague For Groups
- River & castle view apartment with sauna & terrace
- Art nouveau 3 bedroom apartment old town square
- Dolce vita glasshouse apartment near the old town square
11) Reykjavik, Iceland
Reykjavik is the capital of Iceland and the gateway to all the amazing natural sites that Iceland has to offer. Fly into the city with your girlfriends and use this as a base to explore the country, or alternatively spend a few days and then hire a car to get around the see everything Iceland has to offer.
Highlights in the country include Jökulsárlón glacial lake, Gullfoss Falls, Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss waterfalls, Kerio Crater lake, Hallgrimskirkja cathedral, Reynisfjara black sand beach, seeing the northern lights and so much more. There are so many things to do in Reykjavik so make sure to book a long week or week in the country!
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Reykjavik
- Lounge around in the geothermal seawater of the Blue Lagoon. Prices start at ISK 6,990 (roughly USD 60) for entry, with options for longer access and spa treatments. You can even stay at The Retreat Hotel at the Blue Lagoon!
- Golden Circle Full Day Tour stopping at the southern waterfalls, geysers, and the point where the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates meet
- Visit Magic Ice, a sub-zero experience where you can visit ice sculptures and enjoy a drink at the ice bar
Accommodation In Reykjavik For Groups
- Incredible Northern lights villa with hot tub just 10 minutes to Reykjavik
- Luxury Penthouse down town for groups
- The Retreat at The Blue Lagoon
12) Rome, Italy
Rome is one of Italy’s most famous cities filled with culture, beautiful landmarks, history, and pasta!
During spring Rome has mild temperatures, is filled with color, and has quieter streets. Summer is the busiest time to visit the city, so spring is considered the shoulder season, with fewer tourists and crowds, which is great for visiting popular attractions such as the Vatican City, Trevi Fountain, and Colosseum.
Rome and Italy are famous for their cuisine and during springtime that is no different, with fresh flavors, and produce such as pecorino (fava beans and cheese) and puntarella (chicory shoot with anchovies).
The city is also filled with spring festivals, such as Natale di Roma with parades and events around the city. There are also Easter festivals.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Rome
- Visit the Vatican City and take in the view from St. Peter’s Basilica. While you are there visit the Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museum
- Eat. your body weight in pizza, pasta, and gelato!
- Throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain and make a wish
Accommodation In Rome For Groups
- Charming apartment Piazza di Spagna / Trevi Fountain overlooking Quirinale
- Centrally located apartment in charming Monti neighborhood, steps from Santa Maria Maggiore and a short stroll to the Colosseum
- The Vatican Roof Garden apartment
13) Austrian Alps
No European spring girls getaway list would be complete without a spring ski trip and one of our favorite spots in Europe, the Austrian Alps. There are plenty of skiing areas and I have spent time in both Obertauaren, which is a fun party town with affordable lodging, and Salbaach Hinterglemm where you can find some more luxury options.
Every day you can get out on the slopes, and then relax with a glass of Aperol Spritz, champagne, or a hot chocolate with girls friends, followed by an evening in the spa!
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Austrian Alps
- Visit the Austrian Alps during March and time your trip with the Skicircus Saalbach White Pearl Mountain Days between March 15th – 30th. Every day you can enjoy live music and DJs performing at different venues around the mountain.
- Request a special champagne breakfast on the snow from your hotel (we did ours a special request with Forsthofalm hotel)
- Take your morning yoga session to the snow. Some hotels offer yoga classes right there on the snow!
Recommended Accommodation In Austrian Alps
Related Post: 8 Tips For Travelling The Swiss Alps On A Budget
Spring Girls Getaways Wrap Up
There you have it, our top 13 destinations for a fun spring girls getaway!
Was your favorite included in the list? Let us know your picks for the best European girls’ getaway destinations for spring!
We hope that this article has inspired you to go on a spring girls getaways. If you have any questions about the destination or have your own travel tips to share please leave these in the comments below.
Read More Girls Getaway Guides
- 15 Best California Girls Getaway Destinations
- Top 10 Winter Girls Getaways Destinations In Europe
- Top 12 Winter Girls Getaways Destinations In The US
- 12 Spring Girls Getaway Destinations In The USA
Pin For Later
This website is a free resource we may use affiliate links in our articles. As an Airbnb Associate, I may earn a fee when you book from this page. Please see our Disclosures for more information.