Whether your idea of a great girls getaway is relaxing by the beach, exploring ruins, lounging by the pool, or enjoying some tequila, Mexico has it all!
Mexico is bordered to the north by the United States; to the south and west by the Pacific Ocean; to the southeast by Guatemala, Belize, and the Caribbean Sea; and to the east by the Gulf of Mexico, making it easily accessible from most places in the United States.
Because Mexico is easy to travel to from the Unites States and also because it offers many fun, upscale destinations such as Tulum, Cabo and Punta Mita, it has become a hot spot for girls getaways.
We rounded up our ten favorite Mexico girls getaways to inspire your next adventure with your girls!
Located on the Caribbean coast of Mexico on the Yucatán Peninsula, Tulum is well known and ideal for a Mexico girls getaway. Filled with time relaxing on the incredible beaches, exploring Mayan ruins and a great nightlife to go with it.
Just an hour and a half drive from Cancun International Airport, Tulum is away from the Cancun crowds with all the charm, ideal for a weekend or weeklong getaway.
In Tulum, you’ll find lush jungles, cenotes and beautiful lagoons. Spend your days sipping cocktails on the beach, jumping into a cenote, or enjoying one of the area’s incredible restaurants.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Tulum
- Spend half a day exploring the ruins at Muyil and the Sian Kaan Nature Reserve on a guided tour. Learn all about the Mayan ruins and the history of this great civilization. On this guided tour, you can also learn and see various birds, plants and animals that inhabit the area and nature reserve.
- Go on a Cenote Adventure exploring the Casa Cenote, Taak Bi Ha Cenote and a private Cenote, snorkeling with fish and turtles in these fantastic underground caves.
- A Xel-Ha Park Pass will give you full access to a natural waterpark, with snorkeling, waterslides, cycling and more, all accompanied by Mexican and International cuisine and an open bar.
Best Places To Stay In Tulum For A Girls Getaway
Tulum has some of the most incredible villas with swimming pools, breathtaking views and alfresco dining options.
Here are three of our favorite vacation rentals:
- Luxury Beachfront Villa – Located in Tankah Bay, this villa has over 4,000 square feet of living space and panoramic oceanfront views.
- Luxury Beachfront Villa with three pools – Winner of the Top Vacation Rental and Rated Excellence awards. Sleeping 14, this villa has three swimming pools, Gourmet Chef packages and ample outdoor space with patios, terraces, rooftops and outdoor space.
- 2-story Resort Home – Sleeping nine; this villa is surrounded by jungle but also keeps Tulum’s unique concept and natural characteristics. This villa is a great girls getaway option, located close to the beach, ruins and the town.
If surfing is your girls getaway activity, of course, you needn’t look any further than Sayulita. Located on Mexico’s Pacific coastline, Sayulita is a beach town filled with charm.
The fishing town is an excellent place for a girls trip with a laid-back atmosphere, rich in history and culture. Often described as “the city of good vibes,” Sayulita is a great destination for surfing, relaxing on the beach, whale watching, yoga, jungle hiking and a great food scene.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Sayulita
- Take your girls on a Canopy Tour and Zip Line at a 19-acre ranch in the jungle. This fully sustainable ranch has 13 zip lines and four suspension bridges. After the tour, tequila tasting and pool time are on the cards.
- Enjoy and visit the towns as a local on a Sayulita and San Pancho Tour with the opportunity to taste exotic fruits, enjoy iconic Mexican street foods and explore the towns.
- Grab your surfboard and head to the beach; whether you and your girl gang are beginners or surfing pros, there is a wave for everyone in Sayulita.
Best Places To Stay In Sayulita For A Girls Getaway
Filled with oceanfront villas and condos, a vacation rental is the perfect choice of accommodation in Sayulita. Here are some of our favorites:
- Vista Hermosa – Located in the Nanzal Hill neighborhood, this villa is built in the traditional Mexican style. Complete with an infinity pool, outdoor grilling area and incredible sunset views.
- 3 Bedroom, 3 Bath Ocean View Home – Sitting on top of a hill, this villa offers incredible views of the Pacific Ocean and Sayulita. With a swimming pool, a large living area with folding doors open out, bringing the outside in, multiple balconies and much more.
- Casa Sonadora – Located close to the beach, this home has plenty of space to relax with four bedrooms, a swimming pool and outdoor areas perfect for relaxing.
3) Punta Mita
Located on a 1,500-acre peninsula, Punta Mita is situated in the Riviera Nayarit, north of Puerto Vallarta. Famous for its white-sand beaches with ample activities, including surfing, watersports, golf and mountain biking.
Punta Mila is known for being higher-end, with big hotels and exclusive resorts, making it perfect for a girls weeklong trip or a weekend break.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Punta Mita
- Take to the water, whether scuba diving, snorkeling, or whale watching. There is a water activity for everyone.
- Go for a hike up Monkey Mountain, with incredible views from the top.
- Have dinner with your gang at one of the town’s incredible restaurants, or spend the afternoon at a beach club.
Best Places To Stay In Punta Mita For A Girls Getaway
- PH Condo – Sleeping six, this ocean-view condo is within walking distance of the town and includes beach club access.
- 4Seasons Condo – This third-floor condo is located directly on the beach with access to numerous beach clubs, golf courses and premier surfing spots.
- Penthouse Retreat Condo – Overlooking a golf course and an incredible six beaches, this penthouse condo has four bedrooms, sleeping up to 8 people, ideal for a Mexican girls getaway.
As the largest city in southeastern Mexico, Mérida is filled with elaborate ruins, the Palacio Canton Museum, the Merida Mayan Museum and the Monumento a la Patria.
Often referred to as the Cultural Capital of the Yucatan Peninsula, this city is a colonial city with plenty of things for you and your girls to visit and experience.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Mérida
- Take a small group 3-hour walking food tour To learn about the traditional culture and enjoy some refreshing drinks and traditional dishes.
- Spend the day on a Chichen Itza trip with stops in Izamal, Valladolid, Cenote Chichikan and Chichén Itzá.
- Explore the Historic Center of Mérida with colonial architecture, cantinas, restaurants, green spaces and many more things to see and enjoy.
Best Places To Stay In Mérida For A Girls Getaway
If a vacation rental is your style, then here are our favorite places to stay:
- Casa Osito – Close to shops, restaurants, markets and local attractions, Casa Osito is a great place to stay.
- Casa Skylarkin – Sleeping ten this house is perfect for large girl groups. The house has been renovated and modernized, with an exotic feel and Moroccan vibe.
- Restored Colonial House – Located close to Paseo Montejo and the Plaza Grande, this house is traditional with a colonial feel. There is a courtyard, three bedrooms, two living spaces and a dining room.
Unlike others on this list, Holbox is a small collection of three tropical islands located north of Cancun; accessed by ferry, this island is a hot spot for white sandy beaches and watersports.
This tropical paradise is filled with nature and a slow rhythm. With no cars on the island, the only transportation is via a golf cart or a short stroll.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Holbox
- Discover the island at night on a stars and bioluminescence kayaking tour where you can paddle and admire the stars while also experiencing the bioluminescent sea life.
- If your girls prefer partying at night, another kayaking option is at sunrise on a kayaking tour through the mangroves. This is an opportunity to see wildlife, including flamingos, osprey and pelicans.
- Grab your snorkels and head to the water. Holbox is an excellent way for your girl gang to explore underwater marine life – if you are lucky, you might see a whale shark.
Best Places To Stay In Holbox For A Girls Getaway
- Casa Libelula – Ideal for a small girl gang Casa Libelula has three large bedrooms and three bathrooms. It is located on the beach in a residential area ideal for a peaceful and quiet girls’ trip.
- Modern Beachfront Villa – This two-story villa has a large outdoor terrace with a living and dining area, ideal for home-cooked meals and relaxing. This modern home has everything you need for a great girls trip.
- Beachfront House – Ideal for a large girls getaway, this beachfront house sleeps up to 20 people in seven bedrooms. With an outdoor pool, gazebos, hammocks, seven bathrooms and is fully equipped with everything needed for a great stay.
A famous tropical island on the Caribbean coastline of Mexico, Cozumel is home to white sandy beaches, coral reefs and many things to see and do.
The island has two sides, one with modern amenities and lots of things to do and the other is quieter and more peaceful – both are worth a visit.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Cozumel
- In Cozumel, your girls can visit El Cielo and the Palancar Reef on a snorkeling tour to swim with stingrays and turtles.
- If you and your girls like to go scuba-diving, Cozumel is the place to go, with the Mesoamerican reef system, which includes coral and extensive marine life.
- Spend the day at a beach club with access to sandy beaches, swimming pools, restaurants, sun loungers, water activities and free-flowing drinks.
Best Places To Stay In Cozumel For A Girls Getaway
- Villa Rosella – Just two minutes walk from San Francisco beach, this villa has a rooftop patio, lounges, an open plan living, kitchen and dining area. Sleeping 11, this 3,000 sq ft villa is elegant and designed for comfort, keeping a traditional design.
- 6th-Floor Oceanfront Condo – This 6th-floor condo has a large terrace with Caribbean Sea views. Sleeping up to 8 guests in four bedrooms, this condo is excellent for a small girls getaway.
- Chango Villa – With over 6,000 square feet of patio and pool area and another 6,000 square feet of living space. The villa also has a private beach and can comfortably sleep up to 20 people with traditional tiling and decoration.
Cabo San Lucas is a luxury resort city on the southern tip of Baja, California, where the desert meets the mountains. With more luxury but less nightlife than others on the list, Cabo is perfect for a quieter girls getaway with a few nightlife options.
Known best for its large sandy beaches, scuba diving, spas and wildlife, Cabo has placed itself firmly into the list of the best Mexico girls getaway destinations.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Cabo
- Take to the water on a 4-hour snorkeling cruise with an open bar, snacks and incredible snorkeling.
- Spend the evening sailing along the Cabo San Lucas coastline on a sunset party cruise with a live DJ and free-flowing drinks, ideal for an unforgettable night out on a Mexico girls getaway.
- Visit a local market to pick up fresh local ingredients for a Mexican cooking class, where a chef will teach you and your friends how to make traditional Mexican dishes.
Our Favourite Places To Stay In Cabo
- Villa Cristina – This modern 2,750 sq foot villa sleeps six in ultimate comfort! Complete with an outdoor swimming pool, sun loungers, outdoor kitchen area and a large trendy inside living space.
- Villa de Tres Hermanas – Located just a short walk from Downtown Cabo and the Marina, this villa is ideally situated for exploring the area.
- Villa Clara Vista – Sleeping up to 12, this villa is perfect for a large girls getaway, with panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean and the Sea of Cortez.
8) Todos Santos
Close to Cabo, Todos Santos has a more traditional vibrant but sleepy feel than its neighbor, with a cultural center, church, theatre and numerous workshops and festivals throughout the year.
The village was previously a major sugar-cane producer but is now well known as a surfing spot, ideal for hiking, horse riding and shopping.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Todos Santos
- For the adventurous, Todos Santos is a great place to take a whale shark swimming tour.
- Take a hike with your gang in the Sierra de la Laguna mountain range for incredible views. The most popular hike is to the top of the Punta Lobos, offering views over an abandoned fishing port.
- Head out of town to Playa Cerritos and have a go at surfing. Whether you are a beginner or an advanced surfer, this is a great place to visit.
Best Places To Stay In Todos Santos For a Girls Getaway
- Casa Del Mar – This Mediterranean-style home perfectly overlooks the ocean and surrounding landscapes. Complete with bi-folding doors throughout the house, offering an outdoor indoor feel.
- Three-Bedroom Resort Home – This tropical desert paradise has ocean views from every area of the house. With a vast winding swimming pool surrounded by an outdoor kitchen area, seating and bi-folding doors, you are bringing the outside in. This villa is the ultimate girl gang villa with everything you need for a great trip.
- Adobe Built Beach House – Sleeping eight, this house has unobstructed ocean views, ample outdoor space and a spacious living area.
9) Mexico City
Mexico City is filled with infinite charm and is one of the oldest cities in the Americans. There are cultural sites, ample world-class restaurants, a thriving nightlife scene and ancient bars.
If you’re looking for a perfect destination for a girls’ getaway, Mexico City offers a wonderful blend of old and new Mexico. With an abundance of attractions and activities, one weekend won’t be enough – you may need to plan for a longer trip to explore everything the city has to offer.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Mexico City
- Take a day trip to the Teotihuacan and Tlateloloc. You can explore the Teotihuacan archaeological complex, see the pyramids of the Sun and Moon and learn about Mexican history.
- Take in 360-degree views of the city from the Torre Latino Observation Deck on the 44th floor with incredible city views. You can also visit the Bicentennial and City Museums.
- Visit the floating gardens World Heritage Site of Xochimilco, with an extensive canal and lake system just 40 minutes outside the city.
Best Places To Stay In Mexico City For A Girls Getaway
- Condesa Apartment – Sleeping nine, this 840 sq foot apartment is in the city’s Condesa neighborhood. It’s ideal for a girls trip with close proximity to coffee shops, iconic bakeries, boutiques and hip restaurants.
- 3-Bedroom Apartment – Located in the heart of Polanco, this three-bedroom apartment is stylish and sophisticated within walking distance of shops, restaurants and local attractions.
- La Roma House – Complete with an outdoor living area, a terrace or patio area, and large windows, making the house light and airy. Complete with modern amenities, this apartment is ideal for a girls getaway.
10) Valle de Guadalupe
Providing 90% of the wines in the whole of Mexico, Valle de Guadalupe is the Napa of Mexico and a must for a girls getaway!
Valle de Guadalupe in Baja, California is a beautiful place known for its amazing wine production and over 100 wineries. The atmosphere is a perfect blend of rustic charm and elegance, and the food is exceptional. It’s an exclusive experience you don’t want to miss.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Valle de Guadalupe
- Even if wine isn’t your favorite drink, it is a must to go on a wine-tasting tour; the tour offers gourmet cuisine and artisanal products.
- Make a reservation at the Finca Altozano for the perfect combination of incredible food and wine.
- Head to Cuatro Cuatros for drinks and one of the best sunset views in the area.
Ehere To Stay In Valle de Guadalupe For A Girls Getaway
- Rustic Getaway – This rural hideaway offers panoramic views over the valley from every room! It is also located close to famous restaurants, many wineries and shops.
- Terra Monarca – Perfect for six, this hilltop rental overlooks the Valle de Guadalupe vineyards. It is also just a 15-minute drive from restaurants and wineries and a 5-minute walk from Vena Cava.
- Beautiful Vineyard House – This unique-looking home offers something different in the valley. The home has modern, light bedrooms with incredible views, an outdoor shower, a bathtub, and a fire pit.
We hope this article has inspired you to go on a Mexico Girls Getaway! If you have any questions or have your own travel tips to share, please leave these in the comments below.
Do you want to share your travel tips by guest writing for We Are Travel Girls? Please visit our Contribute page for guidelines and to submit your article.
Pin For Later
This website is a free resource, but we may use affiliate links in our articles. Please see our Disclosures for more information.