Tulum is a beautiful destination on Mexico’s Caribbean coast in the Quintana Roo region of the Yucatan Peninsula. Located just 80 miles from Cancun and 40 miles from Playa del Carmen, Tulum offers a quieter less touristy option to its neighbors, but still with a great party or relaxing vibe.
Tulum is an ideal spot for a bachelorette party or a girls’ getaway, with fantastic white sandy beaches, ancient ruins, mesmerizing cenotes, and caves – all bathed in sunshine.
If you’re looking to plan an incredible girls’ getaway in Mexico, look no further. Tulum should be on the top of your list of places to have your bachelorette party weekend if you are looking for a fun-filled beach getaway.
Here’s our ultimate Tulum bachelorette party guide with the best bachelorette activities, brunch spots, picturesque locations, hidden gems, and more.
Top Things To Do On A Tulum Bachelorette Party
Whether your girl gang likes to spend time on the water, explore ruins, dive, snorkel or relax on a beach, there is something for everyone in your bachelorette group in Tulum! Here are some of the best things to do in Tulum for a bachelorette party!
1) Explore the Mayan Tulum Ruins
Tulum was previously built as a seaport fortress to protect the East with a large limestone wall around the city on three sides.
These old stone structures can be used today at the Tulum Archeological Site. Tulum is an incredibly popular archaeological site in Mexico. The ruins are perched on cliffs overlooking the stunning turquoise waters that stretch out as far as you can see.
2) Explore the 346 miles of dry and underwater tunnels of the Sistema Sac Actun
The Sistema Sac Actun is an underwater cave system along the Yucatan Peninsula, with tunnels to the north and west of Tulum. It is located nine miles from Tulum.
The area has more than 248 cenotes that are part of the extensive complex; here, you can swim, go snorkeling or dive.
3) Relax on a beautiful beach
A visit to Tulum isn’t complete without a day relaxing on one of the area’s many beaches. Tulum is famous for having white sandy beaches and blue waters, often quieter than the beaches in Cancun and Playa del Carmen.
Some great beaches to visit are; Playa Paraíso, Playa Ruinas, Playite Tortuga and Santa Fe Beach.
4) Take to the water and go scuba diving or snorkeling
Tulum isn’t short of snorkeling or diving spots; there are plenty of options with over 6,000 cenotes around the Yucatan Peninsula.
Some great options for snorkeling locations are the Tulum Ruins, the Grand Bahia Principe Tulum, Gran Cenote, Cenote Calavera, Dos Ojos Cenote and Xel-Ha.
5) Visit Casa Cenote freshwater springs
Casa Cenote is one of the lesser crowded snorkeling spots in the area, just 10 km from Tulum. This cenote is located close to the beach and you can swim, snorkel, dive, relax on the beach and enjoy lunch at a local restaurant.
6) Explore the quieter Muyil ruins on the Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve
The Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve is an area of natural beauty with thousands of species of flora and fauna; it is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is also the largest protected area in the Mexican Caribbean.
This reserve offers water activities such as snorkeling, fishing, birdwatching, and opportunities to learn about the area and its ruins.
7) Try water sports activities such as paddle boarding, snorkeling, kayaking, or kitesurfing
Tulum is a great place to try water sports such as paddleboarding, snorkeling, kayaking, kitesurfing, swimming and diving.
8) Explore downtown Tulum, with great restaurants, shops, and nightlife options
You can’t visit Tulum without exploring downtown Tulum, with incredible restaurants, shops and nightlife options.
Tulum Centro is divided into four distinct areas: the downtown core, La Veleta, Aldea Zone, and the northern residential area, which is particularly favored by locals. Most bars, restaurants and shops can be found along Highway 307.
9) Try ceviche and of course tacos!
A trip to Mexico isn’t complete without eating some tacos and trying traditional Mexican dishes and tequila.
Many traditional dishes in the area are of Mayan origin, with traditional barbecue pork and cochinita pibil.
10) Visit Kaan Luum Lagoon, a great swimming spot and an escape from the crowd
Kaan Luum Lagoon is located in the middle of the Mayan Jungle, approximately 15 minutes south of Tulum.
This large cenote is shaped like a very large circle, complete with turquoise water. Here you and your girl gang can swim, relax in a hammock, kayak, or dive.
Best Tours In Tulum For A Bachelorette Party
Tulum offers a variety of enjoyable tours for exploring the area, taking to the water and visiting natural wonders. For a bachelorette party, here are five great options:
- Spend the day exploring and learning about all the archaeological sites in Tulum and Coba on a full-day tour with lunch.
- Enjoy and explore two Cenotes on a half-day tour with time to visit the Tulum ruins.
- Marvel at the Mayan ruins of Chichén Itzá on a full-day guided tour with lunch and tequila tasting.
- Discover the natural wonder of Xel-Há on a Xel-Ha Park one-day pass with the opportunity to snorkel, relax on the lazy river and enjoy unlimited drinks.
- Enjoy an afternoon at the Maya Adrenaline Park with a zipline, ATV rides through the jungle, time to explore a cenote and a tasty lunch.
Best Hotels In Tulum For A Bachelorette Party
Tulum has a wide selection of exceptional hotels, ideal for bachelorette party groups. These hotels offer impressive amenities like rooftop pools, aesthetically pleasing bedrooms, and unlimited brunches. Here are the top ten hotels in Tulum that are perfect for bachelorette celebrations!
- Hotel Bardo – This five-star hotel is located in the centre of Tulum and is ideal for a girl gang with close proximity to local amenities. Hotel Bardo has an onsite spa and onsite fine-dining restaurant along with 30 luxury rooms and an outdoor pool.
- Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya – Located in Akumal, this hotel is an adults-only all-inclusive hotel right on the beach. The five-star hotel is a great place to relax with a white sandy beach, beach cabanas, a beach bar, a spa, and seven onsite restaurants. The hotel also offers aerobics classes and yoga.
- Conrad Tulum Riviera Maya – The Conard Tulum is ideal for large girl gangs with two-bedroom suites which sleep up to six people. The Conrad is located in a rural area on a private beach close to attractions such as the Xel-Há Park and Akumal Ecological Center.
- Palmaia – The House of AiA Wellness Enclave – With four outdoor pools, Palmaïa is a great place to relax. It is located within the Playacar Zona Hotelera close to Playacar Golf Club and Piste Cyclable sur Paseo Xaman-Ha. This all-inclusive resort has four onsite restaurants, two poolside bars, a beach bar and a terrace.
- Unico Hotel Riviera Maya – Ideal for larger bachelorette gangs this hotel has rooms which sleep between six and two people in oceanview rooms and one and two-bedroom suites. Located in Kantenah next to a golf course and right on the beach. This five-star adults-only resort has five onsite restaurants, an onsite spa, yoga classes, a gym, three poolside bars, a terrace and an art gallery.
- La Casa de la Playa by Xcaret – This adults-only all-inclusive resort is located in Playa del Carmen, close to Playa del Carmen Main Beach, Mamitas Beach, Xplor Theme Park and Xcaret Eco Theme Park. This hotel also offers free roundtrip airport shuttles, free water park access and free wifi.
- Copal Tulum – Copal Tulum has a mixture of studios, one-bedroom, two-bedroom, three and four bedrooms rooms, sleeping up to 10 people comfortably. The resort also offers cooked-to-order breakfasts, two outdoor pools, free self-parking and memory foam beds.
- Be Tulum Beach and Spa Resort – Located close to Tulum Beach, Be Tulum Beach and Spa Resort offers 64 individually furnished rooms, three onsite restaurants, a spa, an outdoor pool, a poolside bar and a bar/lounge area.
- Villa Sanah – Villa Sanah is made up of 12 individual villas with their own pools and outdoor areas. These villas can sleep between two and eight people comfortably. The villa complex has a coffee shop, snack bar, Turkish bath and offers Thai and Ayurvedic treatments.
- Hotel Muare Tulum – With 26 rooms which offer private pools, bike rentals, free continental breakfast, a terrace and an onsite spa. The four-and-a-half-star luxury hotel is located in the La Veleta neighborhood close to Xel-Há Park, Tulum Beach, Dos Aguas Park, Cenote Crystal and Playa Paraiso.
You can also check out our guide to the best Airbnbs and vacation rentals in Tulum.
Best Restaurants In Tulum For A Bachelorette Party
With so many excellent restaurants in Tulum, it can be hard to choose where to dine, with an array of restaurants from authentic Mexican to American and European influences.
Here are our suggestions for ten of the best restaurants in Tulum for bachelorette parties.
- Arca – Famous for its classic mezcal cocktails, which pair perfectly together with the elegant small plates on offer. Arca specialises in open-fire cooking with explosive flavors.
- Hartwood – This restaurant offers the perfect mix of Yucatan-style food and American cooking. The menu at Hartwood changes daily and is based on the sea and land. The owners travel hours to Yucatan markets and farms to collect fresh local ingredients to serve in their restaurant.
- Mezzanine – Considered by many as the best Thai restaurant in Tulum, with sweeping panoramic views of the beach and traditional dishes that have made the spot famous over the past 16 years.
- Posada Margherita – This Italian-inspired hotel and restaurant is an oasis of authentic Italian comforts. The restaurant features authentic, fresh pasta and pizza.
- Macondo – Straight out of Morocco, Macondo is filled with plush cushions, beautiful textiles and incredible lanterns. We are offering traditional dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Rosanegra – This Latin American-inspired restaurant pays tribute to Brazil, Peru, Colombia, Mexico and Argentina. The restaurant also has a beach club, transforming into a Latin party by the sea.
- Meze – This Greek restaurant and bar is located on Tulum Beach Road. The restaurant is within a white stone hacienda and has an impressive menu inspired by the Greek executive chef Alexandros Gkoutsi’s grandmother’s traditional recipes.
- Kin Toh at Azvlik – As one of the most high-end restaurants on the list, Kin Toh is a treehouse in the Mayan Jungle. A must-visit for those who love food – booking is recommended.
- Gitano – With three locations in Tulum – Jungle, Beach and Meze, Gitano is a local’s favorite. Whether you want to eat dinner at the modern original location in the jungle, at the restaurant and beach club, or at the Aegean Taverna.
- Loco Tulum – Idan Lifshitz brought a unique taste of Mediterranean cuisine to Tulum. The menu at Loco Tulum is seasonal and the culinary team achieves new flavors, textures and aromas regularly.
Best Bars In Tulum For A Bachelorette Party
Tulum has gained a reputation for having a wide range of excellent bars to quench your thirst. Whether you’re looking for a sophisticated cocktail lounge or a lively local dive, there’s something to suit every palate in Tulum.
From our local experience, here are ten of the best bars in Tulum for bachelorette parties.
- Kin Toh at Azvlik – Is one of the most high-end restaurants and bars on the list. Kin Toh is a treehouse in the Mayan Jungle with ‘nests’ offering incredible jungle views, hammocks, lanterns and bamboo lights.
- Gitano – The brand’s beach club and restaurant is located in a white sand cove, with brunch and cocktails made from locally sourced fruits and herbs. The bar offers a signature Mezcal cocktail with a modern menu and is perfect for lounging all day on the beach or disco nights depending on what your girls like betetr.
- Batey Mojito and Guarapo Bar – Open from 7am to 11:30 pm, this cocktail bar has live music most nights and offers fresh cane mojitos and guarapos.
- Mateo’s Mexican Grill Tulum – This restaurant and bar has a sports bar feel combined with a rooftop bar perfect for watching the sunset.
- Encanto Cantina Tulum – This outdoor bar and restaurant serve delicious Mexican food, seafood, creative cocktails and live music.
- Nana Rooftop Bar – Complete with award-nominated bartenders, live music and a Japanese Mexican Fusion, this cocktail bar has a drink for everyone.
- I Scream Bar – Located right on the beach, this popular bar draws in big crowds with its iconic drinks and superb entertainment; they even serve famous ice cream.
- Santino Bar Tulum – Located right on Tulum’s main street, this bar-turned-nightclub offers great music, DJ sets and a rooftop bar.
- La Zebra Tulum – This beachside hotel has one of the best bars in the area, with authentic Mexican flavors, expert mixologists and super cocktails.
- Tantra Beach Club – With a bohemian and chich style, this beach club offers incredible beach views, beach party vibes and even has a resident DJ. Located in the Hotel Zone this beach club offers white sandy beaches, blue waters and luxury services.
How To Get To Tulum
One of the things that makes Tulum an ideal destination for bachelorette parties is that it is easily accessible by direct flight from several cities around the United States.
The closest airport to Tulum is Cancun International Airport (CUN), which is located between one hour and 45 minutes from Tulum. You can pick up an Uber at the airport, taxi, or rent a car.
This airport offers flights to numerous US destinations, Mexico, Europe and Canada. Cancun International Airport offers direct flights from Canada, France, Spain, Argentina, Colombia, Costa Rica, the United Kingdom, Germany and more – making the city accessible from all around the world.
Best Time Of Year To Have A Tulum Bachelorette Party?
Tulum is a great city to visit for a bachelorette party year-round. There isn’t a wrong time to visit Tulum, but if you don’t like crowds, avoid the high season between December and April.
The rainy season in Tulum happens between June and September, but you can still find warm and sunny weather during this time. The best time to visit Tulum is between November and April when the weather is warm and settled.
Tulum Bachelorette Party Ultimate Guide Wrap Up
I hope you’ve found this Tulum bachelorette party guide helpful. If you have questions about Tulum or tips for our readers, please leave these in the comments below!
And if you’re interested in visiting other areas in this beautiful state, you can check out all our Mexico articles for inspiration or our US bachelorette party guide for other party destination ideas.
We hope that this article has inspired you to visit Tulum for a bachelorette party. If you have questions or advice to share with our readers, please leave these in the comments below.
Want to write for We Are Travel Girls? Visit our Contribute Page to submit your article.
Read More About Mexico
- A Local’s Guide To Oaxaca City, Mexico
- The Best Day Trips From Cancun, Mexico
- 3 Days In Mexico City
- How Mexico Stole Our Hearts
- Living The Surf Dream In Puerto Escondido, Mexico
Pin For Later
This article may contain affiliate links, if you purchase something using one of our links we may receive a commission. Please see our Disclosures for more information.