Girls’ getaways can obviously be enjoyed all year round, but one of our favorite times of year to go on a girls’ trip is during the warm summer months. And there is nothing quite like a weekend or week-long getaway in Europe with your girlfriends during the sunniest season of the year!
Think of days hiking, drinking wine, relaxing on the beach, exploring cities, dancing warm nights away, or sailing along crystal blue waters.
There are so many fabulous vacation options to choose from so in this article, we round up our top 12 girls’ getaway destinations in Europe to get you excited for a weekend or week away with your girlfriends!
1) Santorini, Greece
This wouldn’t be a top list of Europe summer girls’ getaways without a Greek island and Santorini is one of the best. Although one of the most popular islands, the white-washed buildings, and blue-domed houses have to be seen to be believed.
Greece is a long-time favorite destination with people from all around the world, and with yacht charters, boat trips, incredible oceanfront restaurants, hikes with picturesque views, and the famous Oia sunset views, it’s easy to see why.
Imagine watching the sunset over the ocean with your girl gang drinking a cocktail or a glass of wine, before heading to a beach club, or getting an early night ready for a sunrise hike.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Santorini, Greece
- Nothing beats getting out onto the water, so join this small group catamaran tour which includes a freshly prepared Greek meal and an open bar!
- Head to Santo Winery to sample Greek wine with an incredible view or join a highlights of Santorini tour that includes wine tasting and sunset in Oia
- Want to see the island in a unique way, then why not by horseback?! On this horse-riding adventure with experienced guides you will ride along the beach and up into the canyons and ravines behind the coastline, following ancient trails before reaching the scenic cliff top.
Accommodation In Santorini, Greece
You cannot really go wrong with accommodation in Santorini as many of the stunning cave hotels overlook the Mediterranean ocean!
- Dana Villas and Infinity Suites offer stunning views and cave suites with private pools.
- Nikki Beach Resort & Spa Santorini Stay at famous Nikki Beach which offers modern rooms and a beautiful pool with cabanas to relax with your girlfriends.
- Canaves Oia Suites This highly rated hotel has a variety of rooms to choose from, many with private pools overlooking the water.
2) Stockholm, Sweden
With over 18 hours of sunshine a day, Stockholm is a great summer destination for a girls’ getaway.
A summer trip to Stockholm is filled with outdoor dining, exploring the city on cycling tours or walking tours, and boat trips along Lake Mälaren to see iconic landmarks such as the UNESCO listed Drottningholm Palace.
During the summertime in Stockholm there are many exhibitions, live music events, summer festivals, and outdoor events taking place throughout the city.
On a summer girls’ getaway imagine sitting outside having a cocktail in the sunshine, visiting an all-night club, sitting on the riverfront with a coffee, or taking to the water admiring the incredible architecture.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Stockholm, Sweden
- Visit the Vasa Museum in Stockholm and explore one of the world’s most magnificent shipwrecks, with over 60% of its original parts still preserved. Learn about Swedish culture at Fotografiska Museum which includes a permanent exhibition on photography through history.
- Wander around the Old Town (Gamla Stan), filled with bars, restaurants, and the Royal Palace.
- Take a tour of Stockholms subway stations. Discover the artistic wonders of Stockholm’s subway system on this guided tour. Travel along the red and blue lines to admire fascinating artwork from over 150 artists.
Accommodation In Stockholm, Sweden
- Grand Hôtel Stockholm is a centrally located hotel in the city center close to the Metro Station. The hotel has a full-service spa and indoor swimming pool perfect for a girls pampering day!
- Ett Hem is a historic feeling hotel in Stockholm’s Ostermalm neighborhood. The hotel has plenty of communal areas to relax including a charming courtyard, a state of the art gym with a traditional Swedish sauna and hot stone slab.
- The Bank Hotel is part of the Small Luxury Hotels Group and an intimate modern place to stay in Stockholm.
3) Paris, France
Paris is France’s one-of-a-kind capital city, ideal for visiting any time of the year! A summer girls’ getaway in Paris is full of picnics with views of the Eiffel Tower, sitting outside a cafe drinking coffee and eating croissants, drinking a glass of rosé on the Seine, and watching the city go past with your girl gang.
During the summer in Paris, there are many events and outdoor concerts happening all around the city. Some great events to look out for are Bastille Day (July 14th) and live outdoor concerts in the city’s parks.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Paris
- No trip to Paris would be complete without a visit to the Eiffel Tower. Take in the views from the top or marvel at its structure from the ground!
- Take a private tour out of the city to visit beautiful Versailles and Giverny to explore Claude Monet’s former home and breathtaking gardens.
- Go on a sunset tour along the Seine marveling at Paris’ stunning architecture from the water with an aperitif in hand!
Accommodation In Paris, France
- Le Cinq Codet is a 5-star hotel on the left bank in Paris, conveniently located close to the Palais les Invalides, the Rodin Museum and the Eiffel Tower.
- The Relais Christine is a 5-star hotel perfectly located on the left bank of Paris. Built on the remains of the Abbey of the Grands-Augustin.
- Treat yourself and stay at the fabulous Four Seasons and enjoy brunch with your girlfriends at Le George restaurant.
4) Zurich, Switzerland
When you think of Switzerland you might not necessarily think of it as a summer destination, with the country often associated with winter sports rather than being a sunshine destination. But that’s not the case, summer in Switzerland is as beautiful (if not more beautiful) and filled with as many things to see and do as in winter.
Zurich is Switzerland’s largest city and it’s filled with things to do and see. In the summer the city comes alive with outdoor events and concerts, including Caliente (Latin festival), Street Parade (August), Zurich OpenAir music festival (August), and Swiss National Day (August 1st).
Great for summer girls’ getaways, Zurich has something for every group to enjoy, with world-class spas, picturesque hiking trails, and great Sunday brunch spots!
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Zurich, Switzerland
- Take a tour around the city in a private tuk tuk. This is a great way to see the city with the tour starting at the main station and taking you on a journey through Zurich. You will pass the the Landesmuseum, and visit Zurich’s university quarter, the beautiful old town and take a walk along Zurich’s popular promenade, the Niederdorf.
- Head out for a Sunday brunch, some great spots are Café des Amis, Kafischnaps, or Nordbrücke
- Visit one of Switzerland’s famous world-class spas, such as the stunning Dolder Grand Spa where you can enjoy treatments and lunch out on the deck.
Accommodation In Zurich, Switzerland
- The popular Widder Hotel is centrally located in Zurich with uniquely designed rooms.
- The Baur au Lac hotel in the old town is a member of Leading Hotels of the World and one of the finest places to stay in Zurich.
- The Dolder Grand located in the suburbs but close to the Metro. The hotel also has a full-service spa and a free area shuttle.
Monaco is known for year-round glitz and glam but summer is when the small country comes alive with incredible views of the Mediterranean coastline, marinas filled with yachts, world-class bars, restaurants, along with beach clubs and incredible rooftops bars.
Not only does Monaco have glamorous and famous celebrities, it’s also a great place to participant in water sports, cycle the hills, take to the water on a boat trip, relax on a beach, go diving, play a round of golf, or even go horse riding.
Monaco is a great summer girls’ getaway destination, with the added benefit of being a great base for exploring both France and Italy on day trips.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Monaco
- Head to brunch at Saphir 24 or Horizon – Deck Restaurant & Champagne Bar on the waterfront.
- Take a full day tour exploring the beautiful houses and historic properties along the Côte d’Azur. On the tour you will visit Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild in Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, a villa inspired by the Venetian renaissance residences and Villefranche-sur-Mer set in a harbour that regarded as one of the most beautiful in the world.
- Get dressed up and put your gambling hat on for a visit to the famous Casino de Monte Carlo.
Accommodation In Monaco
- Hotel Metropole, Monte Carlo Sound proofed rooms mean you will get an excellent night sleep, no matter whether your neighbor is partying until the morning! There are three great restaurants and a full spa to enjoy.
- Fairmont Monte Carlo Perfectly located a 3 minute walk from the casino, Salle Garnier Opera House and the Japanese Garden, and around 15 minutes to the harbor.
- Columbus Monte-Carlo Hotel offers a slightly more affordable option for visitors.
6) Biarritz, France
For a quieter and low-key girls’ getaway in France, head to Biarritz. This French coastal town is popular for surfing getaways and beach trips while also gaining an insight into the French way of life.
With warm weather and fewer crowds than other French coastal destinations, Biarritz might be smaller than other French towns, but it is filled with picturesque beaches, family-run restaurants, and friendly locals.
On a summer girls’ getaway imagine shopping at family-run businesses, walking to Rocher de la Vierge, drinking wine, and eating tapas while watching the sunset.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Biarritz, France
- Take a walk to Rocher de la Vierge or “Rock of the Virgin” over narrow bridges and along a seaside path. On top of the Rock of the Virgin is a statue which overlooks Biarritz’s bay. It has been marked as an emblematic monument to this city in France and from its vantage point, you can see that on one side there lies “Biarritz Grande Plage” – also known as La Grande Beach – and on another side, The Pyrenees are looming overhead!
- Pack up a picnic and head to the picturesque and very popular beach Plage du Port Vieux for the day. The beach is nestled in the headland so the water is calmer for a relaxed swim.
- Take a private guided walking tour of the city visiting the legendary Hôtel du Palais, the elegant Art Deco-style municipal casino, and the famous Grande Plage.
Accommodation In Biarritz, France
- Le Regina Biarritz Hotel & Spa MGallery Beachfront hotel that is part of Historic Hotels of the World
- Beaumanoir Small Luxury Boutique Hotel located in the city center with a beautiful and relaxing pool to unwind
- Hôtel du Palais Biarritz, in The Unbound Collection by Hyatt is a stunning luxury hotel with a full service spa and three onsite restaurants.
7) London, England
London is a hub of activity and this wouldn’t be a top 12 Europe summer girls’ getaway list without including the English capital. London comes alive during the summer season, and whilst it may be known for its bad weather, it doesn’t rain all the time and you can enjoy lovely blue skies and daylight until after 9pm.
Think rooftop brunches, picnics in the park, visiting the famous London landmarks, and of course stopping for afternoon tea.
There are far too many girls’ trip ideas for things you can do in London, but be sure to read some of our favorite (non-touristy) things to do in London for ideas!
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In London
- Have afternoon tea at one of London’s many hotels such as The Savoy, Mad Hatters Tea at Sanderson, Mr. Foggs, The Mayfair Hotel. Or for a girly afternoon tea try Sketch and accompany your tea with a delicious cocktail!
- Go on a Bustronome tour around London and enjoy a 7-course meal whilst taking in the sights of London from the comfort of a luxury bus!
- Whiz around London in classic mini cars with Small Car, Big City
Accommodation In London, England
There are so many great areas and places to stay in London so make sure to read our complete guide on where to stay in the city when it comes to choosing accommodation for your group. The guide covers 6 different great areas to stay, including Notting Hill, Covent Garden and Shoreditch sharing the pros and cons of the area, what it is close to and our hotel recommendations.
- Number Sixteen, Firmdale Hotels is a lovely hotel in the center of South Kensington. Number Sixteen offers you access to Hyde Park, museums like The Natural History Museum and Science museum plus they have their own tree-filled private garden with an Orangery where you can enjoy afternoon tea! You will also find 24 hour room service, valet services as well as high speed wireless internet connection at this cozy bed & breakfast.
- Ace Hotel London Shoreditch brings 100 Shoreditch High Street into harmony with the neighbourhood of Shoreditch, a hub for galleries, theaters and fashion. Home to Brick Lane Market and an essential canvas for street artists from around the world.
- St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel in St Pancras, Kings Cross. After years of restoration, the St Pancras Renaissance Hotel is now said to be one of London’s most romantic buildings!
8) Hvar, Croatia
Well-known for The Yacht Week, hidden island parties, and all-day clubs, Croatia has been making a name for itself as one of the top girls’ getaways summer destinations.
Hvar is a great destination for a girls’ getaway with lots of things to see and do, including visiting the oldest town in Croatia – Stari Grad, taking to the water on a sailing boat, going on a boat trip, renting a kayak, renting a paddleboard, or just simply snorkeling.
The island even has vineyards, live music events throughout the summer, a bustling nightlife, and great beaches to relax on.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Hvar, Croatia
- Take to the water Hvar Full-Day Sailing Tour, that takes you out to the beautiful Paklinski Islands.
- Go on a private walking tour around Hvar. You will see the oldest public theatre in Europe established in the 13th-century Arsenal building, visit the iconic Spanish fortress on a hill above the old town, see the 15th-century Franciscan monastery, Benedictine Convent, as well as Hvar town loggia, and a clock tower.
- Hvar is filled with beach clubs and bars, wander along the waterfront and pick one these for lunch and an afternoon in the sun. Popular spots include Hula Hula, Bonj ‘les bains’ and Carpe Diem.
Recommended Accommodation In Hvar, Croatia
- Adriana Hvar Spa Hotel The hotel has great panoramic views over Hvar from its rooftop bar, as well as a luxurious Sensorí spa, that offers therapeutic, massage and beauty treatments and a rooftop pool.
- Amfora Hvar Grand Beach Resort Popular among women, this luxury resort is situated on a secluded bay. There is a multi level freshwater pool and all the rooms enjoy views of Paklinski Islands or the well groomed gardens.
- Heritage Hotel Park Hvar is a charming and historic property that opened in doors in 2020. The hotel is close to many of Hvars main attractions and is around 1.4 km from Beach Sirena.
9) Dublin, Ireland
Dublin is Ireland’s unique one-of-a-kind capital city. Ideal for visiting year any time of the year on a girls’ getaway! But summer offers something special with warmer weather and longer days.
A European summer girls’ getaway in Dublin is filled with beer drinking, afternoon tea with a twist, pub crawls, and countryside adventures.
The Irish city is the home and birth-place of Guinness, and you can visit the Guinness Storehouse to learn all about the history of the famous drink and how its created.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Dublin, Ireland
- Enjoy afternoon tea with a twist – the Hendrick’s Gin High Tea at the Gin Palace Dublin
- Make your own jewelry at the jewelry making class at Silver Works
- Take a trip to the home of Guinness at the Guinness Storehouse
Recommended Accommodation In Dublin, Ireland
- The Shelbourne, Autograph Collection The Shelbourne Dublin is the hotel that started it all. It’s smart, stylish and utterly distinctive with Victorian charm in every corner. A chic spa area features a private pool for relaxing after long days of exploring Ireland’s vibrant capital city!
- The Westbury Hotel With the Westbury, you don’t have to choose between quality and convenience. This elegant hotel offers an unparalleled location in Dublin’s main shopping district with impeccable service and gourmet food!
- The Dylan Hotel is like having a little piece of heaven in the middle of bustling, hectic city life. The hotel was recently renovated to perfection and boasts unbeatable amenities including luxury accommodations with breathtaking views!
10) Kotor, Montenegro
Montenegro is dubbed to be the next Croatia, with the same picturesque villages and affordable accommodation. One of these great towns is Kotor. Kotor is a fortified town on Montenegro’s Adriatic coast, in a bay near the limestone cliffs of Mt. Lovćen with some seriously winding streets and squares!
Home to Kotor Cathedral, it also has plenty of other old churches that are worth checking out; for example Sveti Đorđe off Perast features an ancient church built centuries ago – how cool? It’s even home to the Maritime Museum which explores local seafaring history so when you’re done exploring all those nooks and crannies don’t forget this place either because they have something for everyone here too!”
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Kotor, Montenegro
- Wake up early to climb to San Giovanni Fortress. From here you will get the most stunning vistas over the Bay Of Kotor and it is an absolute must when you are in the city.
- Take a boat tour to Our Lady Of The Rocks and the blue cave.
- Spend a day wandering through the streets of Kotor, this old town is quite small so it is easy to see it all in a day. Make sure to stop for brunch or dinner at Konoba Scala Santa (our favorite restaurant in the city!)
Accommodation In Kotor, Montenegro (and surrounding areas)
- Casa Del Mare An upmarket boutique hotel with tastefully decorated, contemporary bedrooms, there is also the pebble beach where guests can lounge on hammocks or tented double sun beds. This Montenegrin paradise will leave you feeling relaxed!
- Hotel Conte, Perast Located on the seafront promenade in Perast, overlooking Kotor Bay; Hotel Conte is made up of four 18th-century stone buildings. These ancient structures are welcoming and blissfully restful with 34 rooms, suites, and apartments that make it ideal for couples or families to enjoy a romantic getaway. The hotel has an excellent restaurant located directly next to the water’s edge which offers breathtaking views.
11) Porto, Portugal
Porto is less well-known than the Portuguese capital of Lisbon, but it shouldn’t be overlooked. With the same architecture and magic as the capital, Porto is filled with cobbled narrow streets, incredible views, and colorful buildings.
With warm and sunny weather, but not too hot like other European destinations during the summer months. Filled with color, festivals, outdoor events, and boat trips, Porto is the perfect blend of culture and history.
On a Europe summer girls’ getaway imagine walking around the beautiful streets, exploring the city by boat, or taking a trip to the Douro Valley wine region to sample some local wines with your girl gang.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Porto, Portugal
- Explore the city by boat on Rio Douro. This Douro river sailing tour on board a Bénéteau First 47.7 takes you to the Ponte da Arrabida, the old market (Alfandega), the Porto wine cellars, and the beautiful Ponte Luis I.
- Take a trip to the Douro Valley region, to explore Portugal’s wine country. This all day Douro tour includes lunch, wine tasting at two wineries and a river cruise.
- For a more adventurous day out try this off road buggy adventure. This is a 3 hour tour that includes a visit to Castromil’s gold mines and the Roman ruins of Castro Mozinho, where you can absorb and understand a little more of the history of Portugal.
Accommodation In Porto, Portugal
- Maison Albar Hotels Le Monumental Palace Located in a renovated historic building from 1923, the Maison Albar Hotels Le Monumental Palace offers 5-star accommodations and is located only 3 minutes away from Paris Galleries Street. The property has 2 restaurants, 1 bar, an indoor swimming pool and even a Spa & Wellness Centre!
- PortoBay Flores You can’t find a better place to stay than PortoBay Flores when visiting the Portuguese city of Porto. The central location, comfortable and affordable rooms, fitness center with sauna and spa services are just some things that will make you want to come back again!
12) San Sebastián, Spain
San Sebastián is located on the Bay of Biscay in Spain’s mountainous Basque Country. Known for its beaches, world-renowned restaurants, and the old town of Parte Vieja with cobbled streets, upscale shops, and vibrant tapas bars.
On a girls’ getaway in San Sebastián, you can find incredible wine selections, regional cuisine, and it’s a foodies’ dream location with a large number of Michelin-star restaurants and Pintxos bars.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In San Sebastián, Spain
- Take a trip to the top of Monte Igueldo. At the top, you get a great view of La Concha Bay, Monte Urgull (situated directly across from Monte Igueldo) as well as panoramic views of the Bay of Biscay.
- Explore San Sebastián’s Old Town, and spend an evening eating tapas and visiting the pintxos bars.
- Prefer to bike than walk? Then join this 2.5 hour small group biking tour around the city.
Recommended Accommodation In San Sebastián, Spain
- The Lasala Plaza Hotel provides visitors with a glimpse of the original, classic Donostia. The building dates back to 1917 and was fully renovated yet preserving its architectural characteristics from that time period.
- Villa Soro Enjoy your stay in one of the city’s historic Villas, considered Historical Heritage. Following its painstaking refurbishment, it has 25 carefully prepared rooms with a welcoming lounge area and fireplace as well as pretty terraces that you can enjoy at sundown.
- SANSEbay HOTEL is the first chic hotel in this beautiful city. With prime location on the edge of Old Town by a picturesque sea view, you’ll be minutes away from so many compelling attractions like Mount Urgull or even La Concha Beach with its clear blue waters!
Summer Girls Getaways Wrap Up
There you have it, our top 12 destinations for a fun European summer girls’ getaway!
Was your favorite included in the list? Let us know your picks for the best Europe girls’ getaway destinations for summer!
We hope that this article has inspired you to go on a Europe summer girls getaway. If you have any questions about the destination or have your own travel tips to share please leave these in the comments below.
Want to share your own travel tips by guest writing for We Are Travel Girls? Go to our Contribute page for guidelines and to submit your article.
Read More Girls Getaway Guides
- 15 Best California Girls Getaway Destinations
- Top 10 Winter Girls Getaways Destinations In Europe
- Ultimate Girls Getaways For 2021
We Are Travel Girls Founder Becky van Dijk of BeckyvanDijk.com
Connect with Becky Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | YouTube
Pin For Later
This website is a free resource we may use affiliate links in our articles. As an Airbnb Associate, I may earn a fee when you book from this page. Please see our Disclosures for more information.
Leave a Reply