Fredericksburg is a small town in central Texas that is known for its wineries. Fredericksburg offers a unique and charming alternative to its bigger neighboring cities, Austin and San Antonio. With a small-town feel (population 11,072 as of 2021), Fredericksburg still has wonderful attractions to offer its visitors, from its German heritage wineries to national museums.
Wineries might not be the first thing you consider when thinking about Fredericksburg or Texas. Still, the area has over 40 wineries and tasting rooms within 30 miles of the city—making it a great place to have a fall girls’ getaway if you like wine.
If wine isn’t your girl gang’s drink of choice, there are plenty of other options, including spirit distilleries, ciders, cocktail options, and live music around every corner. For those who prefer a quieter girls’ trip, Fredericksburg is close to the Enchanted Rock State Natural Area, where you can hike, camp, or rock climb.
Here’s our ultimate girls’ getaway guide to Fredericksburg, Texas, with all the tips you need to plan an unforgettable girls’ trip!
Best Hotels In Fredericksburg For A Girls’ Getaway
Despite its size, Fredericksburg has many accommodation options, from boutique hotels to luxury resorts, all just a short drive from the city center. There is something for every accommodation, desire and budget.
These are ten of the top-rated hotels in Fredericksburg. We’ve organized them by luxury, mid-range and budget.
Luxury Fredericksburg Hotels
- Fredericksburg Inn & Suites – Located within walking distance of restaurants and some of the city’s major attractions, this hotel has a great central location. With two outdoor swimming pools, a lazy river, and 103 premium rooms, this is a great place to stay with your girl group.
- The Lodge Above Town Creek – With 16 different suites, this hotel has a mixture of king suites and suites with a king bed and a queen sofa bed.
- Barons CreekSide – Located in a rural area outside of the city, this resort has a mix of rooms or cabins. There is also a restaurant and a bar for guests to enjoy.
Mid-Range Fredericksburg Hotels
- The Evers House – This hotel is an upscale bed and breakfast in Fredericksburg with a free breakfast. The hotel also has a fire pit, a garden and free wifi.
- The Winchester Lodge – Located just a short walk from the National Museum of the Pacific War and Rockbox Theater, this hotel is located within the city’s business district. The hotel has 16 individually furnished rooms with rainfall showers and designer toiletries. The hotel also has additional perks, including an outdoor swimming pool with sun loungers and free self-parking.
- Hoffman Haus – With 20 individually furnished rooms, this hotel offers air conditioning in each room and has rooms which sleep between two and seven people. The rooms vary from rooms with king beds to farmhouses and cottages sleeping with kitchen features.
Budget Fredericksburg Hotels
- Vineyard Trail Cottages – Located within walking distance of Four Point Cellars, Grape Creek Vineyards and Wildseed Farms, this hotel is a selection of cabins outside the city. Each cabin has kitchen facilities and can sleep between two and four people.
- Inn On Barons Creek – This hotel is within walking distance of local attractions and shopping locations. The hotel has a complimentary full breakfast, a garden and a spa. There is also an outdoor pool for guests to enjoy, as well as a gift shop and complimentary self-parking.
- Stonewall Motor Lodge – Located in Stonewall close to Lyndon B. Johnson State Park, Pedernales Cellars and Grape Creek Vineyards. The hotel has 12 rooms, which boast amenities such as heating and fans, balconies, and free self-parking.
- Best Western Plus Fredericksburg – Located on E Highway Street in Fredericksburg. This hotel has 56 rooms, including rooms with king beds, queen beds and sofa beds. These rooms sleep between two and four people comfortably.
Best Villas In Fredericksburg For A Girls’ Getaway
If you are looking for a more affordable high-end rental or somewhere where all your girls can relax together on your Fredericksburg girls’ getaway, here are ten top-rated luxury villas that are less pricey but still have all the required amenities for an incredible stay:
- Hill Country Haven – 2 bedroom / 2 bath / Sleeps 4
- Dove House – 2 bedroom / 1 bath / Sleeps 5
- Lakeside Italian Villa – 2 bedroom / 2 bath / Sleeps 6
- Silver Lining Cottage – 2 bedroom / 1 bath / Sleeps 6
- Modern Farmhouse – 3 bedroom / 2 bath / Sleeps 10
- Fulton House – 2 bedroom / 1 bath / Sleeps 4
- Newly Remodeled Home – 3 bedroom / 2 bath / Sleeps 8
- Rose Street Cottage – 3 bedroom / 3 bath / Sleeps 6
- Das Glencairn Haus – 2 bedroom / 2 bath / Sleeps 6
- Oma Lange’s Guesthouse – 2 bedroom / 2 bath / sleeps 5
Things To Do In Fredericksburg On A Girls’ Getaway
Fredericksburg is a great destination for a girls ‘ getaway, located just 70 miles northwest of San Antonio and 80 miles west of Austin.
Situated in the heart of Texas Hill Country, this charming town offers many attractions for those looking to experience local culture, food, shopping, adventure, and small-town charm. With numerous options, Fredericksburg is the perfect place for a weekend getaway.
Here are ten fun things to do in Fredericksburg on a girls’ getaway!
1) Spend the day or a few hours at a local winery
Fredericksburg, Texas, is renowned for its wine culture and is often referred to as the wine country of the state.
The area boasts over 100 vineyards and tasting rooms, making it the perfect place to explore and learn about the variety of Texas grapes. Fredericksburg is a top destination for wine enthusiasts and is one of the most famous wine regions in the country.
2) Visit and shop along Main Street
Go shopping on the main street, which has many independent stores, antique stores, candy stores, and souvenir shops.
3) Eat some German classic dishes
The small town has its origins dating back to 1846, when German immigrants and settlers founded it. The town still retains its traditional values and authentic German roots.
You can savor the taste of Germany by trying out some of their classic dishes, including sausages, pretzels, and apple strudel. It’s almost like being transported to Europe!
4) Visit Wildseed Farms
When you visit Wildseed Farms, the largest working wildflower farm in the country, you can do more than admire the blooms from afar. This family-owned countryside escape spans 200 acres and allows you to pick your own bouquet.
In addition to the wildflower fields, visitors can enjoy a beautiful butterfly garden, a wine-tasting room, and special events that are held frequently.
5) Get outdoors in Enchanted Rock State Park
Located just a short 20-minute drive outside of Fredericksburg, Enchanted Rock State Park boasts an enormous batholith that was considered a sacred site by Native Americans.
One of the park’s main attractions is the pink granite dome that offers a stunning view of the Texas Hill Country from the top. This scenic location is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts who can enjoy hiking, picnicking, and camping overnight in the state park.
6) Enjoy the area’s nightlife with a few drinks
To kick off your evening with a combination of drinks and live music, 78624 Bar is a great place to start. Then, you can head to Vaudeville, an acclaimed French-style bistro located on Main Street, for a delicious dinner.
Alternatively, you can try out Hill & Vine or Otto’s German Bistro. After dinner, you can enjoy some live music at a honky-tonk or an outdoor beer garden, as there are usually performances most nights of the week.
7) Attend a festival
There are various seasonal festivals that you can attend depending on the time of year you visit. During spring, you can expect events that revolve around the blooming of Texas bluebonnets. In fall, the town gears up for Oktoberfest which celebrates its German heritage, and the Food & Wine Festival.
8) Walk through the Japanese Garden of Peace
The Japanese Garden of Peace is a part of the National Museum of the Pacific War. It offers a peaceful retreat amid the bustling downtown area. The garden serves as a contrast to the theme of war that is discussed in the buildings surrounding it. The garden has several symbolic items, such as stones, raked gravel, and a water feature.
9) Take a trip to Luckenbach
Make sure to stop by the town of Luckenbach. Even though Luckenbach is just 14 miles from Fredericksburg, it’s a must-visit spot.
It’s a small town that attracts tourists worldwide to enjoy beer under the oak trees, listen to country music on the stages out back, and appreciate the memorabilia-studded bar. Despite being a tiny ghost town, Luckenbach has a unique charm that people can’t help but fall in love with.
10) Listen to live music in Bankersmith
Bankersmith is a former ghost town transformed into a saloon and dance hall. It boasts four fully stocked bars, live music, and delicious food, making it an exciting place to visit.
Bankersmith also hosts several markets, food festivals, and special events, so it’s a good idea to check the calendar before planning a visit, especially on weekends.
Best Tours To Take In Fredericksburg For A Girls’ Getaway
Fredericksburg offers a variety of enjoyable tours for exploring the area, tasting wine and visiting historic landmarks. For a girl’s getaway, here are two great tour options:
- This wine tour includes tastings at three local wineries, showcasing the region’s best. Enjoy 4-5 tastings per winery and a variety of flavors and styles.
- Explore the wineries, hills, and history of Texas Hill Country on a full-day tour. Visit the LBJ Ranch, stroll around historic Fredericksburg, and experience the magic of Luckenbach.
Best Dinner Spots In Fredericksburg
Fredericksburg boasts various restaurants and brew pubs that offer unique German and German-inspired cuisine not commonly found in Texas.
Here are ten of the best restaurants in Fredericksburg:
- Vaudeville – Located in the heart of Fredericksburg, this three-story landmark has everything you need under one roof: a restaurant, a gourmet market, a wine club, a home and giftware showroom, a supper club and an art gallery.
- Hill & Vine – This restaurant is founded on the owner’s love of quality and classic Texas food. It offers the best Texas flavors, from tender cuts to queso and fresh fish.
- Otto’s German Bistro – This German bistro offers classic dishes with local, organic, and sustainable ingredients. Their menu changes seasonally and they serve German-Austrian wine and craft beers in a convivial atmosphere.
- August E’s – This restaurant combines locally sourced ingredients with seasonal components, making bright, clean, bold-flavored dishes.
- Granite House Lounge – This is a great spot where locals and tourists can enjoy an amazing meal accompanied by delightful cocktails. Bring together a diverse and distinctive blend of New Orleans-inspired food and a calming ambiance.
- Altstadt Brewery – If you’re looking for authentic German craft beer and food that have won awards, Altstadt Brewery is the perfect destination. The brewery’s premises create the impression of a small piece of Bavaria.
- Cabernet Grill – This restaurant is considered one of the top ten in the USA by many people. It offers a perfect mix of hearty Texan cuisine and upscale dining with an impressive menu and well-organized operations. The proprietor and chef of the restaurant is Ross Burtwell.
- Pasta Bella – The vibrant red exterior and colorful interior offer Texas-sized portions of classic Italian cuisine, beer, and wine. Must-try lunch specials, as well as low-carb and gluten-free options.
- Backwoods BBQ – This family-owned restaurant specializes in tender, seasoned brisket, chicken, pork, beef ribs and a variety of homemade desserts, all at an affordable price.
- West End Pizza Co – This beloved Fredericksburg establishment has been owned by a family since 2009 and welcomes tourists and residents alike. They accept waitlist reservations either online or in-person via queue. The venue boasts a huge patio bar, outdoor picnic tables, and a spacious game room that caters to families and large groups, making it the ideal spot for parties or events.
Best Nightlife Spots in Fredericksburg
Fredericksburg, Texas, offers a thriving nightlife scene with live music, dancing, late-night bites, and plenty of drink options. Here are ten of the best nightlife spots in Fredericksburg:
- 78624 Bar – Enjoy classic cocktails, wine, and beer in a unique, antique-filled setting. Live piano music and a courtyard make it a top choice.
- Winery and Distillery – With exposed stone, dark wood, and cozy couches to sink into, this bar is a favorite among locals and those in the know.
- Salvation Speakeasy – A speakeasy with lush furnishings and skilled bartenders in an unexpected location.
- Velvet Lounge – At Velvet Lounge, you’ll find a welcoming and friendly atmosphere where you can let loose and have some fun. Whether you’re an experienced karaoke singer or just starting out, the staff at Velvet Lounge will make sure that you have an unforgettable time. They are well-known for their happy hour specials.
- Hye Cider – They have recently relocated to a new tasting room at the Texas Wine Collective. Their core offering consists of five ciders made from apples, honey, and other organic ingredients sourced from the Hill Country.
- Garrison Brothers Distillery – They make premium grain-to-glass bourbon on the ranch and welcome visitors to sample their wares.
- The Club – This bar has an excellent range of Texas and International wines and craft beers. You can enjoy some live music if you visit on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday evening.
- Pioneer Bar – This is the perfect place to enjoy a beer, wine, or spirit while listening to live music and dancing.
- Western Edge Kitchen and Cocktails – Indulge in an exceptional variety of wine, cocktails, and craft beer while enjoying live music in a cozy, Hill Country atmosphere.
- Lincoln Street Wine Market – Lincoln Street Wine Market is a well-established wine and cigar bar in Fredericksburg. They offer a wide selection of wines from different regions around the world, available for purchase by the glass or bottle.
How To Get To Fredericksburg, Texas
One of the things that makes Fredericksburg an ideal destination for a girls’ getaway is that it is easily accessible by several direct flights from around the United States.
San Antonio International Airport (SAT) and Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) are just over an hour away from Fredericksburg.
The airport is located just over an hour outside of Fredericksburg. You can pick up an Uber at the airport, get a taxi, or rent a car.
Best Time To Visit Fredericksburg
Fredericksburg is a great city to visit for a girl’s getaway year-round. There isn’t a wrong time to visit Fredericksburg, but if you don’t like hot and humid weather, avoid visiting between May and August.
The best time to visit Fredericksburg is either in spring or fall when the temperatures are cooler than in the summer.
Fredericksburg Girls Getaway Guide Wrap Up
I hope you’ve found this Fredericksburg girls’ getaway guide helpful and you are now excited to visit this city with your girls!
If you have questions about Fredericksburg or tips for our readers, please leave these in the comments below! And suppose you’re interested in visiting other cities in the United States. In that case, you can check out all our Bachelorette party articles for inspiration or all our girls getaway guides for other trip ideas.
We hope that this article has inspired you to visit Fredericksburg, Texas. If you have any questions or advice to share with our readers, please leave these in the comments below.
Want to write for We Are Travel Girls? Please visit our Contribute Page to submit your article.
Read More About Girls Getaways
- 17 Best California Girls Getaway Destinations
- Top 10 Winter Girls Getaways Destinations In Europe
- 12 Spring Girls Getaway Destinations In The USA
- Top 12 Winter Girls Getaway Destinations In The US
Pin For Later
This article may contain affiliate links, if you purchase something using one of our links we may receive a commission. Please see our Disclosures for more information.