Girls’ getaways can be enjoyed all year round, but one of our favourite times of year to go on a girls’ trip is during the quieter months in fall. There is nothing quite like a weekend or week-long getaway in Europe with your girlfriends during the prettiest season of the year!
Think of days hiking, drinking wine, relaxing on the beach, exploring cities, dancing warm nights away, or visiting museums.
There are so many great holiday options to choose from, so in this article, we have chosen our top 20 fall girls’ getaway destinations in Europe to get you excited for a weekend or week away with your girlfriends!
1) Venice, Italy
Venice is unlike any other city in the world. A city made up of canals and walkways connected via bridges surrounded by incredible colourful buildings. Venice is the ideal destination for art lovers, those who love to learn about different cultures and those girls who just love to eat Italian food.
From St Mark’s Square to gondola rides, Venice has something for every girl gang. Imagine afternoons drinking wine in a small local restaurant on the waterfront, laughing with your girls – that’s a reality in Venice.
Autumn is an excellent time for a girls getaway in Venice as the huge summer crowds have long gone, meaning fewer tourists, fewer crowds at landmarks and shorter lines for restaurants. The weather can still be warm and sunny, giving the city a pleasant climate to walk around and enjoy meals outside.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Venice, Italy
- Take a tour of St. Mark’s Basilica, located within St Mark’s Square – an iconic city area.
- Head away from the main area and explore one of the nearby islands Burano, Murano and teh Torecllo Island for a unique day trip.
- Explore the city by water taxi and get from point a to point b as the locals do by utilizing the canal systems.
Accommodation In Venice, Italy For Groups
- Venetian Historic Residence – This is located within walking distance of the city’s landmarks and restaurants. This Venetian Residence has three bedrooms and some incredible views.
- Casa Veneziana – A real Venetian house in an 800th-century building. This house has three bedrooms that can sleep five people and offers incredible views over the canal of Cannaregio.
- Ca Bonfadini Historic Experience – This hotel is located just a few minutes walk from restaurants, bars and the famous Grand Canal. The hotel offers a grand feel and design, with unique furniture and painting on the walls, offering a luxurious stay.
When most people think of Ibiza, they think of thriving parties until 6am and day clubs on the beach. Ibiza is all that and much more. If your girls enjoy partying and clubbing until 6am, Ibiza should be top of the list. Equally, it should be high on the list if they enjoy relaxing on the beach.
Ibiza has become thriving European party heaven. More recently, it has turned from an inexpensive clubbing destination to an island filled with luxurious beach clubs, with many of the popular bar and club brands worldwide setting up locations on the island.
But if your girls are looking for a relaxing fall girls getaway Ibiza has a quiet side, with golden beaches, small quiet towns to explore, Caribbean style beaches and plenty of watersports – Even in fall, when the weather is more relaxed but still nice enough to enjoy the island and what it has to offer.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Ibiza
- Rent a boat and get out on the water to swim, explore, SUP or kayak.
- Head to the quieter town of Santa Eulalia for a golden sandy beach, local markets, shops and a small promenade.
- Take the ferry to the island of Formentera, with the Caribbean like beaches and small towns to explore.
Accommodation In Ibiza For Groups
- Aguas de Ibiza Grand Luxe Hotel – Located on the waterfront, this hotel offers guests a luxurious stay with the choice of two onsite restaurants, a full luxury spa and two swimming pools. Many of the hotel rooms have balconies overlooking the water with a mix of single and double rooms.
- Seaview Ibiza – Ideal for up to 6 guests, this traditional villa offers an escape from the lively town but is still close enough to visit the beaches and local attractions.
- Country House – This four-bedroom country house is the perfect girls group getaway location with a large outdoor swimming pool, plenty of outdoor space to relax and a traditional interior.
Related Post: Ibiza: Exploring Beyond the Parties
3) Budapest, Hungary
Budapest is known for being laidback, as the home of excellent street food, for its traditional bars, markets, history and culture.
Ideal for a fall girls getaway Budapest is a great place to spend a relaxing weekend with your girls, relaxing at a one-of-a-kind outdoor spa, dancing until 4am and eating delicious traditional food.
Fall is a great time to visit the city with many events such as Budapest Design Week, Art Market Budapest, October’s international art fair and the Italian Riesling Festival.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Budapest
- Relax in the Szechenyi Spa Baths, backed by the 20th-century Turkish building.
- Sample Lángos, a traditional snack of deep-fried bread with cream cheese and garlic. A perfect hangover snack.
- Go shopping at the Great Market Hall with local produce and handicrafts.
Accommodation In Budapest For Groups
- Historic downtown apartment – This 860 square foot apartment is decorated in bright colors. The three-bedroom home sleeps five people and has two balconies perfect for admiring the city views.
- Modern style apartment two bedroom with free airport shuttle in downtown Budapest – Sleeping six people in three bedrooms, this downtown apartment has a living room area, full kitchen and modern furnishings.
- Maltild Palace – Located in the city’s center, this hotel is close to some of the city’s top landmarks. The hotel has a spa, rooftop terrace, coffee shop, restaurant, bar and lounge area.
Related Post: 10 Things To Do In Budapest, Hungary
One of the most iconic and talked about city’s in Europe, Prague is filled with Gothic grace and Renaissance architecture, museums, churches and bridges. Prague is a great weekend destination any time of the year.
Prague is known for its nightlife, jazz and classical music, the riverside JazzDock and the Cross Club nightlife area.
Great for an fall girls getaway Prague has something for everyone with historic buildings, a beautiful riverfront, castles, the Vltava river, farmer’s markets and cathedrals.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Prague
- Explore and walk around the Old Town Square with alfresco restaurants and street performers.
- Walk across the Charles Bridge and take in the views of the city.
- Watch a puppet show, drink the world-famous beer, and immerse yourself in the Prague nightlife.
Accommodation In Prague For Groups
- Cosmopolitan Hotel Prague – This hotel can sleep up to four in one room with a mixture of deluxe rooms and suites. Located in the Prague 1 neighbourhood, this hotel is located in the city centre and close to a metro station.
- 18th Century Baroque Residence – Sleeping six guests comfortably in three bedrooms, this house is located in the centre of Lesser Town.
- Eclectic Three Bedroom Loft at Royal Way – With three bedrooms, all with a king bed, this loft is a great place to stay for a girls getaway. With an open plan living, kitchen and dining area, this loft has plenty of space to relax along with its own private elevator.
Related Post: The Best Things To Do In And Around Prague
5) Reykjavik, Iceland
The thriving capital of Iceland – Reykjavik, is the gateway to all the fantastic natural sites that Iceland offers. You can fly into the city with your girlfriends and use the city as a base to explore the country or just spend a few days in Reykjavik.
You can hire a car to get around the see everything Iceland has to offer or take a guided tour to a specific attraction or natural wonder.
During fall, you and your girls may even be lucky enough to see the northern lights. Other highlights include the Jökulsárlón glacial lake, Gullfoss Falls, Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss waterfalls, Kerio Crater lake, Hallgrimskirkja cathedral, Reynisfjara black sand beach, and so much more.
There are so many things to do in Reykjavik, so make sure to book a long weekend or week in the country during fall before the weather gets colder during winter.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Reykjavik
- Lounge around in the geothermal seawater of the Blue Lagoon. You can even stay at The Retreat Hotel at the Blue Lagoon!
- Golden Circle Full Day Tour stopping at the southern waterfalls, geysers, and the point where the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates meet.
- Visit Magic Ice, a sub-zero experience where you can visit ice sculptures and enjoy a drink at the ice bar.
Accommodation In Reykjavik For Groups
- Luxury Downtown Penthouse with sea view – This recently renovated two-bedroom apartment can sleep up to six people. The location is great for dining out, exploring the city and just a short walk from the city’s famous attractions.
- City Centre Two Bedroom Penthouse – This penthouse is excellent for a group getaway close to the city centre but within a quiet neighbourhood just a five-minute drive from downtown. The penthouse has modern amenities and a large balcony with a hot tub.
- Luxury Apartment with a Harbour view – This 1,400 square foot apartment has three bedrooms and two bathrooms. The apartment has a large open-plan living-dining area with floor to ceiling windows offering incredible harbour views.
Related Post: 10 Things To Do In Reykjavik
6) Loire Valley, France
Many compare the Lorie Valley to Napa, California, and it’s easy to see why – the wine! Lorie Valley is one of the most well-known areas in the world for wine production. If you are looking for an autumn girls getaway filled with wine and French châteaus, Loire Valley is the place to be!
The area is so incredible they gave it UNESCO World Heritage Site status. Filled with more than 300 châteaus, modern gardens, fairytale-like landscapes and castles, vineyards, wine tasting and of course, cheese and bread.
Fall is one of the most beautiful times of the year to visit Loire Valley. You can see the châteaus and gardens in hundreds of shades of orange and brown.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Loire Valley, France
- Visit the famous Château Royal d’Amboise, Château de Chambord and Château d’Azay-le-Rideau.
- Head to Maison des Sancerre to learn all about the region’s wine. You can take a self-guided tour and sample some delicious wine on the terrace, with the vineyards in the background.
- Take a trip to one or two of the area incredible château’s. Some great options are Château de Chenonceau or the Royal Château of Blois.
Accommodation In Loire Valley, France For Groups
- Charming three bedroom mill – Located close to the Indre River near shops, supermarkets and local attractions. The cottage has three bedrooms and modern amenities.
- Winemakers house in a peaceful location – The old winemakers’ house doesn’t look like much from the outside, but inside, the cottage is modern and intricately decorated. With two bedrooms, this cottage can sleep up to five people.
- Three-bedroom cottage – Sleeping up to eight people, this restored cottage has three bedrooms, three bathrooms and lots of outdoor space. It is located close to bakeries, supermarkets and local attractions.
7) Barcelona, Spain
Barcelona is a great girls getaway location no matter what time of year! Barcelona in fall is filled with events, festivals, sports and fewer crowds.
The city celebrates many events throughout fall, including Oktoberfest, the Sitges Film Festival, FC Barcelona football games, Flamenco Shows, RetroBarcelona and All Saints Day.
There is always something incredible happening in Barcelona, making it a great place to visit on an fall girls getaway.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Barcelona
- Visit the Sagrada Familia, the famous 140 years old still uncompleted marvel of construction.
- Relax on one of the city’s many beaches, which cover an area stretching 4.5km along the coastline. These beaches are also great for surfing, playing volleyball, or simply taking a dip in the ocean.
- Visit a La Boqueria, a vast market filled with fruits, vegetables, cold meats and cheese.
Accommodation In Barcelona For Groups
- 1098 square foot apartment – Located next to Plaza Catalunya, this spacious apartment can sleep six people. Decorated in neutral colors with all modern features, this apartment is a great place to stay in the city.
- Barrio Gotico Duplex with pool – This modern apartment is located within the neighborhood of Sarria, close to bus stops and local public transport. This apartment has a balcony, a fully equipped kitchen, and a communal swimming pool set over multiple levels.
- Casa Batllo Gaudi three-bedroom flat – Located within the Rambla Catalunya neighborhood and overlooking Gaudi’s Casa Batllo, this 1,400 square foot apartment is ideal for up to seven people. With three bedrooms, three bathrooms, and within walking distance of restaurants, bars and the city’s major attractions.
Related Post: Girls Getaways Guide To Barcelona
8) Bavaria, Germany
Located in southeast Germany, Bavaria is a state which encompasses Munich, Nuremberg, Augsburg and many more local small towns and villages.
It’s an excellent place for an fall girls getaway because there are many things to do and see within the area, from the world-famous Oktoberfest to pumpkin festivals, folk and cultural festivals.
There is nothing quite like the German Alps in fall with beautiful coloured foliage and golden mountains. In fall you can hike these beautiful mountains, visit the Neuschwanstein castle surrounded by fall foliage and, of course, drink local beers.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Bavaria, Germany
- Head to Bamberg and take a guided walking tour of the city.
- Discover incredible fairytale-like castles in the beautiful towns of Neuschwanstein and Linderhof.
- Head into Munich, discover the city’s magic, with incredible palaces and landmarks, and taste local beer.
Accommodation In Bavaria, Germany For Groups
- Modern Apartment in Allgäu for six – Located on the ground floor of a house, this apartment has room for six people in three bedrooms. The apartment also has a large terrace and garden area and a large open plan kitchen and living area.
- 800 square foot house – This recently renovated lodge has space to sleep five people in three bedrooms. There is a cabin type feel merged with modern amenities and everything you would need for your stay throughout the lodge.
- Modern 1,400 square foot home sleeping 11 guests – Located close to Saale Valley and the Franconian Forest Nature Park, this house has a modern, fully equipped kitchen, a large dining area, living room area, fireplace and even a sauna.
9) Stockholm, Sweden
Stockholm is a great fall destination for a girls’ getaway, with fall markets, apple and mushroom picking and film festivals.
An fall trip to Stockholm is filled with exploring the city on cycling tours or walking tours, and boat trips along Lake Mälaren to see iconic landmarks such as the UNESCO listed Drottningholm Palace.
During the fall in Stockholm, there are many exhibitions, the Stockholm Fringe Festival, the Stockholm Open tennis event and other events throughout the city.
On a Europe fall girls getaway, imagine having a cocktail in a city bar, visiting an all-night club, sitting on the riverfront with a coffee, or taking to the water admiring the incredible architecture.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Stockholm, Sweden
- Visit the Vasa Museum in Stockholm and explore one of the world’s most magnificent shipwrecks, with over 60% of its original parts still preserved. Learn about Swedish culture at Fotografiska Museum, which includes a permanent exhibition on photography through history.
- Wander around the Old Town (Gamla Stan), filled with bars, restaurants, and the Royal Palace.
- Take a tour of Stockholm’s subway stations. Discover the artistic wonders of Stockholm’s subway system on this guided tour. Travel along the red and blue lines to admire fascinating artwork from over 150 artists.
Accommodation In Stockholm, Sweden For Groups
- Grand Hôtel Stockholm – Centrally located hotel in the city centre close to the Metro Station. The hotel has a full-service spa and indoor swimming pool perfect for a girls pampering day!
- Ett Hem – This historic feeling hotel in Stockholm’s Ostermalm neighbourhood. The hotel has plenty of communal areas to relax, including a charming courtyard, a state of the art gym with a traditional Swedish sauna and a hot stone slab.
- The Bank Hotel is part of the Small Luxury Hotels Group and an intimate modern place in Stockholm.
Related Post: A Quick Guide To Stockholm, Sweden
Many often consider fall as one of the most beautiful times to visit Amsterdam, with fall foliage, mild temperatures and cosy restaurants!
Amsterdam holds incredible events during the fall, with everything from cultural festivals, Museum Nights, film festivals and many more.
Don’t forget to grab your girl gang and head to a local cafe to try a glass of hot Chocomel and a slice of apple pie.
For more great things to do in Amsterdam, read our articles on The Ultimate Travel Guide to Amsterdam and A Guide to Amsterdam on a Budget!
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Amsterdam
- Take a canal tour of the city with your girls. Have a cocktail or dinner as you go.
- Tour the city on bicycles.
- Watch the sunset at Pllek, a locals favorite, where you can grab a glass of wine or hot drink and watch the sunset.
Accommodation In Amsterdam For Groups
- Luxury Maison West Amsterdam Townhouse – Located within a residential neighborhood, this townhouse can comfortably sleep up to six people in four bedrooms. The townhouse has modern furnishings and everything you need for your stay in the city.
- Spacious three-bedroom apartment with a rooftop garden – Just a few minutes walk to the city’s main attractions. This apartment is a great place to stay within the city for your group.
- Large three bedroom apartment – With views of the Prinsen Canal, this apartment can sleep up to six guests in three bedrooms, with an open plan feel.
Related Post: The Ultimate Travel Guide to Amsterdam
Austria isn’t just a winter or spring destination – there’s more to do than snow skiing, with five-star spas, incredible cities, beautiful mountain villages and hiking trails.
Like spring, Austria in fall isn’t the warmest place to be, but it sure is one of the most beautiful! This season is great for grabbing your girls for a cycling trip, heading up the mountains on a hike or boating. And if it’s a good snow year, you might even be able to get in some early skiing.
For more great things to do in Austria, read our articles on How to Spend 24 Hours in Salzburg and 25 Fairytale Photos to Inspire You to Visit Halstatt!
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Austria
- Spend the day exploring Vienna – visit the Schönbrunn Palace, the St. Stephen’s Cathedral, the Belvedere Palace and take a boat tour along the Danube Canal.
- Visit Salzburg, the birthplace of Mozart, where you can visit Mozart’s birthplace turned museum and explore the UNESCO-listed city.
- If the mountains are more your things, take your girl gang for a fall adventure in Innsbruck. You can go rock climbing, white water rafting, hiking in the mountains, and visiting the quaint villages.
Accommodation In Austria For Groups
- Four bedroom penthouse in Vienna – Located close to the city centre, this penthouse can sleep up to seven people comfortably in four bedrooms.
- WohlfühlHaus in the mountains – With incredible views of the Osterhorngruppe mountains, this chalet is a great place to stay in the fall for a girls getaway. This chalet has lots of open space, with large windows offering incredible views.
- Four bedroom, three bathroom holiday home in Niedernsill – With enough space for up to 10 guests, this home has four bedrooms, a sauna, a terrace, and several restaurants and bars.
12) Rome, Italy
Rome is one of Italy’s most famous cities filled with culture, beautiful landmarks, history and pasta!
During fall, Rome has mild temperatures, is filled with golden and brown colors and the streets are quieter. Summer is the busiest time to visit the city, so fall is considered the shoulder season, with fewer tourists and crowds, excellent for visiting popular attractions such as the Vatican City, Trevi Fountain and Colosseum.
Rome and Italy are famous for their cuisine, and during the fall, that is no different, with fresh flavors and produce such as pecorino (fava beans and cheese) and puntarella (chicory shoot with anchovies).
We have many articles to help you make the most of your time in the city, so bookmark our How To Do Rome in 1 Day and The Eternal City: 9 Picturesque Sights in Rome posts to plan your perfect trip!
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Rome
- Visit the Vatican City and take in the view from St. Peter’s Basilica. While you are there, visit the Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museum
- Eat your body weight in pizza, pasta, and gelato!
- Throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain and make a wish
Accommodation In Rome For Groups
- Piazza Navona Luxury Apartment – This three bedroom, 2,000 square foot apartment has three bedrooms and can sleep up to seven guests. The magic in this apartment is the terrace, with a dining table. There is also an additional balcony with incredible views.
- ElyRose three-bedroom apartment close to Santa Maria Maggiore – Located within walking distance of many of the city’s famous attractions and within walking distance of public transportation. The apartment offers incredible views of the city from its terrace and the interior is traditionally Italian.
- Relais Donna Lucrezia – Within the Rome Historic Centre, this hotel has six great rooms.
Related Post: How To See Rome Like A Local
13) Dublin, Ireland
Dublin is Ireland’s and Europe’s unique one-of-a-kind city. Ideal for visiting year any time of the year on a girls’ getaway!
A European fall girls getaway in Dublin is filled with beer drinking, afternoon tea with a twist, pub crawls and countryside adventures.
The Irish city is the home and birthplace of Guinness, and you can visit the Guinness Storehouse to learn all about the history of the famous drink and how its created.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Dublin, Ireland
- Enjoy afternoon tea with a twist – the Hendrick’s Gin High Tea at the Gin Palace Dublin.
- Make your own jewelry at the jewelry making class at Silver Works
- Take a trip to the home of Guinness at the Guinness Storehouse
Accommodation In Dublin, Ireland For Groups
- The Shelbourne, Autograph Collection – The Shelbourne Dublin is the hotel that started it all. It’s intelligent, stylish and utterly distinctive, with Victorian charm in every corner. A chic spa area features a private pool for relaxing after long days of exploring Ireland’s vibrant capital city!
- The Westbury Hotel – With the Westbury, you don’t have to choose between quality and convenience. This elegant hotel offers an unparalleled location in Dublin’s central shopping district with impeccable service and gourmet food!
- The Dylan Hotel – This hotel is like having a little piece of heaven in the middle of bustling, hectic city life. The hotel was recently renovated to perfection and boasts unbeatable amenities, including luxury accommodations with breathtaking views!
14) Bruges, Belgium
Bruges or Brugges is a small city well known for its Belgian waffles, beer, heritage sites, canal rides and famous landmarks.
A European fall girls getaway in Bruges will give your girl gang the chance to learn how Belgium chocolate is made. Visit the See Hoeke windmill, Climb the Belfry of Bruges and visit the Basilica of the Holy Blood.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Bruges, Belgium
- If your girl gang likes drinking beer, you have come to the right place. Explore the best of Belgium beer on a beer tour.
- Spend the day exploring Bruges – Some great places to visit are Market Square, Burg Square, St Basilius Chapel and the Bridge of St Boniface.
- Enjoy a boat trip along the canals.
Accommodation In Bruges, Belgium For Groups
- Hotel Prinsenhof – Located in the Historical Center Bruges, this hotel has a full spa, restaurant and a bar. With just 26 rooms, this hotel is small but individually decorated.
- Four bedroom holiday home – Diephuys 14A is located in the city’s historical center close to the canals, museums, and boutique shops. The house has four bedrooms and two bathrooms, comfortably sleeping up to eight guests.
- Step-gabled three-bedroom home – Located on the ground floor Voilà Lola has three bedrooms meaning it can comfortably sleep up to six guests. The house has a fully equipped kitchen, desk area, open plan living area and large bedrooms.
15) Cotswolds, United Kingdom
The Cotswold’s comprises five counties Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire, Warwickshire, Wiltshire and Worcestershire in the southwest of England. The area covers over 800 square miles and includes Cirencester, Tetbury, Stroud and Tewkesbury. These towns are small and offer unique markets, boutique shops and quaint coffee shops.
A Europe fall girl’s getaway in the Cotswold’s will give you and your girls the chance to explore luxury abbey’s, small villages and world-class shopping.
With quintessential English charm, the Cotswold’s are a unique and historic place to visit with your girls in the fall with colorful hikes, country shows, cosy pub dinners and pick your own farms.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Cotswolds, UK
- Spend time exploring some of the local luxury abbey’s – Hailes Abbey, Berkeley Castle, Rousham House and Gardens, Sudeley Castle or Tewkesbury Abbey.
- Visit one of the charming villages; some great ones are Cirencester, Burford, Swinbrook and Bibury.
- Take your girls for some well earned retail therapy at the unique boutique clothing store, book store or antique store.
Accommodation In Cotswold’s, UK For Groups
- Stanley Cottage – This Cotswold’s stone cottage has three bedrooms sleeping five comfortably. It is located close to the town of Chipping Campden, with shops, pubs and tearooms.
- Hook Cottage – Sleeping seven, this cottage has four bedrooms and offers an indoor and outdoor dining area and an open plan kitchen and living room area.
- Listed country cottage – This listed country cottage is located in the village of Lower Swell. With easy access to walking trails, museums, art galleries and parks.
- 5 Star Luxury Cottage – This 17th-century cottage has five-star luxury, a large outdoor living area, a modern kitchen and dining area, and a fireplace.
16) Lake Bled, Slovenia
Located in the Julian Alps of the Upper Carniolan region of northwestern Slovenia and adjoins the town of Bled. Just 55km from Ljubljana, Lake Bled can be visited as a girls getaway weekend or paired with a second weekend or week in Ljubljana.
There are plenty of hiking trails to stunning viewpoints, or you can simply walk or bicycle around the lake, which is roughly 6.5KM. This is a great time to see the unique golden fall foliage.
You and your girl gang can get out on the water – renting a traditional wooden boat or ‘pletna” from the lakeshore and row yourself to the Assumption of Mary Church located on the small island in the lake.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Lake Bled
- Visit the northeast part of the Lake to enjoy thermal waters, which also supply some of Bled’s hotel swimming pools. Or enjoy the thermal waters together with a spa day at one of Bled’s luxury hotels.
- Kayak or go river rafting around the lake and then picnic on the shore
- Take a day trip to Vintgar Gorge, a beautiful 1.6km gorge where you can view the waterfalls, cascades and pools from various platforms and wooden bridges.
Accommodation In Lake Bled For Groups
- Grand Hotel Toplice – This hotel is located on the shore of Lake Bled, with incredible panoramic views of the Lake and Mountains. Here you are only steps away from the hiking and cycling trails around Lake Bled.
- Villa Bled Hotel – A former president’s home, this hotel is dripping with decadence. Every single corner of the villa is beautiful and decorated to the highest standard.
- Hotel Park – Sava Hotels & Resorts – Overlooking the Lake and Julian Alps, only a short distance from Ski Slopes, make this an excellent choice for Lake Bled.
Related Post: 6 Reasons To Go To Slovenia
17) Bergen, Norway
Bergen, Norway is a unique place to visit in the fall with your choice of seven mountains to hike, visit the Bryggen World Heritage Site with the colourful architecture and narrow alleyways.
You and your girl gang can spend the weekend or week exploring the city and visiting Bergen’s fish market, Bergen harbour, The Royal Palace – Gamlehaugen, head to the shops, take a Fjord Cruise and enjoy the traditional cuisine after all Bergen is the UNESCO City of Gastronomy.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Bergen, Norway
- Watch the sunset from the top of Ulriken Mountain. You can take the cable car to the top of the mountain or hike up to the top of the mountain.
- Take a guided tour to Nærøyfjord and Flåmsbanen with your girls to explore the charming villages and natural landscapes.
- Spend the day exploring the city of Bergen, finding unique restaurants, seeing the colorful houses and shopping at boutique stores.
Accommodation In Bergen, Norway For Groups
- Hotel No13 – Located in an area with excellent shopping, close to Grieg Hall and Hanseatic Museum. This four-star hotel has a restaurant, a bar and lounge and a coffee shop.
- Opus XVI – With 50 rooms, Opus XVI is a great place to stay with rooms featuring living areas, premium bedding and smart TVs.
- Bergen Børs Hotel – This hotel is a great place to stay in the city center, close to the attractions and the city’s famous landmarks. The hotel itself has 127 rooms, three bars and lounges and a restaurant.
18) Porto, Portugal
Porto has been gaining popularity for a Europe girls getaway or just simple city breaks in Portugal and for a good reason. Porto is filled with narrow cobbled streets, incredible views, and colourful buildings with the same architecture and magic as Lisbon.
Porto is filled with colour, festivals, events, and boat trips – Porto is the perfect blend of culture and history.
On a Europe fall girls getaway, imagine walking around the beautiful streets, exploring the city by boat, or taking a trip to the Douro Valley wine region to sample some local wines with your girl gang.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Porto, Portugal
- Explore the city by boat on the Rio Douro.
- Take a trip to the Douro Valley region to explore Portugal’s wine country. This all-day Douro tour includes lunch, wine tasting at two wineries and a river cruise.
- For a more adventurous day out, try this off-road buggy adventure. This is a 3-hour tour that includes a visit to Castromil’s gold mines and the Roman ruins of Castro Mozinho, where you can absorb and understand a little more of the history of Portugal.
Accommodation In Porto, Portugal For Groups
- Maison Albar Hotels Le Monumental Palace – Located in a historic building from 1923, the Maison Albar Hotels Le Monumental Palace offers 5-star accommodations.
- PortoBay Flores – You can’t find a better place to stay than PortoBay Flores when visiting the Portuguese city of Porto. The central location, comfortable and affordable rooms, fitness centre with sauna and spa services are just some things that will make you want to come back again!
- The Yeatman Hotel – Located within Vila Nova de Gaia and within walking distance of many restaurants and bars. The Yeatman Hotel is a great place to stay close to landmarks and things to do and see.
Related Post: Top 10 Things To Do In Porto, Portugal
19) Perthshire, Scotland
Perthshire is known for its woodlands, lochs, rivers and of course, the highland mountains. Located in the center of Scotland, Perthshire is home to numerous small villages and towns, while only being between one and a half or two hours from Edinburgh and Glasgow.
A Europe fall girl’s getaway in Perthshire makes for a quiet and relaxing weekend or week-long getaway, with plenty of things to see and do. Everything from a day trip to Edinburgh to a Queen’s View road trip, hiking and visiting small local towns – Perthshire has something relaxing for everyone to enjoy.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Perthshire, Scotland
- For the more adventurous group, outdoor activities might be on the agenda. Perthshire has everything from whitewater rafting to paddleboarding and clay pigeon shooting.
- Take a day tour to the Highland Lochs, where you can see waterfalls, tour the village of Pitlochry, visit the Queen’s View at Loch Tummel and take a traditional whiskey tour at Dewar’s World of Whisky.
- Head further afield and spend the day exploring the city of Edinburgh. Your group can visit Edinburgh Castle, Arthur’s Seat, the National Museum of Scotland and the Scottish National Gallery.
Accommodation In Perthshire, Scotland For Groups
- Fairmount, St Andrews – This hotel is located within a picturesque Scottish building, with 209 rooms, five restaurants, a full-service spa, and even a nine-hole golf course. They have a variety of room configurations and different suites, all with incredible views.
- Rufflets St Andrews – Located close to the University of St Andrews and the St. Andrews Botanic Garden, this is a great place to stay to enjoy the area.
- Craigatin House and Courtyard – This traditional Scottish style bed and breakfast offers a unique insight into Scottish living. The house has 14 rooms and is located within walking distance of restaurants and local attractions.
20) Piedmont, Italy
The region of Piedmont in Italy is a great choice for a Europe fall girls getaway with incredible wine tasting and vineyards, visit a Private Truffle Market or even go hiking with the fall foliage.
Fall is a great time to experience Piedmont’s outdoors with plenty of activities and options for your group to enjoy, from hiking, mountain biking, clinging, fishing and horse riding.
Piedmont is located in an area of Italy that borders France and Switzerland and is the region home to the city of Turin. The city of Turin is a great place to spend at least a day exploring or as a base to explore the surrounding area, along with having many things to see and do for everyone to enjoy.
Top 3 Girls Getaways Activities In Piedmont, Italy
- Go hiking in Val Grande National Park. There are numerous hiking trails, incredible views and landscapes.
- What goes together better than wine and Italy? Nothing. Head to Cantina del Glicine to sample some local wines and explore the winery.
- Spend the day exploring Turin – you can stop for coffee at Caffè Fiorio, visit the Egyptian Museum or explore the city on a quick walking tour.
Accommodation In Piedmont, Italy For Groups
- Hotel Turin Palace – Located in Crocetta, the Hotel Turin Palace is close to the main attractions in Turin. The hotel offers a great place to stay with 127 rooms, a restaurant, a fitness centre and a full-service spa for guests to enjoy.
- Principi de Piemonte – UNA Esperienze in Turin – Within walking distance of the Piazza San Carlo, this offers a great night stay in the city’s Historic District.
- Hotel Victoria and Iside Spa – if you are looking for somewhere to relax, this hotel is the perfect choice with a full-service spa, a restaurant and an indoor swimming pool. All of this is within walking distance of shops, restaurants and the city’s famous landmarks.
Fall Girls Getaways Wrap Up
There you have it, our top 20 destinations for a fun European fall girls’ getaway!
Was your favorite included in the list? Let us know your picks for the best Europe girls’ getaway destinations for fall!
We hope that this article has inspired you to go on a Europe fall girls getaway. If you have any questions about the destination or have your own travel tips to share, please leave these in the comments below.
Want to share your own travel tips by guest writing for We Are Travel Girls? Go to our Contribute page for guidelines and to submit your article.
Read More Girls Getaway Guides
- 15 Best California Girls Getaway Destinations
- Top 10 Winter Girls Getaways Destinations In Europe
- Ultimate Girls Getaways For 2021
We Are Travel Girls Founder Becky van Dijk of BeckyvanDijk.com
Connect with Becky Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | YouTube
Pin For Later
Leave a Reply