Last month I spent a fun wine tasting weekend in the picturesque town of Healdsburg, located in the heart of Sonoma County – California’s wine country.
Healdsburg is a small, tourist-oriented town with great shops and restaurants. If you are staying in downtown Healdsburg you can walk to everything and you are just a short drive to all the incredible nearby wineries on Westside Road.
This was my first time in Sonoma County and after having the best weekend with two of my girlfriends I fell in love with the area! Here are my suggestions for how to have the perfect girls getaway’ wine tasting weekend in Healdsburg, Sonoma County.
GETTING TO HEALDSBURG, SONOMA COUNTY
Sonoma County is conveniently located about 50 miles north of San Francisco International airport, so if you are flying in from a different country it would be best for you to fly into SF. But if you are flying into Healdsburg from within the United States I highly recommend flying into Santa Rosa Airport.
I flew from LAX to Santa Rosa Airport which was a quick 1.5hr flight and then it was just a 15-minute drive to downtown Healdsburg.
WINE TASTING IN HEALDSBURG – DAY 1
Winery 1: Willams Selyem
Winery 2: Flowers
Our second wine tasting stop was Flowers Winery. I had tried Flowers’ pinot noir before and loved it, but this was my first time trying their rosé wine which was delicious and a nice treat as they offer you welcome glass upon arrival.
This tasting room and garden called “House Of Flowers” is stunning and was by far the most unique and beautiful winery we visited. While they take walk-ins on a limited basis, reservations are required to have a full wine tasting experience here.
We called on our way here and were able to accommodate us, but because we didn’t have a reservation in advance we were not able to get any snacks or light bites with our tasting. This was a bit of a rookie move on our part as we did not have lunch, so by the bottom of our wine glasses here we started to feel a bit tipsy and starving. So, I would strongly suggest booking a reservation well in advance here and asking if you can pre-order some food or snacks.
Winery 3: TWOMEY
WINE TASTING & SHOPPING IN HEALDSBURG – DAY 2
Breakfast in Healdsburg
Shopping In Healdsburg
Winery 1: Rochioli
Winery 2: Landmark Vineyards
Wine Bar: Flight Deck
DINING IN HEALDSBURG
HEALDSBURG TIPS FROM A WINE AFICIONADO
- Rent bikes or Uber-hop between wineries on Westside Road that leads out of town. When plotting your route, you’ll want to make sure you loop over to Eastside Road to head back to Healdsburg.
- You’ll be in the heart of Russian River Valley with storied wineries that are famous for making some of the world’s best Chardonnay and Pinot Noir grapes. There are unassuming roads that lead off to beautiful lakes in the center of the loop. Check those out!
- Stop for pictures on the rusty red bridge that is on your route. Come back into town and finish at Siduri tasting room before heading to dinner somewhere fun like Bravas Tapas or Campo Fina!
BRANDLESS ECO LUGGAGE
Have you been to Healdsburg or somewhere else in Sonoma County? If you have any tips or questions please leave these in the comments below.
Want to share your own travel tips by guest writing for We Are Travel Girls? Visit our Contribute Page for guidelines and to submit your article.
Book Your Stay In Healdsburg, Sonoma County
- Healdsburg Inn On The Plaza
- Hotel Healdsburg
- Hotel Les Mars
- Find the best prices on hotels in Healdsburg
- Get US $55 off your first AirBNB booking
Read More About California
- 5 Must Do’s In Healdsburg
- Sip Your Way Through Northern Sonoma County
- Wine Tasting In Paso Robles
- Things To Do In Napa (Without Wine)
- Santa Barbara Bucketlist
- Highway 101 Road Trip
- Girls Getaway To Los Angeles
Pin For Later