Ladies We Love is a monthly interview series with women from around the world that provide us with inspiration through their travels and personal stories. This week we got to know the entrepreneur and businesswomen Arielle Chenarra of Thyme & Caramel.
1) For our readers who haven’t seen or tasted your fabulous cakes and cupcakes, please tell us more about yourself?
Thyme & Caramel is a gluten-free and hand-crafted vegan buttercream cakery I started in 2016 at age 14. I decided I wanted to pursue my passion in baking and artistry with a motivation to be a role model for the youth generation that they too can pursue their passion, especially those who are fortunate enough to get an education.
2) Could you tell us more about your business? What products do you make?
Thyme & Caramel specializes in Vegan Buttercream Cakes for special occasions such as Weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, showers or to simply to celebrate a good Monday! We specialize in Buttercream decor ranging from florals to succulents, oceans, characters or unicorns!
3) You created your business at the age of 14, what inspired you to start your business?
I felt challenged that children’ creativity and imagination are limited. Often times, we as children are disallowed to do numerous things despite our ability to do so when we ask for the reason, the answer is simply “You are too young, you are just a kid.”
I want to break this perception and encourage others of all ages that we are able to make a difference and an impact in our society despite our age.
4) What guidance would you give to our readers who are maybe thinking about creating their own business?
Starting up a business is an art, it’s like painting on a blank canvas, you just have to dip your brush in paint and start somewhere.
* Passion – start from within, when you do what you love, you will always find a way through.
* Foundational Values – build your values, these values will remind you to stay on your path and remind you why you started in the beginning.
* Persistence – The road to success will always be under construction. Be faithful in the small things for only then will you be faithful with much.
5) We have tasted your cupcakes and they are delicious, as well as looking great. Do you create them all yourself? How long do they take to make?
Yes! I made them all myself starting up, today I have a few ladies helping me with the baking process. Each cake I make are unique and different, I’d say anywhere between 1hour – 7hours for regular cakes and Wedding cakes could take a few days to prepare, the largest cake I’ve made took about a total of 48hours in design & conception only.
6) You host a cake decorating workshop for children aged between 6 and 15 years old, what do these workshops involve?
The Cupcake Dream workshop! Besides baking for clients, I wanted to channel more of my passion by sharing it with kids. The workshop is a hands-on cupcake decorating class where you get to learn how to design a floral cupcake from mixing to piping, colouring and arranging the florals! It’s beautiful to see the kids magical hands and for their creativity to flow freely.
7) You have been giving talks about your journey of positivity and happiness, what can you tell our readers about this and your journey?
Yes! I enjoy sharing on encouraging topics through my journey, in the hopes to inspire more people, especially the Youth, that through channelling each one of our unique passions, you can contribute to the betterment of our planet starting by giving back to our communities.
Live in the moment and be excellent today, for when you look back in your journey, you’ll be amazed at how everything was placed and happened perfectly for you.
8) If any of our readers visit Bali, how can they try your cakes and cupcakes?
You can place your order simply by filling in our order form via our website, we will get in touch with you from there :)
9) Now for a few fun questions, what is your favorite quote?
“Your rejection is your direction” well that’s my mum’s favorite quote, which I strongly believe in, but for a bonus, my favorite quote is “Be Excellent and all will be added unto you.”
10) Tell us a fun fact about yourself?
I got to be doing something at all times no matter how small, doing nothing simply results in guilt ;)
Read More Ladies We Love Interviews
- Ladies We Love: Hermon & Heroda
- Ladies We Love: Becky van Dijk
- Ladies We Love: Asha Daya of Girl Talk HQ
- Ladies We Love: Vanessa Rivers
Connect With Arielle
Pin For Later
This website is a free resource and to keep it free for our readers we may use affiliate links in our articles. If you make a purchase via the links on our site you will pay the same price, but we may receive a small percentage which helps us to keep bringing you new and informative travel content every day! Any products we endorse we personally use and love. Please see our Disclosures for more information.