Wishing all of our readers, followers and subscribers a Happy New Year from the team at We Are Travel Girls!
2019 was another great year for We Are Travel Girls with us bringing more ways for you to get involved in the community and introducing more resources to help you on your travels.
A few highlights from 2019 include introducing more Travel Girls Getaways destinations, adding Destination Pocket Guides to our Instagram, creating a Travel Resource Library packed with useful travel content, eBooks and checklists for you to download, the launch of Travel Girls Giving to host community fundraising and the launch of The Blogger Course which Becky put together to teach you how to create and run a profitable travel blog!
It is always a highlight for us to meet all the incredible women that make up this community and we thank you all for being a part of it in 2019! This year we met more of you at our Austrian Alps Ski Getaway, our Morocco Trips and our Malawi Safari & Charity Trip, as well as at meet-ups around the world.
A huge thank you also to our team who help to make this possible, our Senior Editor and resident SEO expert Ryan Rappeport (also Becky’s husband!), Anny Wooldridge who started as an intern and has been a dedicated member of our team for almost two years and our Ambassadors Amanda Twine and Anna Kloots. We are also excited to have Livia Borger join the team as a Marketing & Events Coordinator and Abi Prowse join as a new Ambassador. You can meet the team on our About Page.
Have a great start to the new decade!
Becky van Dijk & Vanessa Rivers
We Are Travel Girls 2019 Highlights
- Created a Travel Resources Library packed with eBooks, Destination Pocket Guides, Packing Lists and Checklists for you to download
- Welcomed women to Travel Girls Getaways in Austria, Morocco, and Malawi
- Interviewed several inspirational women for our monthly interview series Ladies We Love
- Featured hundreds of girls on our Instagram sharing useful Traveller Tips on every feature
- Created We Are Travel Girls Pocket Guides – 10-page destination guides you can save in Instagram or download in our library
- Featured several non-profits and charitable organisations in our Charities We Love series that brings a spotlight to organisations, non-profits and charities around the world that are doing good
- Launched Travel Girls Giving to provide a place to host community fundraisers and spotlight charitable organisations
- Hosted community meet-ups in cities around the world!
What Are Our Plans For 2020?
Throughout 2019 we started to formulate a long term plan for We Are Travel Girls, drawing on the feedback we had from the community which tells us that in-person connections are the most valuable part of the community. With that in mind, our Travel Girls Getaways and our events will continue to be a core focus for our business.
Things To Watch For
- Responsible Travel
We will be creating more content on the topics of sustainable, responsible and ethical travel to help you travel smarter.
- Panel Events
We will be hosting panel and speaker events featuring inspirational speakers and industry experts. The first event will be in London in February.
- Travel Girls Getaways
We will be adding new international destinations to our Travel Girls Getaways schedule as well as going back to our favourites, Morocco and Malawi.
- Weekend Getaways
We will be launching a series of long weekend getaways in the US. These will include niche trips such as wine weekends, surf weekends, wellness and yoga, hiking trips and lots more!
How Can You Get Involved In 2020?
There are lots of ways to get involved in our community, here are the four most popular ways to get involved, contribute your own travel advice and meet other women in the community.
- Submit a travel article for publishing on WeAreTravelGirls.com
- Share your travel tips and contribute to a Destination Pocket Guide
- Join one of our upcoming events
- Join a Travel Girls Getaway
- Join our community fundraising efforts
Some Inspiration From Our Founders
We are all dreamers, and many of us are dreaming of quitting our day jobs to travel. Well, that does seem like a dream doesn’t it?! Well, actually that is what we did!
Back at the end of 2015, Becky launched the We Are Travel Girls Instagram account whilst she was working full time heading up a team of financial advisors at UBS Private Bank in London. Vanessa had already been travel blogging for several years so they came together to launch the We Are Travel Girls website in 2016. In just over two years they took a feature account and turned it into a travel community of women all over the world; a community that meets offline at We Are Travel Girls events and trips, a community that inspires women to travel the world, a community that learns together and strives to be more responsible ethical travellers – a community that we LOVE!
We want the We Are Travel Girls community to not only connect you with other women who love to travel, but also to inspire you to go out and pursue your dreams, whatever they are. We did and we hope our story encourages you to create a life you love!
Thank You and Best Wishes For 2020
We hope that this year brings you everything that you wish for!